Should we elect a person who doesnt know what a classified document looks like if they receive one?

Go ahead and prove them.

I'd like to charge you with being a parrot. And that's self evident

What's to prove? Hillary already publicly stated that she deleted 30,000 e-mails. Case closed!
Deleting emails is violation of federal law?

Wait, don't answer that...because even if that harmed nothing, you'll call for her head.

I will answer it even if it harmed nothing. Of course if her private account was hacked there is a very good possibility that harm was done.

The Federal Records Act requires agencies hold onto official communications, including all work-related emails, and government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records.

§ FOIA is designed to "improve public access to agency records and information."

§ The NARA regulations dictate how records should be created and maintained. They stress that materials must be maintained "by the agency," that they should be "readily found" and that the records must "make possible a proper scrutiny by the Congress."

§ Section 1924 of Title 18 has to do with deletion and retention of classified documents. "Knowingly" removing or housing classified information at an "unauthorized location" is subject to a fine or a year in prison."

Fact Check Hillary Clinton Those Emails And The Law It s All Politics NPR
If I'm not mistaken.....you're under the impression that federal guidelines exist that should ensure 100% access by a hostile and biased congressional committe to all the emails the state dept sends.

I wonder if that has ever been the case?
But the Russians and Chinese can have them, since the server undoubtedly got hacked due to the lack of security???
More hysteria! How about proof? you're still running around saying things without a shred of it.

A pure mountain of RW bs, for hater dupes only. She was Sec. of State and sent these to OTHER people who were ALSO able to see top secret stuff ANYWAY, the docs weren't classified at the time, and if anything the server was more secure than the gov't ones. Of course she gets to say what is personal like all other high gov't officials- And there's NOTHING TO COVER UP IN THE FIRST PLACE, except in the eyes of total ignoramuses brainwashed by ridiculous Pub propaganda.Total a-holes and morons.

Go ahead and prove them.

What's to prove? Hillary already publicly stated that she deleted 30,000 e-mails. Case closed!

Wait, don't answer that...because even if that harmed nothing, you'll call for her head.

Agree, trying to make a case out of erasing 30,000 personal emails is like me going to his house and insisting the police charge him for doing the same. YCMTSU
Personal on a server that was used for conducting all of Hillary's government business... All emails should have been retained, just like the requirements for a government server. The government OWNED that server when she did that.

What about "private" bothers you? Clinton owned that server not the government and there was no law against it, just like when GW and the RNC dumped 22 million email.
And of course none of the chumps have heard of that, and if they have they don't care. Only the most dishonest, disastrous, and corrupt administration ever...

Agree, trying to make a case out of erasing 30,000 personal emails is like me going to his house and insisting the police charge him for doing the same. YCMTSU
Personal on a server that was used for conducting all of Hillary's government business... All emails should have been retained, just like the requirements for a government server. The government OWNED that server when she did that.

What about "private" bothers you? Clinton owned that server not the government and there was no law against it, just like when GW and the RNC dumped 22 million email.
And of course none of the chumps have heard of that, and if they have they don't care. Only the most dishonest, disastrous, and corrupt administration ever...

Nothing pales in comparison to what Republicans have done in this country over 40 years. The first president that had to resign, A president that had over 100 felony convictions, a president that lied us into war and made torture common, That's a history of disaster and anyone foolish enough to vote for one deserves all that they get.

Go ahead and prove them.

And if we find some of these emails, we will see why she ignored the request to turn over the server, what she was hiding when she erased all of those emails and which laws were broken at that time.

We have an assortment of charges waiting:

--obstruction of justice (erasing emails)
--obstruction of justice (wiping server clean)
--mishandling sensitive material (using a private server for sensitive documents_
--intentional conflict of interest ( Donations from foreign countries for 'Clinton Foundation.)
--obstruction of justice (Benghazi emails erased - which was the original intent of cleaning the server)
Go ahead and prove them.

I will answer it even if it harmed nothing. Of course if her private account was hacked there is a very good possibility that harm was done.

The Federal Records Act requires agencies hold onto official communications, including all work-related emails, and government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records.

§ FOIA is designed to "improve public access to agency records and information."

§ The NARA regulations dictate how records should be created and maintained. They stress that materials must be maintained "by the agency," that they should be "readily found" and that the records must "make possible a proper scrutiny by the Congress."

§ Section 1924 of Title 18 has to do with deletion and retention of classified documents. "Knowingly" removing or housing classified information at an "unauthorized location" is subject to a fine or a year in prison."

If I'm not mistaken.....you're under the impression that federal guidelines exist that should ensure 100% access by a hostile and biased congressional committe to all the emails the state dept sends.

