Should the Redskins change their name?

Sure, they should change it to the Virginia Redskins since Washington is such a crap ass place. But seriously, no, they should not change their name.

From the article, "Yet, that is the primary justification for the Washington Redskins to keep a name that is clearly offensive to many Native Americans." Actually less than 10% of Native Americans find it offensive according to the only poll on the subject and to me that's not many.

Personally, I don't know why we name our sports teams after the losers but that's the what we did.

Less than 10 percent according to one poll...that's one point. Another is that it shouldn't exactly matter that it is only a "few" people taking offense...it's a term that has been used in the pejorative...

Also, there seem to Indian organizations that mind, which makes me wonder exactly who was polled previously.

Professional grievance whores have lots of problems.
The biggest is lack of anything important to do.

Sure, they should change it to the Virginia Redskins since Washington is such a crap ass place. But seriously, no, they should not change their name.

From the article, "Yet, that is the primary justification for the Washington Redskins to keep a name that is clearly offensive to many Native Americans." Actually less than 10% of Native Americans find it offensive according to the only poll on the subject and to me that's not many.

Personally, I don't know why we name our sports teams after the losers but that's the what we did.

Less than 10 percent according to one poll...that's one point. Another is that it shouldn't exactly matter that it is only a "few" people taking offense...it's a term that has been used in the pejorative...

Also, there seem to Indian organizations that mind, which makes me wonder exactly who was polled previously.

When your argument falls apart, call people names....seems to be the conservative trademark!

If they were to change the name what name could they use that would not offend the hyper thin skinned P.C. out there?

Maybe they could change their name to "The Washington Metro Area Crimson-colored Hide Football Organization".

When your argument falls apart, call people names....seems to be the conservative trademark!

How about this argument, you want to change the name, buy the team and change it.

If not, mind your own business.

Better?

Yes, they should change their name. Why? Because if it is good for the goose (religions, 10 commandments, spiritual words like In God We Trust, etc etc etc) so nobody is "offended" (i.e. muslims wanting things their way, just for example), it is good for the gander as well. We have to show the same politically correct removing of potentially offensive terms for ALL.

How about this argument, you want to change the name, buy the team and change it.

If not, mind your own business.

Better?

No...doesn't really make sense. The only way to change it is to own it? As you will see, that is another example of thin reasoning.

Yes, they should change their name. Why? Because if it is good for the goose (religions, 10 commandments, spiritual words like In God We Trust, etc etc etc) so nobody is "offended" (i.e. muslims wanting things their way, just for example), it is good for the gander as well. We have to show the same politically correct removing of potentially offensive terms for ALL.

and in my opinion....they should ALL pound sand. I am sick of the politically correct shit...and everyone being offended.

and in my opinion....they should ALL pound sand. I am sick of the politically correct shit...and everyone being offended.

said the privileged white guy

If they were named the Whiteskins and had George Washington on the logo do you think Caucasians would protest?

Me thinks not!

we could always call them the DC Alcoholics.

Forum List

Back