Should voting be an ever-changing obstacle course?

Should voting be an ever-changing obstacle course?

• Total voters
Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? I feel sorry for many voters who continue to face an ever-changing obstacle course just to cast their ballots. Republicans don't want to even have a debate on voting rights. What do you think?

Alabama has voter ID laws and had record turn out for the 2018 midterm election. . Why do you loons keep implying that certain segments of the population are to stupid to obtain ID's ?
They don’t give a crap about people getting ID’s. It’s harder than fuck to get dead and nonexistent people ID’s and to the polls though. That is their concern.
Looks like your fellow blobber found a way around it:

So why would they send her a ballot if she disappeared in May?

Why would a Trump supporter cast a ballot for his dead wife?

Why would 19 non-citizens vote in NC? People do stupid shit.

Especially Trump supporters....some still think he won the election.

That would be irrelevant at this point.

Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? I feel sorry for many voters who continue to face an ever-changing obstacle course just to cast their ballots. Republicans don't want to even have a debate on voting rights. What do you think?

We need to standardize the election rules across the nation. If there is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats....it seems like this would be the one that they would end the filibuster to get to.

That being said... almost anyone who is still bitching about not being able to vote is simply lying. You can vote. Its 80X harder than it should be but you can make it to the polls and you can get the appropriate ID to vote. To me, that was one of the sadder things about the out-sized participation in the 2020 election. I call it "participation" instead of turnout because if a lot of these democrats and even some republicans had to leave their house to cast a vote, that would be an insurmountable obstacle for them. It exposed just how cheap the right to vote is to some people. You don't value it enough to go out and take part in the system--let alone in off year elections--but if they make it fall-off-a-log-easy...they're all in.

Voting should be "fall-off-a-log-easy". But it's not for many eligible American voters.

I agree.

But my point is simply this:

Anyone saying they can't vote--or almost anyone--is simply lying.

Can you register? Yes.
Can you get to the polls on election day? Almost certainly
Is there early voting options available? Almost certainly
Can you acquire the appropriate ID? Yes.

Will your vote count? Hope so. That is the real danger.

It's more a matter of difficulty than can't. And there is great difficulty for many eligible American voters. Republicans know they can't just STOP certain people from voting - so they just make it extraordinarily difficult. It's called "voter suppression".

That....I will agree with.

If you really want to vote; you can. That is my point.

Yeah, but why should it be worse than going to a dentist for a root canal for many eligible American voters?

It takes weeks to get a root canal you silly person.

Voter ID laws ensure that legal people vote.

Those are the only kind that should.

Alabama has voter ID laws and had record turn out for the 2018 midterm election. . Why do you loons keep implying that certain segments of the population are to stupid to obtain ID's ?
They don’t give a crap about people getting ID’s. It’s harder than fuck to get dead and nonexistent people ID’s and to the polls though. That is their concern.
Looks like your fellow blobber found a way around it:

So why would they send her a ballot if she disappeared in May?

Why would a Trump supporter cast a ballot for his dead wife?

Why would 19 non-citizens vote in NC? People do stupid shit.

Especially Trump supporters....some still think he won the election.

That would be irrelevant at this point.

Truth. Trump lost and isn't going to matter.

Shut down the country so dupes can go and vote for hand-picked Psychopath A or hand-picked Psychopath B?
Other countries manage to do it on a weekend or something like that. But I can tell it's not like you're happy to suppress the working class vote. Heavens forfend.
As screwed up as other countries may be, nothing compares to the complete fraud of our political system. The two criminal parties not only suppress the working man, but actively work to destroy the working man & woman, especially those of color. Heaven shrugs.

Make it a national holiday. Everyone gets the day off. Provide bussing free of charge to polls. This is a start. Only a start.

I don't think you really thought that through. What about hospital workers and first responders? Grocery store workers and long haul truck drivers? Should the whole economy come to a stand still for a full day?

The entire process is a criminal farce.

Shut down the country so dupes can go and vote for hand-picked Psychopath A or hand-picked Psychopath B?

No thanks.

Great, stay the fuck home. But don't bitch about what you get.

I'll bitch 6 days a week & twice as much on Sunday. :)

Our political system is a criminal lottery in which two monstrosities no one in their right mind would choose to support are trotted out by the sociopaths who selected them.

A grotesque farce of staggering magnitude.

Anyone who is too stupid to follow the rules has no right to vote in the first place. Furthermore there is no right to vote as voting is a privilege

Duh, it depends on who makes the rules and who they're designed to keep from voting.
LOL you would pick up and pay the people luting the Walmart on voting day to make sure that your communist candidate got their vote. This is not legal

Anyone who is too stupid to follow the rules has no right to vote in the first place. Furthermore there is no right to vote as voting is a privilege

Duh, it depends on who makes the rules and who they're designed to keep from voting.

If you follow the rules how does it keep you from voting?

Again because the retards luting Walmart are very rule challenged

Y do U h8 lutes?

Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? What do you think?
Just get a fucking ID and go IN PERSON to the polling place! What's so tough about that?
I can't get off work.

I can't get a ride and the closest polling place is ten miles away.

How do you get to work?

I'm retired.
Or I'm close enough to walk.
Or my friend works the same place and gives me a ride.

So all you have is bullshit. GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn you're stupid. Can you not see I'm pointing out the issues and not talking about myself specifically?

Y do U h8 lutes?
Ebonics is not my strong point

I don't think anyone on welfare should be allowed to vote.

I also like the Starship Trooper model - "Service Guarantees Citizenship".

However, the best model is what our Founding Fathers had. Only White Men.

I have yet to be shown how anyone was prevented from voting.

IMO it's always been easy. In my county you can cast your vote at fire stations, the town hall and even some high school gymnasiums.

I don't think these people who say that voting is difficult will be happy until there is a ballot box permanently installed at the end of each and every driveway

Y do U h8 lutes?
Nevermind

Y do U h8 lutes?
Ebonics is not my strong point
I beg to differ!

I don't think anyone on welfare should be allowed to vote.

I also like the Starship Trooper model - "Service Guarantees Citizenship".

However, the best model is what our Founding Fathers had. Only White Men.
How Un-american of you.

Republicans can't win unless they can suppress the vote and turn out their base.

Hell, with only about 40% of voters voting for them they are able to have just short of 50% representation is the House (thanks to gerymandering) and a 50/50 split in the Senate.

For Dems to win they need the kind of landslide that brought Biden to the Oval Office. They need Dem voters to turn out in strength for mid term election like in 2018 and even off off year elections so that state legislatures don't go crazy Republican like happened in Michigan and PA.

Last edited:
I have yet to be shown how anyone was prevented from voting.
Tens of thousands have been removed "in error" from voter rolls and only found ot on election day

More importantly , is the DIFFICULTY of voting. The harder it is to vote, the easier it is to win election with fewer but more committed voters...and Republicans ARE committed. They are driven by fear and have been for decades and fear is a powerful motivator.

Make no mistake...this culture wars thing is all about fear...as is pretty much everything Republicans talk about

It is unAmerican to embrace the voting model that our Founding Fathers adopted??? LOL!
You DO realize that they lived in a racist slave state economy that we have moved on from right? I know...you have not moved on but yea...the nation HAS.

Forum List

Back