Should the Social Security and Medicare Age be Raised

When that happened ... Did you think it was the Federal Government showing concern towards whether or not you survive and prosper ...
Or their further attempt to shackle you to a negative return on your investments if at all possible?

No, they were just making Social Security solvent
Just like they need to do today

If you are under 35, the age goes to 70
35-45 the age goes to 69
45-55 the age goes to 68
55 and older, it stays as is

No, they were just making Social Security solvent

If they weren't trying to achieve a greater negative return then they wouldn't have done it.
The reason they keep kicking the can up the road is not to give you a better return ... And never will be ... :thup:

The only excuse you could come up with was keeping a shitty failing program "solvent" ...
The topic of the tread is whether or not people should get less of a return, to finance failures in keeping the program solvent ...
Which they failed to do last time they kicked the can down the road ... Obviously.

Keeping in mind that these people also want Single Payer Healthcare ...
Folks should be getting the picture the Federal Government would rather see them die than ever get a decent return on their investments.

Last edited:

If they weren't trying to achieve a greater negative return then they wouldn't have done it.
The reason they keep kicking the can up the road is not to give you a better return ... And never will be ... :thup:

Just trying to make Social Security solvent

They need phased increases to 70
They need to make all income subject to taxation

Yeah ... Take more of someone's money and that will give them a better return.

You cannot hide behind that bullshit anymore.
It's about time you get rid of your donkey cart instead of trying harder to pimp it out..

Yeah ... Take more of someone's money and that will give them a better return.

You cannot hide behind that bullshit anymore.
It's about time you get rid of your donkey cart instead of trying harder to pimp it out..

Umm..yes
That is the idea behind getting solvent

More money coming in to the system

Umm..yes
That is the idea behind getting solvent

More money coming in to the system

It didn't remain solvent last time, and it won't this time either ...
You'll just kick the can farther down the road for the people who are supposed to benefit from the investment.
You just want to keep screwing everyone and pretend it is humane.

I am not interested in better financing failure.
Try selling that bullshit to someone else.

Last edited:
Just trying to make Social Security solvent

They need phased increases to 70
They may raise the income level up to take more in social security taxes. But it won't be all income. That would be confiscatory level.

.Keep the payroll taxes in place for the next 40 years and end the benefits for anyone 30 years old or younger.
Pay that bill now and get it off the table.
If States want to come up with their own Senior Benefits and Healthcare Assistance ...
They are more than welcome to.​
So if you're 30 or younger you pay into SS for 40-years and then when you're 65 you don't get any benefit? Or if anyone 30 or younger doesn't pay in for the next 40-years, SS goes bankrupt.
SS worked fine for 70 years, it needs a few fixes to get past the baby boomers, no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. SS is fixable if the DC morons did their jobs.

They may raise the income level up to take more in social security taxes. But it won't be all income. That would be confiscatory level.
7 percent is not confiscatory

It is a burden if you make $20,000 a year, not if you make $2 million a year

Democrats are actually proposing a fix for SS!!
Thanks for that link. I like the proposed fixes and will write my congressman and senators to ask them to support it. But it hasn't been introduced yet, its just being discussed. I hope the dems do put it up for a vote. I'm sure the GOP won't want an issue that alienates seniors in 2022 and 2024.

Thanks for that link. I like the proposed fixes and will write my congressman and senators to ask them to support it. But it hasn't been introduced yet, its just being discussed. I hope the dems do put it up for a vote. I'm sure the GOP won't want an issue that alienates seniors in 2022 and 2024.
Proposed fixes will not affect seniors
They have already qualified

Changes will affect those in their 30s and 40s who will retire in 30 years

So if you're 30 or younger you pay into SS for 40-years and then when you're 65 you don't get any benefit? Or if anyone 30 or younger doesn't pay in for the next 40-years, SS goes bankrupt.
SS worked fine for 70 years, it needs a few fixes to get past the baby boomers, no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. SS is fixable if the DC morons did their jobs.

Yes ... And it requires everyone to pay for the next 40 years ... Instead of those on Social Security and over the age of the 30 going bankrupt.
It's like a mortgage on your house without actually getting to keep or sell the house afterwards.

Pay the bill and get off the table ... Don't make your grandchildren inherit more failure.
Don't take economic or policy advice... Or expect responsible behavior ...
From people who cannot even balance a checkbook.

They promise you everything ... And give you a shit sandwich.
Pay the bill over the next 40 years and get done with it ... :thup:

If people under 30 don't like it ...
Maybe they will finally understand what investing in the Federal Government ...
Expecting positive results from sanctioned failure, irresponsible spending ...
And ensured incremental decline means.

Last edited:
They won't care.

If this issue really is something you care about you'll need to vote more Dems in

Forum List

Back