Should wife abusers be armed?

If the abuser knew the woman had a gun wouldn't he be less likely to abuse?

Hahahahaaa.....The abuser would very likely try to get it away from her, then turn it around and use it on her. That's why they are called abusers.

How can you say it doesn't help? It may not help in every case, but a weapon, of any kind is a tool. It depends on the person who holds the tool to determine whether it's helpful or not.

Quick question sportcheck................where's she gonna stash the weapon so that her abuser doesn't find it if she's STILL LIVING WITH HIM??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And................even if she does find a place to store the weapon, is it going to be readily available to her the next time she starts to be abused? Got news for you, as a person who lived with an abusive stepfather for 3 years from age 5 to 8, the abuser is going to know EXACTLY what the abusee is doing 24/7, because control is part of their game.

Might wanna try turning on your brain sometime.

So you're trying to tell me she couldnt find a place to hide a gun in her home? Thats laughable.
And as far as being readily available...obviously he doesnt beat beat on her 24-7 for Christ sake. I'd be willing to bet she's seen it often enough to know when he's going start shit.
At that point she should go to the laundry room(because you can bet he's never seen the inside of it)and grab her pistol.
Story over....

Would that the story was over then.

But in actuality, she'll probably go to prison, losing her kids in the process.

I understand you doubt that because it seems to obvviously unfair.

But yeah, that's pretty typically what happens to women who kill their tormentors.

Sucks doesn't it?

Quick question sportcheck................where's she gonna stash the weapon so that her abuser doesn't find it if she's STILL LIVING WITH HIM??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And................even if she does find a place to store the weapon, is it going to be readily available to her the next time she starts to be abused? Got news for you, as a person who lived with an abusive stepfather for 3 years from age 5 to 8, the abuser is going to know EXACTLY what the abusee is doing 24/7, because control is part of their game.

So you're trying to tell me she couldnt find a place to hide a gun in her home? Thats laughable.
And as far as being readily available...obviously he doesnt beat beat on her 24-7 for Christ sake. I'd be willing to bet she's seen it often enough to know when he's going start shit.
At that point she should go to the laundry room(because you can bet he's never seen the inside of it)and grab her pistol.
Story over....

Would that the story was over then.

But in actuality, she'll probably go to prison, losing her kids in the process.

I understand you doubt that because it seems to obvviously unfair.

But yeah, that's pretty typically what happens to women who kill their tormentors.

Sucks doesn't it?

If she's all beat to shit when the cops show up she wont be doing any jail time,at least not where I live.

How can you say it doesn't help? It may not help in every case, but a weapon, of any kind is a tool. It depends on the person who holds the tool to determine whether it's helpful or not.

Story over....

Never said she couldn't find a place to hide the weapon, I just told you that because of the paranoid nature of spouse abusers (and yeah............women do abuse men as well), they would eventually find the weapon.

As far as not being beat 24/7? You're right. However.................you never know what is gonna set off the abuser. It may be that the eggs are too runny, maybe it's because the shades let in too much sunlight, possibly even it is that the kids are being too loud (and yeah, those are examples out of my childhood). Since you never know when they will set off, how can you be sure you're going to be able to reach the weapon in time to stop the abuse (or even possible death)?

As far as the laundry room scenario, wanna hear something funny? My stepfather got drunk one night and stuffed me in the dryer, just because he thought it would be cool to watch.

Yeah..................right........................abusers never step into the laundry room.

Try again asshole........................

Depends if they went through some kind of a rehabilitation program and was evaluated.

Also depends on the severity of the abuse and type of conviction.

Depends if they went through some kind of a rehabilitation program and was evaluated.

Exactly..............but..................just like an alcoholic can go through rehab and have a "slip" and start drinking again, can't a spouse abuser go through rehab and start beating their spouse again?

The question still remains......................should they be allowed to be armed after completing rehab?

Exactly..............but..................just like an alcoholic can go through rehab and have a "slip" and start drinking again, can't a spouse abuser go through rehab and start beating their spouse again?

