Should wife abusers be armed?

The wives should be armed.... free of charge.

With a knife if nothing else....

tumblr_loi4tqTLK11qcushgo1_500.jpg

I dont' get this. Doesn't anyone ask why women are being abused? Or better yet if you are being abused...isn't the door unlocked and wide open? Why don't you just walk away? Must be a woman thing. A man wouldn't put up with it.

I don't see how someone loses their right to protect themselves just because they are complete @$$*#&#$.

I dont' get this. Doesn't anyone ask why women are being abused? Or better yet if you are being abused...isn't the door unlocked and wide open? Why don't you just walk away? Must be a woman thing. A man wouldn't put up with it.

It's not quite that simple, especially if the woman has kids with the person abusing her and doesn't have a job. She's financially tied to the man as the breadwinner, and if she leaves, she's gonna worry about the kids being left behind, so she has to bring them with her as well.

I lived that nightmare from age 5 - 8 when my mother went through it. The only way she was able to finally break free was to send myself and my sister up to live with my aunt Sandy and uncle Bill for around 8 months while she got divorced from him.

Human psychology can be a very odd topic sometimes.

Domestic abuse is all about power and control. Abusers isolate the victim from family and friends, control the money and threaten to kill themselves or others if the victim leaves.

Domestic abuse is all about power and control. Abusers isolate the victim from family and friends, control the money and threaten to kill themselves or others if the victim leaves.

That's not always the case. We probably shouldn't be generalizing abuse cases because every one is different.

Not so. I know some men who have been abused by their wives for years. Among the reasons they don't leave is that it would be embarrassing for their friends to find out they got beat up by a woman.

Oh brother did Obama's pander speech give you this idea?

If the abused wife had the right to own a gun it wouldn't matter if the abuser had one. He'd be dead.

Not so. I know some men who have been abused by their wives for years. Among the reasons they don't leave is that it would be embarrassing for their friends to find out they got beat up by a woman.

I was just about to point that out.

Do a search. You'll find that the numbers of men being physically abused is just about equal.

Not only that, there are other kinds of abuse besides physical and they're just as effective.

Its very easy to judge a man or a woman who stays with an abuser but try living with it before you say you know what you're talking about.

Any way you look at this, adding weapons of any kind does not help.

And, it has nothing at all to do with any real or perceived 2nd amendment "right".

Oh brother did Obama's pander speech give you this idea?

If the abused wife had the right to own a gun it wouldn't matter if the abuser had one. He'd be dead.

Maybe. Maybe not. Every case and person is different.

Any way you look at this, adding weapons of any kind does not help.

And, it has nothing at all to do with any real or perceived 2nd amendment "right".

How can you say it doesn't help? It may not help in every case, but a weapon, of any kind is a tool. It depends on the person who holds the tool to determine whether it's helpful or not.

Forum List

Back