Should the city of Washington be renamed Jefferson?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Washington defended the interests of moneybags, big industrialists and slave owners, he acted against the common American people in the interests of the pro-British left imperialists. He is not worthy of having the capital named after him. A worthy candidate is Jefferson, defender of Liberty and the American people.

Washington defended the interests of moneybags, big industrialists and slave owners, he acted against the common American people in the interests of the pro-British left imperialists. He is not worthy of having the capital named after him. A worthy candidate is Jefferson, defender of Liberty and the American people.
Jefferson owned 100's of slaves, they are tearing down Jefferson statues, and you think those liberals would do something like that? :laughing0301:

• Banned
Jefferson owned 100's of slaves, they are tearing down Jefferson statues, and you think those liberals would do something like that? :laughing0301:
I think there is some kind of scam here. I read that Washington was the representative of big capital and slave owners. Jefferson was against him. If Jefferson had slaves, then he wanted to free them in future.

I think there is some kind of scam here. I read that Washington was the representative of big capital and slave owners. Jefferson was against him. If Jefferson had slaves, then he wanted to free them in future.
Think about what you just said. You are making a case using your own opinion, in light of
Jefferson owning over 500 slaves........IN HIS LIFETIME

When Washington was president the country needed funds. There were no taxes yet. So he worked with banks and the rich. Without that our nation would have folded.

Jefferson was a great man. But so was Washington. It won the war that gave us our freedom. Take your trolling somewhere else.

Jefferson was a great man but like all the founding fathers had some big flaws. He tried to eliminate slavery at the founding but failed, even though he owned hundreds of slaves. He also impregnated one of his slaves (Sally Hemings) several times.

His ”all men are created equal“ loses its effectiveness when blacks were enslaved. Plus he failed to grant freedom to all his slaves upon his death, as Washington did.

Both Washington and Jefferson had slaves, and they should both be cancelled.

Maybe renaming those towns in honor of real American heroes like George Floyd or Freddie Gay?

I recently read a serious book by some political scientist, it is in Russian, so I will not post it. But it was all right there. If Jefferson was against big capital and slave owners, then there is some kind of forgery here. Either he did not have the opportunity to release the slaves, or he did not have them.

No! Jefferson had slaves.

It should be named Bidenville.

Both Washington and Jefferson had slaves, and they should both be cancelled.

Maybe renaming those towns in honor of real American heroes like George Floyd or Freddie Gay?
These are completely different forces, do not mix them. Jefferson was an anti-Federalist, supporter of Liberty, Washington was a British litter. It's just the difference between the real right and the left in the US

Jefferson was a great man but like all the founding fathers had some big flaws. He tried to eliminate slavery at the founding but failed, even though he owned hundreds of slaves. He also impregnated one of his slaves (Sally Hemings) several times.

His ”all men are created equal“ loses its effectiveness when blacks were enslaved. Plus he failed to grant freedom to all his slaves upon his death, as Washington did.
Washington defended the interests of the slave owners. Most likely it "liberation" invented under Roosevelt, and if it was, it was pure populism.

Forum List

Back