Should the NZ shooter get the death penalty?

I say he should, what do you Lefties think?

No. He should spend the rest of his life in prison. Death ends his suffering.

Moot since New Zealand doesn't have a death penalty.

It has always amazed me that "deep state" conspiracy theorists and "small government" conservatives are willing to give the government actual power over life and death...

What amazes me is that Left wingers like yourself want to empower the state over every aspect of our lives, except when it comes to allowing the innocent unborn to be murdered or murderers to be allowed to kill in society or in prison.

I guess that is why people refer to the Left as the party of death.

"The Left" is not a "party" Dumbass.

It has always amazed me that "deep state" conspiracy theorists and "small government" conservatives are willing to give the government actual power over life and death...

What amazes me is that Left wingers like yourself want to empower the state over every aspect of our lives, except when it comes to allowing the innocent unborn to be murdered or murderers to be allowed to kill in society or in prison.

More semantics. Dumbass.

Why? We gave the Supreme Court the power to decide whether or not a child lives or dies.

------------------------------------- WHY , but it depends on 'nz' laws and I would GUESS that they don't have the Death Penalty . Just a GUESS .

More semantics. Dumbass.

It ain't "semantics", it's complete unmitigated bullshit. Not only is "the Left" not a party (or a race, that's probably coming), but people DO NOT refer to it that way. The poster pulled it out of his ass because he's a partisan hack moron.

No.

Why not?

Basically because it's murder, and the state doesn't have that right. Exactly the same reason as anywhere else.

Historically the state has always had that right.

Historically (some) states have assumed that right. Doesn't mean they "had" it.

Every murderer assumes the same right just before he murders. Same thing.
A lynch mob assumes the same right. Again, same thing.

Is locking them up the rest of their lives more humane as they are gang raped?

They're not sentenced to gang rape. That would be cruel and unusual.

You got it completely wrong. As a liberal I don't want to give the government control over women's bodies. You want the government to control women's bodies. My opposition to the death penalty is in the fallibility of the system.

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

I just want to know WHY this murderer should get the death penalty if 'nz' doesn't normally have a death penalty .

More semantics. Dumbass.

It ain't "semantics", it's complete unmitigated bullshit. Not only is "the Left" not a party (or a race, that's probably coming), but people DO NOT refer to it that way. The poster pulled it out of his ass because he's a partisan hack moron.

No, that is you playing games. EVERYONE, including YOU knows that when ANYONE talks about the "Right" they mean Repubs, when they talk about the "Left" it is the Dems. You're the partisan hack child.

No.

Why not?

Basically because it's murder, and the state doesn't have that right. Exactly the same reason as anywhere else.

Historically the state has always had that right.

Historically (some) states have assumed that right. Doesn't mean they "had" it.

Every murderer assumes the same right just before he murders. Same thing.
A lynch mob assumes the same right. Again, same thing.

Is locking them up the rest of their lives more humane as they are gang raped?

They're not sentenced to gang rape. That would be cruel and unusual.

You're not a fan of Federalism eh?

Why? We gave the Supreme Court the power to decide whether or not a child lives or dies.

No, they gave women control of their own bodies.

LOTR's Middle-Earth doesn't have a death penalty so the question isn't really relevant. But no, I don't think the shooter should die, he should be given a medal of honor for sending a message to the muslim world: "We've had enough of your shit and we Westerners have the ability to strike back against your diseased religion VERY hard." I've read the Quran and studied Islam in detail for the past several years now; a greater evil does not exist on this planet than Islam. The only thing this hate-ideology respects and understands is brute violence, so I think it's most constructive to deal with muslim things on their own terms their primitive brains understand.

No, in a few decades he will be worshiped as their sun god who resisted the invasion, lighted the smoke signal, but no one listened.

Like Obama did with US citizens that got killed with a drone strike?

New Zealanders may oppose the death penalty. A lifetime in solitary may be enough for them. I'd want him dead.
No, death is a way out for him. Let him spend his natural life in solitary confinement. That is punishment. Death is not punishment.

Forum List

Back