Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Getting your crews to get their fitness certificate? Lol! Still paying your employees twice the rate of every other company and selling for less than your competitors and raking in a higher profit margin? Lol!

A Certificate of Fitness (their name for it) is required by my insurance company prior to any and all sub-contractors entering the work site. It includes business licenses, permits, insurance, surety bonds, and workers status.

I pay my employees twice the rate because the profit is so high. I spread the wealth, not pocket it.

I make a higher profit than my competitors because I'm smarter than they are. Plus, I fix what they screw up at three times or more of the contract rate.

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. Anyone who paid his workers twice the going rate would go bankrupt. How can you pay them twice the market rate if your company doesn't earn twice the market rate?
did you miss the one about a company ceo taking a pay cut but giving his employees a pay raise to the company minimum of $70k?
You mean the company that is now going to file for bankruptcy?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Getting your crews to get their fitness certificate? Lol! Still paying your employees twice the rate of every other company and selling for less than your competitors and raking in a higher profit margin? Lol!

A Certificate of Fitness (their name for it) is required by my insurance company prior to any and all sub-contractors entering the work site. It includes business licenses, permits, insurance, surety bonds, and workers status.

I pay my employees twice the rate because the profit is so high. I spread the wealth, not pocket it.

I make a higher profit than my competitors because I'm smarter than they are. Plus, I fix what they screw up at three times or more of the contract rate.

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. Anyone who paid his workers twice the going rate would go bankrupt. How can you pay them twice the market rate if your company doesn't earn twice the market rate?
did you miss the one about a company ceo taking a pay cut but giving his employees a pay raise to the company minimum of $70k?

Did you miss the follow up?
It didn't work out so well.

You mean the company that is now going to file for bankruptcy?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
nope; the ceo became less capitalist and took a pay cut.

because the business model didn't hold or due to "class envy"?

Because it was a stupid idea.

Sure , raise the tax rate to 90% then you know what those 1% will do? Why they will stop earning of course.

Think the Waltons need to keep Wal Mart open to eat? Of course not, they could close every store in the company tomorrow and it wouldn't affect them at all.

The workers , however............

first of all, I doubt if they would close them out of spite. second if they did, someone would buy it up on the cheap and open them right back up again, or gladly soak up the business that was going there.

keep hearing people say no one should pay a 80%, 90% rate. THAT is a MARGINAL rate, the rich pay no more than anyone else on their first dollars.....someone making $40000 and a millionaire pay the same rate on that first $40000 (depending slightly on standard deductions etc.)

Last edited:
Do not let anyone who wails about "fair share", or "pay more", or any other nebulous term get away with it. Always insist that they quantify it. What exactly is a "fair share"? Exactly how much more should they be forced to pay?

incomeinequality.gif

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

CBPP2.png

lede_3723_%28wasnt%29.jpg

lede_3723_%28pluto%29.jpg

Income-Inequality02.jpg
So, what's your number? You do realize, don't you, that you perfectly illustrate my point? You're yelling that they need to pay more. Okay, how much more? What figure would satisfy your envy?

Envy huh? lol

Weird how the "job creators" pre Reaganomics loved our nation enough to pay enough of a tax "burden' that we not only built the best infrastructure in the world, but had almost no debt, THEN we decided this Punishing" the "job creators" was somehow not only unfair, but held our economy back? lol

AGAIN, LETS GO BACK TO THE TAX RATES WHERE THE TOP 1/10TH OF 1% OF US PAID 50%-70% (EFFECTIVE) FROM 1932-1980?
Okay, so, since that won't do anything to the Obama deficit, what, beyond spite, will be accomplished by doing so? And what will you do when they avoid paying a lot of taxes and are still rich? Demand more?

Top 1% are taxed at 23% EFFECTIVE rates. Go to 46% and the deficit IS wiped out Bubs

AND still leaves them VASTLY wealthy. Weird right Bubs?

AGI ($ millions)

Top 1% income $1,976,738 (trillion)

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

Sanders.jpg

I cant remember the exact figures.......but I once calculated out that if the top 20% paid something like 5% more...........and if we remained revenue neutral,...........then the bottom 80% would have to pay NOTHING.

but of course I guess I'm and old school conservative in some ways cause I think deficits and debt matter and I would want that paid down rather than continue to grow.

Last edited:

nothing but diversion? why was it stupid.

Did you miss the story where is sorry he did that, it has created lots of issues within the company and some of his best people have left. You the company where the owner still owes his brother some money and isn't able to pay up. The company where employees are now not motivated to work harder. The company where the people with a low skill set are not living up to expectations? That company?

Last edited:

So you believe it is a good decision? Why?

Did you miss the story where is sorry he did that, it has created lots of issues within the company and some of his best people have left. You the company where the owner still owes his brother some money and isn't able to pay up. The company where employees are now not motivated to work harder. The company where the people with a low skill set are not living up to expectations? That company?
structural unemployment happens; why wouldn't the remaining and loyal labor not "work up to their income"?

i am not claiming any subjective value of morals, one way or the other.

it is merely anecdotal evidence that supports the contention of some on the left, that there is a lot of room to work with regarding more efficient income distribution via public policy schemes.

structural unemployment happens; why wouldn't the remaining and loyal labor not "work up to their income"?

Work up to their income? Not sure what that means.

it is merely anecdotal evidence that supports the contention of some on the left, that there is a lot of room to work with regarding more efficient income distribution via public policy schemes.

But it is failing, it isn't a good idea if it fails.

let's say it should be analogous to working "efficiently" for that "efficiency" wage.

why did senior management, sign off on it to begin with, if it had no chance of success?

The issue is one percenter claims to pay his employees twice the wages of his competitors, charges his customers less than his competitors and has a wider profit margin than his competitors. There are fixed costs in every business. So, if you are paying employees more, charging customers less. His profit margin can't be twice the average. He can't explain it , never has. His story is bogus.

why did senior management, sign off on it to begin with, if it had no chance of success?

I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.

let's say it should be analogous to working "efficiently" for that "efficiency" wage.

Still doesn't make sense. Wages are wages, how does one work up to wages? You get what you get.

Still doesn't make sense. Wages are wages, how does one work up to wages? You get what you get.
It involves the concept of efficiency wages in much the same manner as a tip helps ensure promptness in any given transaction.

Forum List

Back