🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should the republican party move towards a Rockeffeller Republican type party?

Only once in the last six elections have Republicans lost moderates and won the Presidency. Continuously losing a large swath of the electorate who may otherwise vote for you is not a recipe for success.

A political party is a brokerage of interests, not a means test for ideological purity. The GOP doesn't have to be a political party of Northeastern patricians, but driving out "RINOs" is a losing strategy.

We have been told we need "moderates" to win in every election. And for the last several we have gone for moderates like Dole, McCain and Romney. How has that worked out?
We do not need pander and water down our message to win elections. We need to strengthen the message. People vote for those who have principle and offer a clear program, and are generally likeable guys.
Reagan was a likeable guy.
Clinton was a likeable guy, esp after he appeared on Arsenio Hall.
Obama was a likeable guy, at least until he was discovered lying to the American people.
Republicans will never win by being Dem-lite.

That's right....you must go full on conservative. No more "moderate" nominees. I say Cubenadian performance artist Cruz is your guy! :lol:

Only once in the last six elections have Republicans lost moderates and won the Presidency. Continuously losing a large swath of the electorate who may otherwise vote for you is not a recipe for success.

A political party is a brokerage of interests, not a means test for ideological purity. The GOP doesn't have to be a political party of Northeastern patricians, but driving out "RINOs" is a losing strategy.

We have been told we need "moderates" to win in every election. And for the last several we have gone for moderates like Dole, McCain and Romney. How has that worked out?
We do not need pander and water down our message to win elections. We need to strengthen the message. People vote for those who have principle and offer a clear program, and are generally likeable guys.
Obama was a likeable guy, at least until he was discovered lying to the American people.

That's right....you must go full on conservative. No more "moderate" nominees. I say Cubenadian performance artist Cruz is your guy! :lol:

Your opinion has been noted. And dismissed.

Your opinion has been noted. And dismissed.

So you don't agree that your party needs to nominate more conservative candidates? I think it's a bulky idea, don't you?

Had the main stream news reported it correctly, the citizens would have been better informed.
You know that the liberal Dems in the 70's did the exact same thing when they wanted their policies.

And they were wrong also.

No they weren't.
This is exactly why we are a Constitutional Republic, where the minority get to have their rights as well as the majority.

The TeaPs shut down the government, period. That's how Americans see it.

The minority's right were not violated. SCOTUS so opined. The law is constitutional.

And they were wrong also.

No they weren't.
This is exactly why we are a Constitutional Republic, where the minority get to have their rights as well as the majority.

The TeaPs shut down the government, period. That's how Americans see it.

The minority's right were not violated. SCOTUS so opined. The law is constitutional.

I was not talking about the ACA Law being Constitutional.
The minority in congress has just as much rights as the majority has.

I am talking about the citizens rights to have the same equal treatment under the Health care law as the businesses have, which was a one year delay. The minority in the senate had the right to negotiate over this and to get a compromise over it. Not to be shut out of the negations with the majority who said no we will not negotiate, that only businesses had the right to that delay and the rest of Americans don't.

Yup, we could all get together by some lakeside rendezvous, build a bon fire, hold hands and sing Kumbiyah.

Not gonna happen. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Trey Gowdy would lead the secession movement from the party.

if they did, i would likely join the party again and i think the party numbers would surge.

what do you guys think?

You mean telling the RW christian taliban to get bent? Far too late for that stuff.

I really hate drama queens like you.

Who did right wing christians ever behead you little piece of shit?

They didn't behead. They lynched.

4j6yxu.jpg

Last edited:

And they won't win by abandoning Republican Lite

By moving so far to the right they concede the center to Democrats. moderates have no where else to go

The bolded would seem self-evident, but apparently not.

And they won't win by abandoning Republican Lite

By moving so far to the right they concede the center to Democrats. moderates have no where else to go

How has that strategy worked out the last two elections?

I don't know about this Rockefeller shit, but we do need the Republican Party to weed out the morons. Birthers, DHS/Army/FEMA conspiracy nuts, hayseeds who unquestioningly parrot whatever line of manufactured bullshit is fed to them by hack partisan sites, etc.

I've said it many times; a conservative used to be the smartest person in the room. Nowadays, though, you can't help but wince when a self-identified right winger on the street level opens their mouth.

