Should Women Be Drafted ?

Now when the woman is possibly sent home....does the enemy get to keep the child...or is that child...technically a U.S. citizen....an issue......and how complicated do we want this to become?
Born to an American woman makes you an American.

And if they won't let the child go since the rapist is one of their own..........? therefore having dual citizenship.....and technically a muslim.........right?

How many of the posters have daughters?
If you'll send your kids off to war, and potential death, that shouldn't matter, the box home is the same.
MilitaryCoffins.jpg
The aim is to get your Army dead....who knew

Unless the aim is to make sure they dont all come home in a box
That should always be the aim. Anything else is rather stupid.

The aim is to get your Army dead.....who knew
The aim is to not have any come home in boxes unless you absolutely have to. War should never be fought unnecessarily. You get things ISIS out of it when you do.

Now when the woman is possibly sent home....does the enemy get to keep the child...or is that child...technically a U.S. citizen....an issue......and how complicated do we want this to become?
Born to an American woman makes you an American.

And if they won't let the child go since the rapist is one of their own..........? therefore having dual citizenship.....and technically a muslim.........right?
Didn't know we only fought wars against Muslims and the children of war, with dual citizenship, isn't a new thing.

Well....for true equality they have to be draft eligible right?

Lefties...what say you? Is the military being racist by not requiring women to register for the draft?

Of course they should be available for draft. That's not to say they are all capable of combat though. If they meet the standards, sure, if not, then put them in non combat support rolls.

Mixed units do not perform as well as all male units..........why would you put the least best into a situation where lives can be lost?

I guess you didn't read what I actually said.

How many of the posters have daughters?
If you'll send your kids off to war, and potential death, that shouldn't matter, the box home is the same.
MilitaryCoffins.jpg

The aim is to not have any come home in boxes unless you absolutely have to. War should never be fought unnecessarily. You get things ISIS out of it when you do.

Thank you for making the case for not drafting them......btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?

Lefties...what say you? Is the military being racist by not requiring women to register for the draft?

Of course they should be available for draft. That's not to say they are all capable of combat though. If they meet the standards, sure, if not, then put them in non combat support rolls.

Mixed units do not perform as well as all male units..........why would you put the least best into a situation where lives can be lost?

Males shouldn't even fight the wars anymore! Enough of us have died and we should just sit back! ;)

Or maybe draft according to wealth. Start with the youth of the wealthiest first, getting drafted and trained for combat. Might be a disincentive against war, since our wars since ww2 have been for profit only. This includes the bush family middle east wars.

my problem with women in combat is that if we ever fight a real war where the enemy captures a lot of our side, these women are going to be abused by the enemy sexually. This is something the Russians found out in WWII and the Israelis found out during their various wars with the Arabs.

So if you are willing to accept that, no problem. Just don't be surprised when it happens.

I would also be in favor of a MANDATORY two year National Service for all Americans from age 18-20. Just allow options other than military service and no bullshit religious exemptions.

We should also have a requirement that the children of the 1%ers be put in an extra-special airborne unit that will be the first deployed to any war zone. betcha we never fight another war after that.

Enemies within countries can do that.
Women and men can be captured and used as slaves, and sexually abused. If the US was invaded, you think women back home would be safe?
There are many ways to serve beside combat. Women that go through basic or OCS are taught to defend them themselves and how to use arms.
Women have gone into combat situations and have a right to defend their country and their fellow servicemen.
Not every position requires a 100 lb pack for 12hr or more a day.
Women have lead armies, we have women generals, we have women in the field now.

If women are drafted, they will be put where they can do the most good. Maybe combat, maybe support.

......btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?

Not a clue. I've been out awhile. I do know, under Obama's watch- two men can now openly suck each other's dicks on watch, so your question will have to go to someone who knows even more idiotic rules probably in place.

...btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?
Because it isn't for men. Cannon fodder is still considered human, which is kind of dumb actually.
It is their duty to remain in condition to serve just like the men....should be no pregnancies occurring while enlisted...period.....end of story

I guess you didn't read what I actually said.

I did read your post......what part of mixed units not performing as well as all male units is in any way not directly responding to your post....