I am under the impression that the guidelines of the FOIA have to be followed for the release of e-mails. Of course if they were erased that would not be possible. See item 1. Item 3 covers what you stated and the answer is yes, proper scrutiny by Congress is the law.

No problem. Glad we are on the same page.

My post was about the last president that didn't have a clue. You know. gwb.

Yes but it does have something to do with the thread. Question. "Should we elect a person who doesn't know what classified documents look like if they received one?"
My response was completely relevant to the question regarding electing a president.
Thank you.
And with regards to your statement about the 2 democratic senators, who has the final decision in sending our troops to war?
The President!
If you have evidence that Hillary Clinton knowingly handled classified material and not an intern or an aide, present it now, otherwise it is just an attempt to smear her good name.

Sorry boilermaker 55, I apologize for the error.

My comment was, even after Congress votes to go to war, the only person that can send the troops to war is the President.
Not the Congress. So.........the final word and deed was gwbs to invade Iraq.
"The U.S. Constitution explicitly details the powers of Congress, however, it does not specifically limit the powers of the President of the United States. History, precedent, and public opinion have cryptically given us a definition of the limits of the POTUS, yet have not provided a definitive answer. "
Does the President need congressional approval to take military action - Quora

Despite the Constitution, for nearly 200 years, presidents have sent the U.S. military into conflicts without first consulting Congress.
Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and Andrew Jackson,
Obama authorized the airstrikes under the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force law, which allowed President George W. Bush to use "necessary and appropriate force" against those involved in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Obama did ask Congress to authorize money to fund and train moderate rebel groups in Syria to aid in the fight against ISIS, which it did in late September 2014.

Yes but it does have something to do with the thread. Question. "Should we elect a person who doesn't know what classified documents look like if they received one?"
My response was completely relevant to the question regarding electing a president.
Thank you.
And with regards to your statement about the 2 democratic senators, who has the final decision in sending our troops to war?
The President!

TYpo. Big deal. Iraq was the losers quest.

You seem to be a little mixed up with who was president that put us into the war with I R A N! Remember the Constitution and what it says about a president and war.
Come on now, play by the rules and look it up and tell us.
You seem a little confused there.... We were in a war with IRAN?????

Did Obozo forget to tell us?????
typo
You seem to be a little mixed up with who was president that put us into the war with I R A N! Remember the Constitution and what it says about a president and war.
Come on now, play by the rules and look it up and tell us.

We have not been in a shooting war with Iran although when they invaded the US Embassy and held Americans hostage it was an act of war. Jimmy Carter was the President and didn't have the nads to take them on.

TYPO! You meant Iraq instead of Iran. Isn't that the the war that Senators Clinton and Kerry voted for? And it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP thread.

Most Presidents don't send the troops to war without the approval of Congress. Obama and Clinton are two that did.

From that same article.
Hillary Clinton Sent Classified Information Over Email While at State Department Review Finds - WSJ
“None of the emails we reviewed had classification or dissemination markings, but some included IC-derived classified information and should have been handled as classified, appropriately marked, and transmitted via a secure network,” wrote Inspector General I. Charles McCullough in the letter to Congress.

If somebody sent you a classified email, and you had no idea it was classified, who would be responsible?

YES!! YOU IDIOT.; i work for the federal government. if you actually opened it and read it you would know it was Secret; and since you have it it IS your responsibility

you are a joke

How would you know an email you received is classified if it isn't marked? Psychic communication?

once again you idiot; we KNOW her e-mails were downloaded onto a thumb drive; 30,000 of them. she would have known WHEN SHE READ THEM they were classified WHICH IS WHAT THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF THE CIA IS SAYING. once you know THEY ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

AND it is A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW to download classified material onto a portable thumb drive

idiot

Again, how could she have known if they weren't marked?
ok let;s go with that
Now that she knows
will she testify against the known source
will she whistle blow
will she in order to protect this great nation rat out the fink that sent it.

I'm pretty sure the source is pretty easy to find. I'm no expert, but emails tend to be marked with where they come from.

Nothing pales in comparison to what Republicans have done in this country over 40 years. The first president that had to resign, A president that had over 100 felony convictions, a president that lied us into war and made torture common, That's a history of disaster and anyone foolish enough to vote for one deserves all that they get.
Vietnam, a president losing his license to practice law. Americans held hostage in Iran.
ya you dems have a lot to brag about

Of course she didnt violate any rules or regulations unless these count.

