Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Reagan must have been the most powerful man to have ever lived.

The guy served only eight years in office, I don't think the GOP held majority in either the House or Senate however this guy got every policy he ever wanted passed and after 27 years not one Democrat, even when they held the House and Senate, can't undo a damn thing he did to ruin the country. Are Democrats this clueless or what? Even under Obama the rich are getting richer! Neither he nor Clinton are capable of changing the direction. Reagan was superhuman!

The Republicans held the Senate from 1981-1987.

The guy served only eight years in office, I don't think the GOP held majority in either the House or Senate however this guy got every policy he ever wanted passed and after 27 years not one Democrat, even when they held the House and Senate, can't undo a damn thing he did to ruin the country. Are Democrats this clueless or what? Even under Obama the rich are getting richer! Neither he nor Clinton are capable of changing the direction. Reagan was superhuman!

Weird, GOP Senate for 6 years under Ronnie? AND Dems were working with the guy ELECTED to run Gov't? Unlike todays GOP ()or even the GOP under BJ Bill)

Don't understand how policy works huh? I'm NOT surprised'

Sure, we had EFFECTIVE rates 3 times today's rates 1932-1980, did they stop creating wealth? lol

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

AMAZING THE RIGHT SUCKS OFF THE PLUTOCRAT CLASS!

NO ONE should pay a 80% tax rate, that's just stupid.

You mean like when John Paulson gamed the system and "made" $4.7 billion in 2007? Oh wait, he didn't pay 80%, it was 15%

How Goldman secretly bet on the U.S. housing crash

You mean like when John Paulson gamed the system and "made" $4.7 billion in 2007?

He didn't game the system, comrade.
not only did he not game the system, he still paid more than most people will make in a lifetime.
I think that is far more than his fair share.
Now, back to the question that nobody can answer.
what is it that gives anyone the right to someone else s money.
isn't that really what the left is worried about, what they want? they want someones earned income redistributed to them.

John Paulson should be rotting in prison

John Paulson and the Greatest Pump and Short Fraud Ever

By now, everybody knows that the market for collateralized debt obligations was riddled with fraud in the lead-up to the financial crisis. What is less known is the fact that hedge fund managers helped create and inflate the market for these toxic securities specifically so that they could bet against them and profit from the inevitable collapse.

An example of a particularly sordid scheme, orchestrated by hedge fund billionaire John Paulson, was discovered some time ago by David Fiderer, a blogger for the Huffington Post. The information in Fiderer’s blog is rather incriminating, and, of course, the mainstream media is not on the case, so I think it bears repeating.

In a close reading of Wall Street Journal Gregory Zuckerman’s book, “The Greatest Trade Ever”, an otherwise starry-eyed account of Paulson’s bets against the mortgage market, Fiderer discovered this nugget:

“Paulson and [partner Paolo Pellegrini] were eager to find ways to expand their wager against risky mortgages. Accumulating it in the market sometimes proved to be a slow process. So they made appointments with bankers at Bear Stearns, Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), and other banks to ask if they would create CDOs that Paulson & Co. could essentially bet against.”

As Fiderer explains, Paulson asked the banks to create those CDOs “so that they could be sold to some suckers at close to par. That way, Paulson’s hedge fund could approach some other sucker who would sell an insurance policy, or credit default swap, on the newly minted CDOs. Bear, Deutsche and Goldman knew perfectly well what Paulson’s motivation was. He made no secret of his belief that the CDOs subordinate claims on the mortgage collateral were close to worthless. By the time others have figured out the fatal flaws in these securities which had been ignored by the rating agencies, Paulson could collect up to $5 billion.

Paulson not only initiated these transactions, he also specified the terms he wanted, identifying which mortgages would be stuffed into the CDOs, and how the CDOs should be structured. Within the overall framework set by Paulson’s team, banks and investors were allowed to do some minor tweaking.”

It is not clear which banks ultimately participated in Paulson’s scam, but Fiderer quotes Bear Stearns trader Scott Eichel as saying that his bank refused. “It didn’t pass the ethics standards;” Eichel said, “it was a reputation issue and it didn’t pass our moral compass. We didn’t think we could sell deals that someone was shorting on the other side.” Bear Stearns’ moral compass was usually pointed towards the darker regions, but perhaps this is why Paulson subsequently became one of the more eager short sellers of Bear Stearns’ stock.

“it was a reputation issue and it didn’t pass our moral compass. We didn’t think we could sell deals that someone was shorting on the other side.”

Ummm, when you create a synthetic security, someone must be short the security your client buys.

My bad, Reagan is just so powerful! The Democrats are powerless to stop him, even though he is dead.

not only did he not game the system, he still paid more than most people will make in a lifetime.
isn't that really what the left is worried about, what they want? they want someones earned income redistributed to them.

I can guarantee that he paid less tax/percentage of income than you did.

