Should we remove tax exempt status for Mosque?

Your ignorance? True. It may not be contagious, but it's messy.
Can't you just admit you have nothing to back up your claim?

Two words: Warren Jeffs.

I'm betting you have no idea who I'm talking about, and no interest in finding out.
I'm interested in discussing the topic of this thread...

And you've yet to make a convincing argument that mosques - and only mosques - should have their tax exempt status revoked because Reasons.

Islam is enemy of the western way of life, therefore all its bastions must be closed.Enough convincing?

Methinks you're an enemy of the western way of life :lol:

Shut down the mosques. And when muslims go to Mecca, don't let them back in the country.

And when you go to Sunday school don't let you go home afterwards. Like swim expert said, explaining how unconstitutional this is is a waste of time. Pick up an 8th grade American history text book and get back to us after someone who can read gets you past the first two or three chapters.

So it's your contention that non profits have fewer tax hoops to jump through than any other business?

Why don't you prove that?

Been there, did that, moved on from your willful blindness.

You can lead a bigot to facts, but you can't make him think.

You did no such thing you said charities have to jump through hoops to keep their charitable status

Get rid of that status and all they have to do is file their taxes like every other business
You're dealing with someone whose only arguments are throwing out insults and name calling. Don't expect any honesty or substance.

I would like to know how wanting to end tax exemptions for big businesses makes me a bigot

SJ isn't talking about ending tax exemptions for big businesses, even religious business' - he's talking about ending it for one particular religion only.
The topic is tax exempt status for MOSQUES. That's what I'm addressing. You don't speak for me.

You're still ducking.

I'm betting you have no idea who I'm talking about, and no interest in finding out.

And you've yet to make a convincing argument that mosques - and only mosques - should have their tax exempt status revoked because Reasons.
Where did I say "only mosques"? You're very dishonest, aren't you? And this thread is supposed to be about mosques, why don't you stick to the topic?

Been there, did that, moved on from your willful blindness.

You can lead a bigot to facts, but you can't make him think.

You did no such thing you said charities have to jump through hoops to keep their charitable status

Get rid of that status and all they have to do is file their taxes like every other business
You're dealing with someone whose only arguments are throwing out insults and name calling. Don't expect any honesty or substance.

I would like to know how wanting to end tax exemptions for big businesses makes me a bigot

SJ isn't talking about ending tax exemptions for big businesses, even religious business' - he's talking about ending it for one particular religion only.
The topic is tax exempt status for MOSQUES. That's what I'm addressing. You don't speak for me.

And that is exactly what I said doofus :lol:

And that is exactly what I said doofus :lol:
So you're admitting I'm the only one who is actually addressing the topic? Thank you, although I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Where did I say "only mosques"? You're very dishonest, aren't you? And this thread is supposed to be about mosques, why don't you stick to the topic?

In post 183.

In post 183.
Nice try, but show me where I used the word "only".

In post 183.

It's all you're talking about. A quick search on USMB shows nothing anywhere on your part extending it to any other religious institutions. Given your insistence on keeping it about mosques only - a rational person would conclude you're only interested in squelching this one religion.

By all means - prove me wrong, show me the threads or posts you've posted on revoking tax status or closing down churches and synagogues :)

In post 183.

It's all you're talking about. A quick search on USMB shows nothing anywhere on your part extending it to any other religious institutions. Given your insistence on keeping it about mosques only - a rational person would conclude you're only interested in squelching this one religion.

By all means - prove me wrong, show me the threads or posts you've posted on revoking tax status or closing down churches and synagogues :)
Well excuse the fuck out of me for wanting to keep it about the topic only. And if churches or synagogues were advocating violence against Americans I would want them shut down too. But I'm sure you'll ignore that statement since you're only interested in trolling my comments rather than discussing the topic honestly.

In post 183.

Well excuse the fuck out of me for wanting to keep it about the topic only. And if churches or synagogues were advocating violence against Americans I would want them shut down too. But I'm sure you'll ignore that statement since you're only interested in trolling my comments rather than discussing the topic honestly.

Most mosques are not advocating violence against Americans. You do realize that don't you?

In post 183.

Most mosques are not advocating violence against Americans. You do realize that don't you?
How do you know, have you attended them?

I prefer shutting them down altogether. They're nothing but recruitment centers for terrorists. Islam advocates murder and those who teach it do the same, therefore it should be outlawed.

Here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's my opinion too! :thup:

In post 183.

You have no evidence, only fear mongered paranoia.

In post 183.

Have you?

Forum List

Back