Should the Redskins change their name?

The only people offended by the name are people like this

more_proof_elizabeth_warren_is_an_indian.jpg

she still looks like a man.

Naming a team based on a racial characteristic is, in my opinion, incredibly rude and disrespectful. I understand that some native Americans don't care one way or the other. I, myself, did not mind that our basesball team where I grew up in Atlanta was the Atlanta Crackers. On the other hand, some people do object, and I think that their objection is valid. That being said, I think that the Atlanta Braves is also borderline offensive. I would not want to change it, though, because it would probably lead to a war between those that would rename them the Atlanta Rebels and those that would rename them the Atlanta Brothers.

If the Redskins are forced to change their name because it's considered "offensive", what's next? Never mind the other sports teams that have Iindian-referenced names. What about the names of some states? What about the names of cities and counties?

If the Redskins are forced to change their name because it's considered "offensive", what's next? Never mind the other sports teams that have Iindian-referenced names. What about the names of some states? What about the names of cities and counties?

What's next?

Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is based on Choctaw Indian words which translate as red people (okla meaning "people" and humma meaning "red").

Forum List

Back