Should the Social Security and Medicare Age be Raised

Proposed fixes will not affect seniors
They have already qualified
Changes will affect those in their 30s and 40s who will retire in 30 years
Very true, the proposed fixes don't affect seniors.
No action affects seniors, when SS goes insolvent.
The dems should put it up for a vote or the GOP will need to fix it after 2023.

They won't care.
If this issue really is something you care about you'll need to vote more Dems in
I still say no one wants to step in front of fixing SS & Medicare.
The battle will be how to compromise to fix them.

Republicans have been kicking at it for years...trying to "set the stage" to get rid of it.

Republicans on Capitol Hill aren't trying to do anything ...
More empty pie in the sky promises from do-nothing gasbags.

7 percent is not confiscatory

It is a burden if you make $20,000 a year, not if you make $2 million a year
Progs could do it now. Do it. There are many Progs who say they will pay more. But it never happens. When it comes to survival, I care not for any of those Progs who live off being the defenders of the realm. Psaki is nothing. A spoiled shrew who would be raped and discarded by the impoverished and gangs that are a growing in our nation with number of ghettos she is responsible for by her beliefs. She lies every day and was given a sweetheart deal in her job when it started.

The topic of the thread is about Raising the Age of Eligibility ...
And not maintaining the existing benefits.

You cannot do them both ...
Because one negates the other.

That appears to present a false dilemma fallacy implying there are only two solutions: raise age or lower benefits.

This is untrue. There is are other options including: Maintain the current rates and increase the cap (SS), and Increase the rates (both).

WW

What are the lotto number for this weekend while you are at it?

In your case, they are all zeroes.

Voters are aware how much this raising of the retirement age will affect their retirement. Are you blind, or need glasses to see that this will not happen without the Congress critters being primaried in their next election?

I'll expect the same results out of those numbers as I do out of anything you have to offer ...
Which is pretty much nothing but a waste of money.

We all notice that you didn't reply to my entire post. What's wrong? Don't have the intelligence to respond?

We all notice that you didn't reply to my entire post. What's wrong? Don't have the intelligence to respond?

The State I live in added a Balanced Budget Amendment to our State Constitution.
That means they cannot spend money they don't have.

A lot of State legislators kept getting fired ...
It wasn't the ones cutting programs and reducing spending ...
It was the fuckers that thought they could keep raising taxes and wasting our money that had trouble staying elected ... :thup:

The State I live in added a Balanced Budget Amendment to our State Constitution.
That means they cannot spend money they don't have.

A lot of State legislators kept getting fired ...
It wasn't the ones cutting programs and reducing spending ...
It was the fuckers that thought they could keep raising taxes and wasting our money that had trouble staying elected ... :thup:

Did you know almost every state has that same requirement?

You still haven't figured out how to fix the alignment of your posts?

That appears to present a false dilemma fallacy implying there are only two solutions: raise age or lower benefits.

This is untrue. There is are other options including: Maintain the current rates and increase the cap (SS), and Increase the rates (both).

WW

That's not the Topic of the thread and I am not interested in that idea either.
Thanks Anyway.

Forum List

Back