"Second, the Federal Records Act [on the books since 1950], mandates that the head of each federal agency shall provide for “(1) effective controls over the creation and over the maintenance and use of records in the conduct of current business;(2) cooperation with the Administrator of General Services and the Archivist in applying standards, procedures, and techniques designed to improve the management of records, promote the maintenance and security of records deemed appropriate for preservation, and facilitate the segregation and disposal of records of temporary value.”

The Secretary of State was responsible for all of the Department’s records. Yet she failed to preserve even her own."

Analysis of the State Department Emails in Hillary Clinton s Possession and Much More FRINFORMSUM 3 5 2015 UNREDACTED
And if we find some of these emails, we will see why she ignored the request to turn over the server, what she was hiding when she erased all of those emails and which laws were broken at that time.

--mishandling sensitive material (using a private server for sensitive documents_
--intentional conflict of interest ( Donations from foreign countries for 'Clinton Foundation.)
--obstruction of justice (Benghazi emails erased - which was the original intent of cleaning the server)
Go ahead and prove them.

Oh boy, that is bad.Four laws broken and that doesn't include obstruction.. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. But if I were, I would be in court right now.

Yeah, it also requires a certification of custody and if they don't have her name and signature they have nothing.

possession without a custody transfer is a worse crime than release of classified data.

If she had it but never signed for it, she is in real trouble.

If it was sent as unclassified and later classified by State, the problem isn't in the Clinton camp.

thats their story today, what will it be tomorrow when that is disproven.

I know you love the bitch, but get real, she broke the law by doing govt business on a private server and then destroying it. If there was nothing to hide, why destroy it? Will these idiots ever learn that its the cover up that brings them down?
You hate women too?

Maybe if you got laid more often you'd become a moderate conservative

How does pointing out Hillary's crimes equal.hating women?
Hillarys' a woman....well dumb me

The real part of how tough it is for Republican Presidents, is that all but Eisenhower and Reagan left office ranging from high dissapproval to shame.

Right now if a Republican ran on Reagans exact platform, they wouldn't get the nomination for President.

So while Conservatives tend to embrace tradition and safe bets, they're really breaking new ground with the Fox News/Tea Party conservatism.

But then again, Clinton and LBJ were the only Democratic Presidencies that left strong economies behind

Of course she didnt violate any rules or regulations unless these count.

"Second, the Federal Records Act [on the books since 1950], mandates that the head of each federal agency shall provide for “(1) effective controls over the creation and over the maintenance and use of records in the conduct of current business;(2) cooperation with the Administrator of General Services and the Archivist in applying standards, procedures, and techniques designed to improve the management of records, promote the maintenance and security of records deemed appropriate for preservation, and facilitate the segregation and disposal of records of temporary value.”

The Secretary of State was responsible for all of the Department’s records. Yet she failed to preserve even her own."

Analysis of the State Department Emails in Hillary Clinton s Possession and Much More FRINFORMSUM 3 5 2015 UNREDACTED

Go ahead and prove them.

Look at TOO Tall's post. Four different laws broken.

Go ahead and prove them.

But the Russians and Chinese can have them, since the server undoubtedly got hacked due to the lack of security???
he odds are pretty good that Russia and China have them.

Go ahead and prove them.

Oh boy, that is bad.Four laws broken and that doesn't include obstruction.. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. But if I were, I would be in court right now.
That's kind of twisted, because if someone non political did what you accuse Hillary of, you wouldn't bat an eye.

You're just outraged because you think it's serve the GOP's electioneering efforts for 2016...that or you've fallen for that

Go ahead and prove them.

Link?

Maybe but I don't think she is likely to give up her last chance at political power without someone prying it from her bloody hands.

She has been in this game long enough to know the political realities. She will fight but surrender when it needs to go away.

I already told you what is going to happen. She is going on a two week vacation to an expensive spa in the hamptons, she will come out of that and announce that she has a medical condition that prevents her from running. Don't doubt me.

You're a roadmap for success. Just make sure you understand fully where redfish says the ball is going to be and move in the exact opposite direction. One-hundred percent success rate.

Vietnam, a president losing his license to practice law. Americans held hostage in Iran.
ya you dems have a lot to brag about
Vietnam, we tried and then wanted to get out. Nixon lied about a secret plan to get elected, was a bombing fool war criminal, got 15K US and god knows how many Viets and Cambodians killed for nothing. Great Society was great til him... How many hostages died? Not a single American died under Carter. His human rights campaign won us the Cold War more than Reagan's BS bluster. We're lucky he didn't get the USSR hardliners back in. What happened to his pal Saddam? S+L scadal/bust? Tripled the debt? Ruined the middle class AND their brains...Boooosh!!

Link?
I have that

youreahugedumbassthatcantseewhatsinfrontofhim.com

Forum List

Back