Should voting be an ever-changing obstacle course?

Should voting be an ever-changing obstacle course?

• Total voters
Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? What do you think?
Just get a fucking ID and go IN PERSON to the polling place! What's so tough about that?
I can't get off work.

I can't get a ride and the closest polling place is ten miles away.

How do you get to work?

Crapitus doesn't work. It's a leech

Are you seriously saying it lied when it said it couldn't get off work?

Yup. Look at it. It's too stupid to wipe It's own ass, you really think it could hold down a job?

Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? I feel sorry for many voters who continue to face an ever-changing obstacle course just to cast their ballots. Republicans don't want to even have a debate on voting rights. What do you think?

We need to standardize the election rules across the nation. If there is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats....it seems like this would be the one that they would end the filibuster to get to.

That being said... almost anyone who is still bitching about not being able to vote is simply lying. You can vote. Its 80X harder than it should be but you can make it to the polls and you can get the appropriate ID to vote. To me, that was one of the sadder things about the out-sized participation in the 2020 election. I call it "participation" instead of turnout because if a lot of these democrats and even some republicans had to leave their house to cast a vote, that would be an insurmountable obstacle for them. It exposed just how cheap the right to vote is to some people. You don't value it enough to go out and take part in the system--let alone in off year elections--but if they make it fall-off-a-log-easy...they're all in.

Voting should be "fall-off-a-log-easy". But it's not for many eligible American voters.

I agree.

But my point is simply this:

Anyone saying they can't vote--or almost anyone--is simply lying.

Can you register? Yes.
Can you get to the polls on election day? Almost certainly
Is there early voting options available? Almost certainly
Can you acquire the appropriate ID? Yes.

Will your vote count? Hope so. That is the real danger.

It's more a matter of difficulty than can't. And there is great difficulty for many eligible American voters. Republicans know they can't just STOP certain people from voting - so they just make it extraordinarily difficult. It's called "voter suppression".

That....I will agree with.

If you really want to vote; you can. That is my point.

Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? I feel sorry for many voters who continue to face an ever-changing obstacle course just to cast their ballots. Republicans don't want to even have a debate on voting rights. What do you think?

We need to standardize the election rules across the nation. If there is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats....it seems like this would be the one that they would end the filibuster to get to.

That being said... almost anyone who is still bitching about not being able to vote is simply lying. You can vote. Its 80X harder than it should be but you can make it to the polls and you can get the appropriate ID to vote. To me, that was one of the sadder things about the out-sized participation in the 2020 election. I call it "participation" instead of turnout because if a lot of these democrats and even some republicans had to leave their house to cast a vote, that would be an insurmountable obstacle for them. It exposed just how cheap the right to vote is to some people. You don't value it enough to go out and take part in the system--let alone in off year elections--but if they make it fall-off-a-log-easy...they're all in.

Voting should be "fall-off-a-log-easy". But it's not for many eligible American voters.

I agree.

Can you register? Yes.

It's more a matter of difficulty than can't. And there is great difficulty for many eligible American voters. Republicans know they can't just STOP certain people from voting - so they just make it extraordinarily difficult. It's called "voter suppression".

Pure commie bullshit, if everyone is bound by the same rules, everyone is being suppressed or no one is.

I agree.

Can you register? Yes.

Pure commie bullshit, if everyone is bound by the same rules, everyone is being suppressed or no one is.

Voter Suppression happens all the time.

Most of Georgia's residence are in the counties around Atlanta. Yet the number of voting machines and polling places is about the same across the state. Do you think it is a coincidence that the areas that are predominantly black--the same counties around Atlanta--are the ones who have the most trouble voting when it comes to long lines and fewer hours of polls being opened...and outlawing handing people standing in line a bottle of water? There is a pattern of suppression in Georgia. Anyone who says otherwise is simply ignorant, lying...or both.

That being said...if you really want to vote you can...you may cast your ballot at midnight after standing there since 3PM....but you can vote. Should it be that difficult? Of course not.

Shouldn't voting be easy and painless for all eligible American voters? What do you think?
Just get a fucking ID and go IN PERSON to the polling place! What's so tough about that?

Shouldn't be necessary. Mail in voting should be the norm. All states match signatures. Election Day should be a national holiday.
What's tough? Republicans knowing that if everyone is allowed to vote, they'll be winning the most lily white counties in the US...and not much else. :)
Why? Because they have no new policy ideas. Hence the hissy fit over voting legislation and phony claims of "fraudulent" elections.

I can't see election day as a holiday.

If we are going to get another holiday, time to rededicate Good Friday instead. Jesus H. Christ died for our sins, I'd say that is more important, particularly as people can vote before or after work.

Alabama has voter ID laws and had record turn out for the 2018 midterm election. . Why do you loons keep implying that certain segments of the population are to stupid to obtain ID's ?

I agree.

Can you register? Yes.

Yeah, but why should it be worse than going to a dentist for a root canal for many eligible American voters?

Make it a national holiday. Everyone gets the day off. Provide bussing free of charge to polls. This is a start. Only a start.
If everyone is off who’s going to drive the bus?
Mr. Trump has some free time.
So? Seriously, WTF?
So he can drive the bus... Are you retarded?
You get kinda pissy when your stupid ideas are challenged. LMAO!

I agree.

Can you register? Yes.

Voter Suppression happens all the time.

Most of Georgia's residence are in the counties around Atlanta. Yet the number of voting machines and polling places is about the same across the state. Do you think it is a coincidence that the areas that are predominantly black--the same counties around Atlanta--are the ones who have the most trouble voting when it comes to long lines and fewer hours of polls being opened...and outlawing handing people standing in line a bottle of water? There is a pattern of suppression in Georgia. Anyone who says otherwise is simply ignorant, lying...or both.

That being said...if you really want to vote you can...you may cast your ballot at midnight after standing there since 3PM....but you can vote. Should it be that difficult? Of course not.

So you don't think the expanded early voting will help ease the congestion? But if it doesn't whos fault is that?

Alabama has voter ID laws and had record turn out for the 2018 midterm election. . Why do you loons keep implying that certain segments of the population are to stupid to obtain ID's ?
They don’t give a crap about people getting ID’s. It’s harder than fuck to get dead and nonexistent people ID’s and to the polls though. That is their concern.

I can't get off work.

Well boo fucking hoo. Sucks to be you then.
You're infringing my constitutional rights.

I can't get off work.

How do you get to work?

I'm retired.
Or I'm close enough to walk.
Or my friend works the same place and gives me a ride.

I agree.

Can you register? Yes.

Yeah, but why should it be worse than going to a dentist for a root canal for many eligible American voters?
It isn't.

This is what I'm talking about. Its not the ironman triathalon...it's not a fate worse than death....The simple fact is that for some people, if the polling location was in their den, they would come up with an excuse to not vote. Its also quite disheartening that the same people who complain about the lack of investment in their communities are often those who decide not to vote because "it's too hard".

They don’t give a crap about people getting ID’s. It’s harder than fuck to get dead and nonexistent people ID’s and to the polls though. That is their concern.
Looks like your fellow blobber found a way around it:

I can't get off work.

How do you get to work?

Crapitus doesn't work. It's a leech

Are you seriously saying it lied when it said it couldn't get off work?

Yup. Look at it. It's too stupid to wipe It's own ass, you really think it could hold down a job?
You ladies get a room.

Forum List

Back