Another problem: We have the biggest cowards on the face of the Earth in the party leadership. They are too chickenshit to put ideas on the table. I am convinced they haven't a superior thought in a single one of their heads. They take the alarmist's way out and attack and doomsoothe the daylights out of their opponents, and this pathetic feint filters down to the Rube Chorus. They don't have the guts to propound any actual solutions and defend them.

Until the GOP finds its spine and its intellect again, we are going to be trapped in the same old stupid shit year after year after year. And the Republican primaries will be a parade of evils from which to choose. A real bag of dildos.

What is this "We have been told" crap? Don't you make up your own minds?

Stop being sheep - vote Democrat!

edit to add: you left off Dubya, the guy everyone wanted to have a beer with. You guys are desperate to make him disappear. :lol:

Last edited:

edit to add: you left off Dubya, the guy everyone wanted to have a beer with. You guys are desperate to make him disappear. :lol:

You're not the biggest fucking dunce on this site only because competition is so stiff.
yeah, Bush won over Kerry and Gore largely because he is a very likeable guy. Despite what famous Dems said about him.
So first you tell us whom to choose. Then you tell us to ignore what your'e saying.
How about shut the fuck up?
Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

You're not the biggest fucking dunce on this site only because competition is so stiff.
yeah, Bush won over Kerry and Gore largely because he is a very likeable guy. Despite what famous Dems said about him.
So first you tell us whom to choose. Then you tell us to ignore what your'e saying.

So you're not going to tell me why you vote for who "they" tell you to vote for?

So you're not going to tell me why you vote for who "they" tell you to vote for?

Trying to wrack up points in the "Biggest Dunce" category again?

I don't know about this Rockefeller shit, but we do need the Republican Party to weed out the morons. Birthers, DHS/Army/FEMA conspiracy nuts, hayseeds who unquestioningly parrot whatever line of manufactured bullshit is fed to them by hack partisan sites, etc.

I've said it many times; a conservative used to be the smartest person in the room. Nowadays, though, you can't help but wince when a self-identified right winger on the street level opens their mouth.

Another problem: We have the biggest cowards on the face of the Earth in the party leadership. They are too chickenshit to put ideas on the table. I am convinced they haven't a superior thought in a single one of their heads. They take the alarmist's way out and attack and doomsoothe the daylights out of their opponents, and this pathetic feint filters down to the Rube Chorus. They don't have the guts to propound any actual solutions and defend them.

Until the GOP finds its spine and its intellect again, we are going to be trapped in the same old stupid shit year after year after year. And the Republican primaries will be a parade of evils from which to choose. A real bag of dildos.

Spot on.

The Republican Party can be conservative and win, but there is so much batshit crazy, ie birfers, it scares off the moderates.

William Buckley would be horrified if he saw the party today.

if they did, i would likely join the party again and i think the party numbers would surge.

what do you guys think?

HUH?

They did back in 1935 when the Republican Party surrender caucus was created.

They are also known as "compassionate conservatives".

Spot on.

The Republican Party can be conservative and win, but there is so much batshit crazy, ie birfers, it scares off the moderates.

Bullshit.
The GOP always had a fringe element. At one time it was the John Birchers. The media play up the fringes to create a certain impression. In the past how many people ever heard what the GOP chairman of Shinola Co. Illinois thought?
The Dems are equally burdened with fringes. But in their case the fringe nutcases run the party.

Spot on.

Bullshit.
The GOP always had a fringe element. At one time it was the John Birchers. The media play up the fringes to create a certain impression. In the past how many people ever heard what the GOP chairman of Shinola Co. Illinois thought?
The Dems are equally burdened with fringes. But in their case the fringe nutcases run the party.

Fox News semi-regularly had birfers on their network spouting their insane bullshit. That was Trump's biggest shtick when he was polling second in the primaries. Upwards of 40% of Republican primary voters thought the same. You have Congressmen going on television refusing to condemn this batshit crazy notion because so many of their constituents believe it.

No. Sorry. The Republican Party needs a Sister Souljah moment.

The best thing going for the Republican Party right now is that the Democrats are incompetent. But scaring away minorities and moderates is a really bad election strategy. There aren't enough conservative white people to continuously win Presidential elections.

Forum List

Back