Should Women Be Drafted ?

If they have been approved for combat roles, and approved for all other roles, then yes they should be drafted along with men, should the draft ever return.

If they have been approved for combat roles, and approved for all other roles, then yes they should be drafted along with men, should the draft ever return.
Lucky thing, by the time we need a draft again, we won't need a draft, the ground war will be fought by these.
QinetiQ-robot-military-001.jpg

......btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?

Not a clue. I've been out awhile. I do know, under Obama's watch- two men can now openly suck each other's dicks on watch, so your question will have to go to someone who knows even more idiotic rules probably in place.

You going to give men an anti testosterone, anti-androgen, while in combat? Vasectomy? Male birth control pill? Prevent them from procreating?

Sex is a release in stressful situation like after combat. It is the same for men and women. Most women probably do choose to be on the pill, unless there are health issues. No birth control is full proof. Some women even choose to block their cycles with long term birth control.

How many of the posters have daughters?
I have six daughters. One is a baby and the other five range in age from 26 to 30.

I vehemently oppose the draft because I think it is a particularly atrocious form of slavery.

Why should women be any less than a man? Women are citizens and have every right and obligation to defend their country and protect their families.
Women serve in police and fire units. A women working in a 7-11 or just walking across a street could get killed.

Draft does not mean combat. They can be put in support positions or serve as MPs, or pilots, radio or radar, logistics, supply, medics.............................

When men were drafted during WWII, women took their place in factories back home. There are many ways of serving, not all have to be front line grunts.

I never thought twice about serving, but I spend many of my early years on an air base. I was tinkering with planes and flying since I was in school. Hangers and MFS were my playground. Women can be smarter, faster, more agile. Some are even as strong and have as much stamina if not more than many of the men. Marathons, iron man contests, women can do very well. Hunting, target shooting, even sniper training, women can be the equal of men.

Generally women are smaller and not as much muscle mass, but not always. Everyone has their skills and can serve in some capacity be it in the field or back at home.

......btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?

Not a clue. I've been out awhile. I do know, under Obama's watch- two men can now openly suck each other's dicks on watch, so your question will have to go to someone who knows even more idiotic rules probably in place.

You going to give men an anti testosterone, anti-androgen, while in combat? Vasectomy? Male birth control pill? Prevent them from procreating?

Sex is a release in stressful situation like after combat. It is the same for men and women. Most women probably do choose to be on the pill, unless there are health issues. No birth control is full proof. Some women even choose to block their cycles with long term birth control.

Didnt say they could nt have sex,,,,shouldnt be getting pregnant on duty.....they have an obligation to stay fit and able to perform just like their male counterparts,,,,

Enemies within countries can do that.
Women and men can be captured and used as slaves, and sexually abused. If the US was invaded, you think women back home would be safe?
There are many ways to serve beside combat. Women that go through basic or OCS are taught to defend them themselves and how to use arms.
Women have gone into combat situations and have a right to defend their country and their fellow servicemen.
Not every position requires a 100 lb pack for 12hr or more a day.
Women have lead armies, we have women generals, we have women in the field now.

If women are drafted, they will be put where they can do the most good. Maybe combat, maybe support.

Uh, guy, we haven't been in danger of invasion since 1812.

Draft will mean combat....only fool would think it wouldnt

Many positions in all branches are non-combat, that does not mean they won't be in danger.

There are supply or clerical positions but at home or close to field. Repair of vehicles and aircraft, electronics, medical staff for MASH units, clergy, moral, communications, translation, legal, even laundry and mess. Women can cook , clean and peel potatoes as well as man. They don't have to marching out there with a pack and rifle.

There are base jobs back home as well that need to be filled while the men are in the field. Even basic training and tech schools need to be staffed.

Many positions in all branches are non-combat, that does not mean they won't be in danger.

There are supply or clerical positions but at home or close to field. Repair of vehicles and aircraft, electronics, medical staff for MASH units, clergy, moral, communications, translation, legal, even laundry and mess. Women can cook , clean and peel potatoes as well as man. They don't have to marching out there with a pack and rifle.

There are base jobs back home as well that need to be filled while the men are in the field. Even basic training and tech schools need to be staffed.
I realize that.......generally though if you have a draft you are drafting to fill combat ranks......ergo under a draft women would be on the front line and your Army would suffer....

Enemies within countries can do that.
Women and men can be captured and used as slaves, and sexually abused. If the US was invaded, you think women back home would be safe?
There are many ways to serve beside combat. Women that go through basic or OCS are taught to defend them themselves and how to use arms.
Women have gone into combat situations and have a right to defend their country and their fellow servicemen.
Not every position requires a 100 lb pack for 12hr or more a day.
Women have lead armies, we have women generals, we have women in the field now.

If women are drafted, they will be put where they can do the most good. Maybe combat, maybe support.

Uh, guy, we haven't been in danger of invasion since 1812.

Pearl harbor, 9-11, terrorist infiltrating the US

Every radical/terrorist and illegal is an invasion. Drugs, gangs, smuggling, human trafficking..............

When men are in combat, women might be needed in guard units for natural disasters and security back home.

Drafted or not, women fill the gaps when men are fighting, in the field and at home.

It is our country and our military, why should women be called to serve?

I realize that.......generally though if you have a draft you are drafting to fill combat ranks......ergo under a draft women would be on the front line and your Army would suffer....

I considered myself an asset not a liability when I served. Drafted does not always mean front lines.

There are many reason a person might not be fit for drafting into combat or support services. If women are drafted, they will be put where they can do the most good.

Drafting will mean front lines using your own line of reasoning........no they will be put where they are needed as always happens with a draft

Lets start by saying there should be no draft at all.
If by some unfortunate circumstance there is a draft should women be drafted?
Absolutely not... In the 230+year old history of the US we haven't drafted women and it has worked out just fine

Last edited:

I considered myself an asset not a liability when I served. Drafted does not always mean front lines.

There are many reason a person might not be fit for drafting into combat or support services. If women are drafted, they will be put where they can do the most good.
And dont get me wrong, I am not disparaging the women who choose to serve...no doubt you were an asset....that was your choice, much different than grabbing the avg teen girl and saying you're a soldier now. Once you start drafting women there will be no way to keep them out of frontline units......

And dont get me wrong, I am not disparaging the women who choose to serve...no doubt you were an asset....that was your choice, much different than grabbing the avg teen girl and saying you're a soldier now. Once you start drafting women there will be no way to keep them out of frontline units......

With a draft, they would still have to pass the physicals and basic training, and it necessary tech school.

Women that don't meet the requirements can be rejected.

With a draft, they would still have to pass the physicals and basic training, and it necessary tech school.

Women that don't meet the requirements can be rejected.
Please...do you know what the failure rate would be....you dont have time for games like that,,,monetary waste would sap money from alrdy stretched defense budget

Forum List

Back