The question still remains......................should they be allowed to be armed after completing rehab?

Sure, the wife then can decide for herself if chooses to stay with him. Personally, myself, if I were beaten and he had to serve time, it gives me the time to pack and leave, then I could careless if he is armed after he gets out.

Besides, if he's got anger issues afterwards and a gun needs to be withheld from him, who's to say he doesn't grab a knife? If he's going to abuse again, the problem isn't whether or not he has a gun.

Sure, the wife then can decide for herself if chooses to stay with him. Personally, myself, if I were beaten and he had to serve time, it gives me the time to pack and leave, then I could careless if he is armed after he gets out.

Like I said further up the thread, it's not always that easy.

My mother had a 7 year old son (me) and a 6 year old daughter (my sister) and no job. She had to call on her family to get us out of the picture while she went without and got a divorce.

Sometimes leaving isn't as easy as you may think. I lived it from age 5 until 8.

And........................watching it sucks...........................

My mother had a 7 year old son (me) and a 6 year old daughter (my sister) and no job. She had to call on her family to get us out of the picture while she went without and got a divorce.

Sometimes leaving isn't as easy as you may think. I lived it from age 5 until 8.

It's not as hard as you think either...I've helped women set up in facilities that house women, safe house if you will, it's just getting the information out that isn't always readily available or circulated.

It's not as hard as you think either...I've helped women set up in facilities that house women, safe house if you will, it's just getting the information out that isn't always readily available or circulated.

I've got news for you..............it's not as easy as you're trying to portray. I was a counselor in Newport RI for a couple of years, not only for abuse in it's various forms (alcohol, drugs, etc.), but I was also an advocate for battered women.

Quite a few of them don't know where to reach out to, because they're so afraid.

Wanna know why I did it? Because I lived through it at one time, and knew my experience would be valuable.

Keep trying slugger....................abused women don't have as many resources as you try to portray.

Should wives of wife abusers be armed?

I wondered how long before this totally ASSSSiine suggestion would be made.

How about the kids?

You wanna arm them too?

Maybe little Barbie-doll-pink rifles for the girls?

(Sorry syrenn. Leweman gets the DUMBEST POST AWARD. Better luck next time.)

Here's one for the girls.

hk47.jpg

Should wives of wife abusers be armed?

How about the kids?

You wanna arm them too?

hk47.jpg

So........................even on USMB you've sold us out to China.

Instead of the communist Hello Kitty, how about the American Barbie?

Like I said earlier, if the man has anger issues whether he has a gun or not isn't the issue. And if he is denied from ever owning a gun legally doesn't mean he won't find other means in getting one.

How about the kids?

You wanna arm them too?

hk47.jpg

So........................even on USMB you've sold us out to China.

Instead of the communist Hello Kitty, how about the American Barbie?

Ooh, forgot about that one. How about these?

mylittleponycarbine.jpg

Sep07252.jpg

My Little Pony and Tinkerbell?

Better........................but where are the Barbie Dreamhouse Gatling guns that fire 3,000 rpm?

I thought they'd be on the corners of the house where the bad guys would come from.

Better........................but where are the Barbie Dreamhouse Gatling guns that fire 3,000 rpm?

I thought they'd be on the corners of the house where the bad guys would come from.

Haven't see that yet, but they'll need to reload after shooting high cyclic rate gatling guns. What better than to use this Rainbow Brite reloading set?

rainbow-brite-ammo-loader.jpg

Haven't see that yet, but they'll need to reload after shooting high cyclic rate gatling guns. What better than to use this Rainbow Brite reloading set?

rainbow-brite-ammo-loader.jpg

If you're gonna shoot a Gatling gun with that high of a rpm, you should make an assembly line like what Henry Ford did in the early 1900's.

Takes a lot of ammo for a gun like that.

You're gonna need a LOT more reloading stations for that.

Forum List

Back