My bad, Reagan is just so powerful! The Democrats are powerless to stop him, even though he is dead.
138f0b8d5bd8f7e72cfbff710bd8b5c1.jpg

percentage? most likely, but I did get mine pretty low.
however, I bet he still paid more than I made in my life so far. I dont feel cheated by him or his tax paid.

percentage? most likely, but I did get mine pretty low.
however, I bet he still paid more than I made in my life so far. I dont feel cheated by him or his tax paid.

Yeah, but like the majority of FARRR right wingers, you are a sociopath!

I have one question which is impossible for you to answer:

How would you undo the deregulation of the HMO act which eliminated real competition in the healthcare insurance industry?

138f0b8d5bd8f7e72cfbff710bd8b5c1.jpg

Poor helpless Democrats, powerless.

I have one question which is impossible for you to answer:

How would you undo the deregulation of the HMO act which eliminated real competition in the healthcare insurance industry?

Getting your crews to get their fitness certificate? Lol! Still paying your employees twice the rate of every other company and selling for less than your competitors and raking in a higher profit margin? Lol!

Getting your crews to get their fitness certificate? Lol! Still paying your employees twice the rate of every other company and selling for less than your competitors and raking in a higher profit margin? Lol!

A Certificate of Fitness (their name for it) is required by my insurance company prior to any and all sub-contractors entering the work site. It includes business licenses, permits, insurance, surety bonds, and workers status.

I pay my employees twice the rate because the profit is so high. I spread the wealth, not pocket it.

I make a higher profit than my competitors because I'm smarter than they are. Plus, I fix what they screw up at three times or more of the contract rate.

OK smartass, answer the question;

Sure , raise the tax rate to 90% then you know what those 1% will do? Why they will stop earning of course.

Think the Waltons need to keep Wal Mart open to eat? Of course not, they could close every store in the company tomorrow and it wouldn't affect them at all.

The workers , however............

Sure, we had EFFECTIVE rates 3 times today's rates 1932-1980, did they stop creating wealth? lol

AMAZING THE RIGHT SUCKS OFF THE PLUTOCRAT CLASS!

NO ONE should pay a 80% tax rate, that's just stupid.

You mean like when John Paulson gamed the system and "made" $4.7 billion in 2007? Oh wait, he didn't pay 80%, it was 15%

How Goldman secretly bet on the U.S. housing crash

You mean like when John Paulson gamed the system and "made" $4.7 billion in 2007?

He didn't game the system, comrade.

In the Liberal Dictionary "gaming the system" means following the rules.

A Certificate of Fitness (their name for it) is required by my insurance company prior to any and all sub-contractors entering the work site. It includes business licenses, permits, insurance, surety bonds, and workers status.

I pay my employees twice the rate because the profit is so high. I spread the wealth, not pocket it.

I make a higher profit than my competitors because I'm smarter than they are. Plus, I fix what they screw up at three times or more of the contract rate.

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. Anyone who paid his workers twice the going rate would go bankrupt. How can you pay them twice the market rate if your company doesn't earn twice the market rate?

Certificate applies to the NYFD sorry!

The rest of your rant is BS! You are talking out your ass once again.

A "Certificate of Fitness" is issued by the fire department and says your building is in compliance with fire safety codes. It has nothing to do with business licenses, worker status or anything else that bears no relation to fire safety.

You're obviously a lying piece of shit.

Do not let anyone who wails about "fair share", or "pay more", or any other nebulous term get away with it. Always insist that they quantify it. What exactly is a "fair share"? Exactly how much more should they be forced to pay?

incomeinequality.gif

CBPP2.png

lede_3723_%28wasnt%29.jpg

lede_3723_%28pluto%29.jpg

Income-Inequality02.jpg
So, what's your number? You do realize, don't you, that you perfectly illustrate my point? You're yelling that they need to pay more. Okay, how much more? What figure would satisfy your envy?

Envy huh? lol

Weird how the "job creators" pre Reaganomics loved our nation enough to pay enough of a tax "burden' that we not only built the best infrastructure in the world, but had almost no debt, THEN we decided this Punishing" the "job creators" was somehow not only unfair, but held our economy back? lol

AGAIN, LETS GO BACK TO THE TAX RATES WHERE THE TOP 1/10TH OF 1% OF US PAID 50%-70% (EFFECTIVE) FROM 1932-1980?
Okay, so, since that won't do anything to the Obama deficit, what, beyond spite, will be accomplished by doing so? And what will you do when they avoid paying a lot of taxes and are still rich? Demand more?

Top 1% are taxed at 23% EFFECTIVE rates. Go to 46% and the deficit IS wiped out Bubs

AND still leaves them VASTLY wealthy. Weird right Bubs?

AGI ($ millions)

Top 1% income $1,976,738 (trillion)

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data

Sanders.jpg
You are proof liberals are stupid

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. Anyone who paid his workers twice the going rate would go bankrupt. How can you pay them twice the market rate if your company doesn't earn twice the market rate?
did you miss the one about a company ceo taking a pay cut but giving his employees a pay raise to the company minimum of $70k?

Forum List

Back