If they meet the standards,

Even if they meet the standards they do not perform in mixed units.....

my problem with women in combat is that if we ever fight a real war where the enemy captures a lot of our side, these women are going to be abused by the enemy sexually. This is something the Russians found out in WWII and the Israelis found out during their various wars with the Arabs.

So if you are willing to accept that, no problem. Just don't be surprised when it happens.

I would also be in favor of a MANDATORY two year National Service for all Americans from age 18-20. Just allow options other than military service and no bullshit religious exemptions.

We should also have a requirement that the children of the 1%ers be put in an extra-special airborne unit that will be the first deployed to any war zone. betcha we never fight another war after that.
There's been plenty of instances when women in the US military have been sexually abused by their fellow soldiers. No one will be surprised if the enemy behaves the same way, especially not the women.

What part of that post escaped you.....we are talking about a P.O.W. held for years who will possibly give birth to a child or more than one.......it adds a new layer of complication to war fighting that doesn't need to be there....
Actually, the inconvenient fact that women get pregnant and have babies is a valid question to raise, whether it is conception via rape or not. As far as the draft thing goes, I mean. Will the mother of a 2 year old or a 6 month old get drafted? What do you do with the kid? How does Israel handle it?

...btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?
Because it isn't for men. Cannon fodder is still considered human, which is kind of dumb actually.
It is their duty to remain in condition to serve just like the men....should be no pregnancies occurring while enlisted...period.....end of story
Works for me. Men should not be making babies either. You want soldiers with nothing to lose. The closer to robots that eat and shit and shoot, the better.

There's been plenty of instances when women in the US military have been sexually abused by their fellow soldiers. No one will be surprised if the enemy behaves the same way, especially not the women.

What part of that post escaped you.....we are talking about a P.O.W. held for years who will possibly give birth to a child or more than one.......it adds a new layer of complication to war fighting that doesn't need to be there....
Actually, the inconvenient fact that women get pregnant and have babies is a valid question to raise, whether it is conception via rape or not. As far as the draft thing goes, I mean. Will the mother of a 2 year old or a 6 month old get drafted? What do you do with the kid? How does Israel handle it?

Here you go.....this might help...

The Obama Pentagon’s Disastrous Decision on Women in Combat, by The Editors, National Review

---------
Supporters of the decision to integrate combat units frequently point to the Israel Defense Forces as a model, but the IDF has in fact limited its gender integration. Units at the tip of the spear – those engaged in classic infantry combat – are all-male, and the IDF does not allow women to serve in tanks, because it found that women were less physically capable and that it was “problematic” for men and women to serve in close and confined quarters for days at a time.

------------------

MilitaryCoffins.jpg

Thank you for making the case for not drafting them......btw why isnt birth control pills mandatory for women in service and pregnancy result in dishonorable discharge......?
Not everyone can take the Pill--must take the word "pills" out of your question and it makes perfect sense.

More on Israel...

Women’s combat roles in Israel Defense Forces exaggerated, military traditionalists say

But a closer look shows Israeli women are not in direct combat special operations such as the Green Berets. Nor are they in front-line combat brigades mobilized to engage in direct heavy combat.

In the infantry, virtually all of Israel’s female combat soldiers are confined to two light battalions — the Caracal and the Lions of Jordan — which are assigned to guard the borders with Egypt and Jordan, the only Arab countries that have peace treaties with Israel.

“Uniformed Israeli women patrol the borders or help to train men for combat positions, but these important missions do not involve direct ground combat, meaning deliberate offensive action against the enemy,” said Elaine Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness. “None of America’s allies, much less potential adversaries, are treating women like men in the combat arms.”

Israeli women’s assignments are far more restrictive than the roles envisioned by advocates in the United States who anticipate an American military that opens all ground combat units to women, be they Navy SEALs or Army Green Berets or the Marine infantry or Army Brigade Combat Teams. All are deployed to engage in tough, close-in fighting for hours and days at a time.

Notice this part.....

which are assigned to guard the borders with Egypt and Jordan, the only Arab countries that have peace treaties with Israel.

Forum List

Back