Should we end birth right citizenship?

Feel free to start working on removing the 14th Amendment. Our founding fathers in their wisdom left us a system for changing the Constitution.

Good luck getting 75% of the states to agree to anything.

The current abuse was based on a crap court ruling.

Just reverse that crap ruling and we are good to go.

Way too late of course.

But what they hell, got nothing better to do than try.
IMHO, it would be more likely to amend the constitution than to reverse the ruling.

Feel free to start working on removing the 14th Amendment. Our founding fathers in their wisdom left us a system for changing the Constitution.

Way too late of course.

IMHO, it would be more likely to amend the constitution than to reverse the ruling.

I hope you are wrong, because Amending the Constitution is not going to happen.

A reversal of a crap ruling, should take nothing but a Right leaning court.

But too many of Republican appointees, respect even crap precedent.

Way too late of course.

I think it is unlikely because we have probably millions of citizens that are citizens due to the current interpretation and right leaning judges tend to be reluctant to rule against established court case law.

Way too late of course.

I think it is unlikely because we have probably millions of citizens that are citizens due to the current interpretation and right leaning judges tend to be reluctant to rule against established court case law.

Also, someone that has “standing” would have to get court case to the Supreme Court. I have no idea who that would be or what such a case would look like.

Birth Right Citizenship was meant to protect the offspring of the former slaves.
It was never meant to give citizenship to the offspring of illegal aliens.
Clearly illegal aliens are abusing the law and exploit the American Taxpayers.

Ending it would take a constitutional amendment- I wouldn't trust any politician today to amend our constitution.

Way too late of course.

And by 'crap precedent' you mean you just disagree with the Court going with the actual words of the Constitution.

An Amendment to fix the birth-right citizenship (Anchor Baby) issue...

Section 1. Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment is considered extant and operative beginning on July 28, 1868 and ending on the date of the enactment of this Amendment.

Section 2. Subsequent to the enactment of this Amendment this Amendment shall govern and control in place of Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Section 3. All persons naturally born of one or more biological parents possessing United States citizenship are citizens of the United States.

Section 4. Natural birth shall be construed as a human fetus gestating within the body of a human being and delivered from that body at the moment of birth.

Section 5. Congress shall have the power to define citizenship status for births attributable to non-natural gestation or delivery through appropriate legislation.

Section 7. All persons born of one or more biological parents possessing permanent legal residency status at the time of birth are citizens of the United States.

Section 8. All persons born of one or more biological parents naturalized in the United States through federally recognized naturalization proceedings are citizens of the United States.

Section 9. All persons not born under the provision of any of Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 of this Amendment are not citizens of the United States at the time of their birth.

Section 10. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any citizen of the United States of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any United States citizen the equal protection of the laws.

Section 11. Persons residing within the United States who are not citizens of the United States shall enjoy protections of law identical to those of citizens except that Congress shall have the power to stipulate exceptions to such protections in matters related to war, national emergency, immigration and other matters related to the public welfare.

Section 12. The Congress shall have power to enforce by appropriate legislation the provisions of this article.

==============================================================

Deals with Anchor Babies and avoids Tlielaxu Axolotl Tanks and Clone Wars...

Last edited:
And by 'crap precedent' you mean you just disagree with the Court going with the actual words of the Constitution.
Not me.

I am saying we should go ahead and act like the lawless commies and ignore the text. Just fuck everybody in the ass and do whatever we want. Interpret the fuck out of that bitch. Fuck the plain meaning.

Way too late of course.

I said what I meant. It was a crap ruling.

Address that, or run along.

Show me in the 14th amendment it has that about birthright

oh here it is

14th Amendment

Don't see it...please let me know if I missed it

oh here it is

14th Amendment

First line of your own link:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside...."

oh here it is

14th Amendment

Seems pretty fucking clear to me...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

That is because you are a moron. There is nothing in the wording that limits it to slaves. Nice try though.
So, now you're a textualist?

Glad you approve of Gorsuch, Thomas, and Alito.

I do. I do. I do. I am big fan of Alito and Thomas and so far Gorsuch has done ok, but it is a little early to tell for sure. We will find a lout out about him this year.

The 14th Amendment also has the "equal protection" clause which is the basis of our Civil Rights laws and also which makes Affirmative Action policies illegal.

The 14th Amendment also has the "equal protection" clause which is the basis of our Civil Rights laws and also which makes Affirmative Action policies illegal.

All AA policies as well as any anti-discriminatory laws enforced upon private enterprises are unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back