🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

Absolutely not. "Corporations" are people, yeah, so they can pay their fair share.

Hey asshole you will pay it for them, I for the life of me do not understand why you people do not get this.

The Left tends to keep things very shallow, two dimensional, when it comes to economic issues. It's always static analysis, never dynamic analysis. I've pretty much given up trying to discuss that topic with them.

While I understand in theory the blue and the red are not necessarily the same, in reality, they are...

Excellent! So we are in agreement. Now let's figure out a way to fix this problem.

I think you already did, see the green. Even if they don't serve us, at least they are cheaper and stay out of our way more...

You have moved to the hypothetical. Can we stay with the actual for now?

A 0% corporate tax rate would unleash a flood of foreign and repatriated capital, the likes of which we've never seen.

We don't want that, though, because it would be good for American business, and American business is evil 'n greedy 'n stuff.

Exactly, instead of outsourcing jobs, other nations would be outsourcing to us.

This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

I'd be in favor of that. But I'd also want to see some fundamental changes made to corporate law - particularly in the area of 'limited liability'.

Do you understand the legal concept of the LLC?

A 0% corporate tax rate would unleash a flood of foreign and repatriated capital, the likes of which we've never seen.

We don't want that, though, because it would be good for American business, and American business is evil 'n greedy 'n stuff.

Exactly, instead of outsourcing jobs, other nations would be outsourcing to us.

Competing with third world nations for piecemeal work. Soon enough my friend, soon enough.

Excellent! So we are in agreement. Now let's figure out a way to fix this problem.

I think you already did, see the green. Even if they don't serve us, at least they are cheaper and stay out of our way more...

I don't follow, large governments are inherently corrupt. Doesn't that lead to the logical conclusion that governments need to be smaller?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

I'd be in favor of that. But I'd also want to see some fundamental changes made to corporate law - particularly in the area of 'limited liability'.

So you want the employees to be personally liable for the acts of the corporation?

Please don't engage in this...It's a thread derail.

I don't follow, large governments are inherently corrupt. Doesn't that lead to the logical conclusion that governments need to be smaller?

As far as I know no government is inherently corrupt. I will agree a large government is probably easier to corrupt than a small one. The problem is one can not simply decide that because a large government is corrupt and a smaller, non-corrupt government would be better that one can wish the transformation to occur. You and I, and anyone else who would like to, need to decide how to make this happen.

Companies hire employees when they have a need. Just because they have more money doesn't mean they will spend it. We have seen this over the last 5 years.

YES! And my plan does just that! Plus, it puts billions of dollars into the economy!

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Argentina is a basket-case.

Why would we want to follow their policies as you suggest?
Cruel. Justified and accurate but cruel.

Do you understand the legal concept of the LLC?

Yes. Ideally, I don't think corporations should be taxed for their income. A common rationale for doing so is that corporations enjoy a variety of special privileges (like limited liability) that privately held companies do not, and that, in my opinion, is the problem. No one should get special favors from government.

YES! And my plan does just that! Plus, it puts billions of dollars into the economy!

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

So why not compare and contrast my plan with Argentina, or will that moot your post?

Sounds good but I say we end subsidies to them first along with banning pork spending. Then see where we are and go from there.

define "subsidies". what exactly do you want to eliminate?

Any taxpayer funded giveaway that encourages business to do something it would not normally do.
For example. Now this is political dynamite. Farm subsidies. as we now know, most food production is from mega corp owned growers. Farm subsidies were invented to help family farmers weather the storm of lean years and to keep prices from falling too far when bumper crops would flood the market reducing profit margins.
These large corporate farms should be financially stable enough to withstand the ebb and flow of market forces.
Small city airport subsidies. Air travelers and taxpayers fund small, little used airports in small cities to support commercial traffic. Why are we doing this. So a few hundred passengers per week don't have to travel 90 mins to a larger airport?
Why are we paying companies to NOT produce products?
There's a bunch of other instances where subsidies are used to entice businesses to locate in certain cities or certain areas the federal government would like to see revitalized.
I think govt LIKES to give money to business. Reason is so that govt has a say in the way private enterprise does it's work.
Especially in banking and the auto industry.

The goal should be for smart and efferent government. One that funds the research, science, r@d and strives to reform the problem areas.

What your movement wants to do is simply throw our lead in science away. No solutions at all besides sitting on your porch jacking off.

As far as I know no government is inherently corrupt. I will agree a large government is probably easier to corrupt than a small one. The problem is one can not simply decide that because a large government is corrupt and a smaller, non-corrupt government would be better that one can wish the transformation to occur. You and I, and anyone else who would like to, need to decide how to make this happen.

At least we vote for the government...Unlike the corporations they want running wild.

Now I am a huge supporter of corporations as they bring innovation and we simply couldn't feed our population without them. The government part comes in when you're talking about regulations and keeping them moral.

So why not compare and contrast my plan with Argentina, or will that moot your post?

Large arbitrary increases in wages, large increases in pensions, government trying to hold down costs by fiat and capital controls are exactly what basket cases like Argentina and Venezuela have tried today and in the past, and the results are always the same. They are populist failures. In fact, capital controls are usually implemented because of your other policies as a response to the economic incompetence as capital flees the country.

In 1900, Argentina was the seventh largest economy in the world and Canada is the eighth. Both are economies are at the end of the hemisphere, both rely heavily on natural resources, both border large neighbors, and both had large influxes of immigration in the 19th and early 20th centuries. In fact, Argentina was a solid economy until 1930. Then, it slid into populism and autarky, turning inward to populist demagogues who promised "fairness" to "the people." Instead, they destroyed their economies with inflation and capital flight. Compare that to Canada, which is today the 10th largest economy in the world, with a per capita income more than double Argentina. It's fascinating.

Economic populists know neither history nor economics.

Last edited:

Why would jobs be created here?

We have robots and computers that can do so many things and companies also have the option of using assembly factories in third-world countries.

Cutting labor costs has been the American way since the founding fathers declared every man born equal then went home to their slaves and wealth.

BTW -- big corps don't pay taxes, get a clue.

Forum List

Back