Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Republicans were fiscally responsible before 1998.

Since 1998, Republicans have been as bad or worse than Dems....

The LIBERTARIAN PARTY is the only party today that has any claim on the term "fiscally responsible..."
I would think you'd have to go back to the 80s. Perot forced everyone to be responsible in he 90s. Sadly the libertarian party has nobody in government?

So, i ask you to take the first step, ie being honest about being for higher taxes for everyone,

and you change the subject.

Boo-yah.

And that is a wrap.

That is all the needs to be said about this issue.
Yes you are making false claims. That is to be ignored.

You want fiscal responsibility and you don't want higher taxes on everyone? LOL!!!!!!!

Don't waste my time. Just give me the bullet point, how you pretend to think that would work.
Just 3 years ago deficits were drastically lower. We got here from trump spending and tax cuts. The tax cuts have not paid for themselves as promised. We likely need to cut back his spending and increase taxes back to where they were 3 years ago. Economic growth is about the same as it was 3 years ago, the cuts were a failure.

1. Getting back to where we were three years ago, is not fiscal responsibility.

2. Much, if not most of the spending increase would have been mandated increases in entitlement spending. YOu are not going to touch that. So, that's not serious.

3. Undoing the tax cuts, won't put US into fiscal responsibility. Not even close.

4. Ignoring that his programs almost certainly artificially extended the economic upswing is even more dishonesty from you.
We got here when trump flattened revenue with tax cuts and the largest spending increase was military. We can go back to 3 years ago.
Revenue went up, moron. The military is only 18% of the budget.

"Reagan proved deficits do not matter"

Zionist 911 Traitor Dick Cheney, on why the GOP abandoned fiscal conservatism when W took office....

Just 3 years ago deficits were drastically lower. We got here from trump spending and tax cuts. The tax cuts have not paid for themselves as promised. We likely need to cut back his spending and increase taxes back to where they were 3 years ago. Economic growth is about the same as it was 3 years ago, the cuts were a failure.

2. Much, if not most of the spending increase would have been mandated increases in entitlement spending. YOu are not going to touch that. So, that's not serious.

3. Undoing the tax cuts, won't put US into fiscal responsibility. Not even close.

4. Ignoring that his programs almost certainly artificially extended the economic upswing is even more dishonesty from you.
We got here when trump flattened revenue with tax cuts and the largest spending increase was military. We can go back to 3 years ago.

We got here, when the Baby Boomers did not have enough children. Everything since then has just been kicking the can down the road.

That Trump is not kicking the can down the road the way you want, is not making him responsible for the mess.
He has certainly made the mess much worse. Trillion dollar deficits?

Said the man that does not want higher taxes on everyone.

Or at least, won't be honest about it.
Well clearly we couldn't afford the tax cuts. They never delivered the growth promised. I guess repubs didn't learn from Reagan or Bush doing the same thing and growing deficits.

Yes you are making false claims. That is to be ignored.

You want fiscal responsibility and you don't want higher taxes on everyone? LOL!!!!!!!

Don't waste my time. Just give me the bullet point, how you pretend to think that would work.

Revenue goes up every year we don't have a recession. The rate of growth went to near nothing. And the biggest increase in spending was military.

I still think it is bizarre that a bunch of democrats are lecturing anyone about deficits. Many republicans will tell you that we want to control spending, and I'm betting they are serious. When the democrats start getting holier than thou, I have I hard time believing that they want to do anything other than spend as much as possible. To all the people who claim they are neutral, good luck with that. I hope you love Mexican food and your 20 hour service job. People keep pointing out how long we've had a deficit, and if a president can actually stop it without help, but that doesn't stop our supposedly non-biased regulars from bashing Trump and his supporters. Again, learn to take a win. You'll be happier accepting the good things Trump is doing, and be grateful the doom squad isn't banning everything in sight and taxing you out of your jockey shorts. If you ever find that perfect candidate that will magically get congress to write a responsible budget, let me know. I'd be interested. Otherwise, just keep griping continue to believe that government control of every industry will somehow, ironically, solve government spending.
The thing is trump talked a big game about the debt. What he delivered is higher deficits than Obama. Most of what trump does is by executive order, it will be gone quickly. The debt we are stuck with for a long time...

