Should the federal trials against Donald Trump be televised?

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?
We really need to see this. I'm REALLY hoping they'll make an exception.

main-qimg-a3febad76e43fd7b9e06e86697f5a9c8

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.
Yes but your hanging for treason should be too.

Last edited:
Why do you find that important?
Trump and others in the GOP are trying to make out it is the Democrats that are doing this for political reasons...

But the witnesses are all Republicans...

The evidence is clear...

This is a case where a Grand Jury from Miami has looked at the evidence and the testimonies and recommended that charges be brought.

For Jack Smith not to bring a case would be more like political interference...
Trump Admin did that in his admin but there is no evidence of Biden doing that.. None... If object to that, then post some hard evidence, to the caliber of the evidence that Trump is facing....

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.

Absolutely. Let the world see just how far down the banana republic rat hole this crap is.

Broadcast it LIVE so everyone can see corruption in action.

I want ALL sidebar action broadcast too.

Absolutely. Let the world see just how far down the banana republic rat hole this crap is.

Broadcast it LIVE so everyone can see corruption in action.

I want ALL sidebar action broadcast too.

Indeed, the whole world needs to see the total corruption of The Fat Orange Shit Giblet God/King and that of most of his administration!!

MAGA

/----/ The Founding Fathers didn't have TV, but they did have a free press that attended trials, and any citizen could sit in the gallery. So, yeah, the FF would approve.

No, but it is in the best interest of the American people. Win or lose, people need to see this, so they can see the whole picture, not just the version the left has given us.
Nope. It will be weeks of nightly "Trump is a poopy head, let's go to the video tape" from the MSM leading up to the election. Dem wet dream.

What should happen is that any trial don't get set until after the election.

Forum List

Back