Should the Redskins change their name?

Never, although I despise anything remotely related to professional sports much less the filthy state of DC.

Defiance is a cool thing. I highly recommend it, but all these pricks see are dollars, and they'll eventually fold after the leftist dogs attack them at every angle once their MSM drives them into a drooling frenzy.

The Redskins need not change their name. The American Indians don't care about the issue, why should anyone else?

I don't think they should change their name. The Redskins have been a team in the NFL since 1932, and if the name really caused grief to the majority of native Americans it would of been changed by now.

Sure, they should change it to the Virginia Redskins since Washington is such a crap ass place. But seriously, no, they should not change their name.

From the article, "Yet, that is the primary justification for the Washington Redskins to keep a name that is clearly offensive to many Native Americans." Actually less than 10% of Native Americans find it offensive according to the only poll on the subject and to me that's not many.

Personally, I don't know why we name our sports teams after the losers but that's the what we did.

Sure, they should change it to the Virginia Redskins since Washington is such a crap ass place. But seriously, no, they should not change their name.

From the article, "Yet, that is the primary justification for the Washington Redskins to keep a name that is clearly offensive to many Native Americans." Actually less than 10% of Native Americans find it offensive according to the only poll on the subject and to me that's not many.

Personally, I don't know why we name our sports teams after the losers but that's the what we did.

Less than 10 percent according to one poll...that's one point. Another is that it shouldn't exactly matter that it is only a "few" people taking offense...it's a term that has been used in the pejorative...

Also, there seem to Indian organizations that mind, which makes me wonder exactly who was polled previously.

No I would point out most of the people I see pushing for a name change are white see Bob Costas not American Indians.

Less than 10 percent according to one poll...that's one point. Another is that it shouldn't exactly matter that it is only a "few" people taking offense...it's a term that has been used in the pejorative...

Also, there seem to Indian organizations that mind, which makes me wonder exactly who was polled previously.

I don't know anyone who walks around complaining about those redskins. It's not a pejorative at this time and anyone offended is simply trying to get his or her 15 minutes of fame.

No I would point out most of the people I see pushing for a name change are white see Bob Costas not American Indians.

riiiiiiight....expect for the Oneida Nation...unless they are secretly white too. :lol:

Is the entire Oneida Nation against it? Somehow I doubt they are either way it does not change the fact the majority of people I see on TV pushing this issue are white I suspect the majority of native Americans have far bigger concerns than the name of a sports team.

Forum List

Back