Should Trump Insist on his Constitutional Right to Speedy Trials?

71 felony counts.( so far). Most of which carry mandatory minimums.
You can hope for your fantasy but you best prepare for your worst nightmare at the same time.

I'll be just fine.

It's you limp wristed imbeciles who are so obsessed with the guy.

Besides, a little gut feeling tells me you're going to be the one stuck in a nightmare.

Can you prove they lied? No you can't. But go ahead and try.
Do I have to quote their telling the senate they believed in stare decisis and of legal precedents. And Barret and Kavanaugh specifically said, in absolutely clear terms that they had no intent to overturn Roe v Wade.

They were created by the Executive Branch, and that's where the rules were fostered.

They are not Constitutionally sanctioned in any way, shape or form.
Let's look at their constitutional sanction. It's straight out of the constitutional powers of the executive. No different than having a department of state, which is not specifically sanctioned in the constitution, but is clearly within it's powers.

Do I have to quote their telling the senate they believed in stare decisis and of legal precedents. And Barret and Kavanaugh specifically said, in absolutely clear terms that they had no intent to overturn Roe v Wade.
When a case comes before them they have no choice to rule on it using the knowledge they have that got them appointed. They did not expect it to happen but decided correctly.

Let's look at their constitutional sanction. It's straight out of the constitutional powers of the executive. No different than having a department of state, which is not specifically sanctioned in the constitution, but is clearly within it's powers.

Yes, not arguing with that.

And what the Executive Branch giveth, the Executive Branch taketh away.

Here endeth the lesson.

You bought the ridiculous media spin that the DOJ pushed for an early trial date in December.

They asked for a delay until December, not being ready as they promised the grand jury to get the indictment.
Media spin? You meant your ridiculous spin.
Smith filed a motion to give the defense time to get their security clearances so they could review the evidence. You know. The kind that is public record. Derp…
Smith is giving the Trump team deference so they can’t claim otherwise.

Federal trials can easily be dragged out for a long time of course.

The Liberal who shot up the Pittsburgh synagogue is on trial now in federal court and the alleged crime happened 5 years ago.
But Grifty has a date- mid May. Right about the time he should be on the campaign trail every day

When a case comes before them they have no choice to rule on it using the knowledge they have that got them appointed. They did not expect it to happen but decided correctly.
Do I have to point out, they said they had no intent to overturn Roe V Wade, and believe it as a precedent, and believe in stare decicis.

All three of which they lied about, in order to overturn Roe v Wade which was passed 7-2 and overturned 5-4

Do I have to point out, they said they had no intent to overturn Roe V Wade, and believe it as a precedent, and believe in stare decicis.

All three of which they lied about, in order to overturn Roe v Wade which was passed 7-2 and overturned 5-4
Sorry that does not cut it. They did their job. No one cares who likes it or not.

They lied to the senate in order to get that job

I don't think so.

None of the Anti-Life senators in the chamber believed that these 3 justices would sustain Roe, and none of them voted for their confirmation.

If it was a "lie", it was an impotent one, as it didn't sway a single vote.

They lied to the senate in order to get that job
I don't think so.

None of the Anti-Life senators in the chamber believed that these 3 justices would sustain Roe, and none of them voted for their confirmation.

If it was a "lie", it was an impotent one, as it didn't sway a single vote.

wrong

Senator Susan Collins of Maine pressed him hard on why she should trust him not to overturn Roe v. Wade if she backed his confirmation.

Judge Kavanaugh worked vigorously to reassure her that he was no threat to the landmark abortion rights ruling.

“Start with my record, my respect for precedent, my belief that it is rooted in the Constitution, and my commitment and its importance to the rule of law,” he said, according to contemporaneous notes kept by multiple staff members in the meeting. “I understand precedent and I understand the importance of overturning it.”

“Roe is 45 years old, it has been reaffirmed many times, lots of people care about it a great deal, and I’ve tried to demonstrate I understand real-world consequences,”

Mr. Manchin, the only Democrat to vote for Justice Kavanaugh,

“I trusted Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh when they testified under oath that they also believed Roe v. Wade was settled legal precedent

President Trump probably wants to have this dragged out through the election. The Fake Trials are sucking all of the oxygen out of the room for other candidates, making everyone else irrelevant.
All the evidence that will be exposed will certainly keep the Loser in the spotlight where he loves to be.

Let me recap settled precedent.

Roe v Wade was decided 7-2
Roe v Wade was overturned 5-4

Forum List

Back