That's a good reason to build the wall.
Some democrat will enjoy knocking it down someday.
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. That would only demonstrate how much they hate America.

Revenue goes up every year we don't have a recession. The rate of growth went to near nothing. And the biggest increase in spending was military.
I can't find any good charts of government revenue. Do you have one?

We got here, when the Baby Boomers did not have enough children. Everything since then has just been kicking the can down the road.

That Trump is not kicking the can down the road the way you want, is not making him responsible for the mess.

Well clearly we couldn't afford the tax cuts. They never delivered the growth promised. I guess repubs didn't learn from Reagan or Bush doing the same thing and growing deficits.

You are calling on republicans to embrace fiscal responsibility, and pay the political price, while you are refusing to do the same.

Fiscal responsibility, at this late date, would require massive spending cuts and massive tax increases, on everyone.

Any pretense that it would not and will not be a national challenge on the scale of a major war,

is just a varying degree of the cowardice.

Here are the CBO numbers from 2016.

The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2016 to 2026 | Congressional Budget Office

From the link:

"In 2016, the federal budget deficit will increase, in relation to the size of the economy, for the first time since 2009, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimates. If current laws generally remained unchanged, the deficit would grow over the next 10 years, and by 2026 it would be considerably larger than its average over the past 50 years, CBO projects. Debt held by the public would also grow significantly from its already high level."

Trump may have contributed to our fiscal problem but there were structural issues in place before he was ever elected.

Well clearly we couldn't afford the tax cuts.

In the 1990s, we cut taxes and spending, and the result was a booming economy and a budget surplus

In the 2000s, we cut taxes and massively increased spending, and the result was a depression, trillions of new debt, and the cowardly closeted compromised Cocksucker in Chief

Newt Gingrich = Greatest ever American hero on the issue of fiscal conservatism

W = worst traitor in American history

You are calling on republicans to embrace fiscal responsibility, and pay the political price, while you are refusing to do the same.

Fiscal responsibility, at this late date, would require massive spending cuts and massive tax increases, on everyone.

Any pretense that it would not and will not be a national challenge on the scale of a major war,

is just a varying degree of the cowardice.
Actually, if the government would just hold the line on spending, the deficit would disappear in a couple of years.

upload_2020-1-25_11-48-7.png

The first issue is CUTTING SPENDING

Until we CUT SPENDING, as we did in the 1990s, it is all moot.

SPENDING is the problem

CUTTING SPENDING is the ONLY solution

We should but we ain't.
In fact, im not sure why it would even matter anymore.
Well we certainly aren't. I do think it matters quite a bit. China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy. If they do that and continue to have a lower gdp/debt ratio we are in big trouble. Their currency would likely become the currency of the world and we'd become Greece.

China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy.

If you believe lying Commie stats...….

Their currency would likely become the currency of the world

Their house of cards is looking a little unsteady. And nobody wants to hold Yuan.

Not only can their currency not become the worlds currency in the near future for structural reasons but China will fight it to the last breath until they figure out how to handle the Triffin Dilemma

Here are the CBO numbers from 2016.

The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2016 to 2026 | Congressional Budget Office

From the link:

"In 2016, the federal budget deficit will increase, in relation to the size of the economy, for the first time since 2009, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimates. If current laws generally remained unchanged, the deficit would grow over the next 10 years, and by 2026 it would be considerably larger than its average over the past 50 years, CBO projects. Debt held by the public would also grow significantly from its already high level."

Trump may have contributed to our fiscal problem but there were structural issues in place before he was ever elected.
The CBO is a Marxist organization. They've always been wrong.

This link actually claims revenue went down but maybe the numbers were revised afterward cause I believe they just barely increased over previous year.

U.S. Tax Revenues Fall, Deficit Widens in Wake of New Tax Law

The first issue is CUTTING SPENDING

Until we CUT SPENDING, as we did in the 1990s, it is all moot.

SPENDING is the problem

CUTTING SPENDING is the ONLY solution

I would certainly demand cuts first.

But it is moot, because there will be no decrease in spending, any time soon.

View attachment 302465
Source?

This video clearly shows what happened. Revenue nearly flat and the biggest increases in spending were military and interest on the debt:

Forum List

Back