🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

Since it is theft, all taxation shoul dbe reduced to zero. if the government wants revenue, it should ask for donations, or stop trying to "accomplish" its goals and leave it to the market to handle. There is no service provided by government that couldn't be provided in a competitive environment.

Legal system?

Agree. Don't get me wrong I'm mostly against high tax rates, however I don't want a US where a fire dept might not put out a fire at X address because they "didn't pay their monthly bill".

Government's function should be primarily:
(1) National Defense
(2) Enforcing rules/law
(3) Providing a number of essential public goods like highways, fire depts (ie the stuff the free market isn't great at providing).

This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

A good topic, but please define "useless leftist government programs".

"Useless leftist.goverment programs" is synonymous with "government programs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
YES! And my plan does just that! Plus, it puts billions of dollars into the economy!

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Absolutely not. "Corporations" are people, yeah, so they can pay their fair share.

This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

The military is a government program. The mortgage interest deduction is a government program. Child tax credits are a government program.

Sent from my ass.

Last edited:
We should push thru the Fair Tax Act. If we were to fund the federal gov't strictly by a consumption tax, our economy would recover and bloom into the most robust in the world.

I have become more and more in favor of the Fair Tax over time.

My chief concern regarding the Fair Tax is that it will be corrupted exactly the way our income tax code has been corrupted with $1.2 trillion of annual tax expenditures.

If a Congressman can put a tax exemption/carve-out/boondoggle into the Fair Tax code, then the Fair Tax will be as doomed as the current tax scheme.

A fair Tax Act. Why not just call it "fair theft".

Any taxing system will be corrupted no matter what. You can not take an act like theft and make it anything else.

Only an anarchist would believe no taxes of any kind are necessary.

The military is a government program. The mortgage interest deduction is a government program. Child tax credits are a government program.

Sent from my ass.

I take it that you have neither deduction.

Since it is theft, all taxation shoul dbe reduced to zero. if the government wants revenue, it should ask for donations, or stop trying to "accomplish" its goals and leave it to the market to handle. There is no service provided by government that couldn't be provided in a competitive environment.

Legal system?

Agree. Don't get me wrong I'm mostly against high tax rates, however I don't want a US where a fire dept might not put out a fire at X address because they "didn't pay their monthly bill".

(1) National Defense
(2) Enforcing rules/law
(3) Providing a number of essential public goods like highways, fire depts (ie the stuff the free market isn't great at providing).

The people can sometimes be well served by a small government. The people can sometimes be well served by a large government. The people can never be well served by a corrupted government.

Last edited:
YES! And my plan does just that! Plus, it puts billions of dollars into the economy!

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Argentina is a basket-case.

Why would we want to follow their policies as you suggest?

It's about intent and "fairness", not results.

• Thanks
We see who the conservatives are in the pocket of...

This would be bull shit...

Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them from their customers, who are ... people.

The price of steel goes up, the price of the product goes up to pay the higher steel cost.

The price of taxes goes up, the price of the product goes up to pay the higher taxes.

They really should make economics a required course in High School. There would still be ideologues who argue what you do, but a lot of people would grasp how completely wrong liberals are when they spew the crap you do as well.

Legal system?

(1) National Defense
(2) Enforcing rules/law

The people can sometimes be well served by a small government. The people can sometimes be well served by a large government. The people can never be well served by a corrupted government.

While I understand in theory the blue and the red are not necessarily the same, in reality, they are...

We should push thru the Fair Tax Act. If we were to fund the federal gov't strictly by a consumption tax, our economy would recover and bloom into the most robust in the world.

I have become more and more in favor of the Fair Tax over time.

My chief concern regarding the Fair Tax is that it will be corrupted exactly the way our income tax code has been corrupted with $1.2 trillion of annual tax expenditures.

If a Congressman can put a tax exemption/carve-out/boondoggle into the Fair Tax code, then the Fair Tax will be as doomed as the current tax scheme.

A fair Tax Act. Why not just call it "fair theft".

Any taxing system will be corrupted no matter what. You can not take an act like theft and make it anything else.

For the taxes themselves, sure, but there is a significant difference. All taxes in the end are taxes on economic activity. By having a single direct tax on economic activity rather than a myriad of indirect taxes on economic activity, overhead and counter incentives will be significantly lower.

Absolutely not. "Corporations" are people, yeah, so they can pay their fair share.

So you advocate they should be able to vote? You believe they should be afforded Constitutional rights?

Fairness--fools there is no such thing PERIOD and you do not get to choose what is FAIR
should we all chip in to pay for someone elses RETIREMENT well you all do, we just did to pay the General Motors UAW fuckups.

(1) National Defense
(2) Enforcing rules/law

While I understand in theory the blue and the red are not necessarily the same, in reality, they are...

Excellent! So we are in agreement. Now let's figure out a way to fix this problem.

• Thanks

Excellent! So we are in agreement. Now let's figure out a way to fix this problem.

I think you already did, see the green. Even if they don't serve us, at least they are cheaper and stay out of our way more...

Fairness--fools there is no such thing PERIOD and you do not get to choose what is FAIR
should we all chip in to pay for someone elses RETIREMENT well you all do, we just did to pay the General Motors UAW fuckups.

Nothing like throwing up your hands and walking away, letting someone else come in and take what you should have stayed and fought for.

Forum List

Back