SIAP:Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America

They do understand it, and it's driving them crazy.
Democrats are already starting to question the sanity of their party. lol
I’ve talked with several who won’t be voting for them in the upcoming elections. :)
When the economy is booming in 2020, do you imagine any of the Trump voters are going to choose some snowflake like Bernie of Kamila Harris?
I can see Trump being a two term president.
If he gets his wall and ends chain migration, he is a shoe-in to win in 2020.
I can see him getting help from the voters after the midterms. People aren’t happy with the resistance he’s been getting.
you expected dems to kiss his filthy ass?

Democrats are already starting to question the sanity of their party. lol
I’ve talked with several who won’t be voting for them in the upcoming elections. :)
When the economy is booming in 2020, do you imagine any of the Trump voters are going to choose some snowflake like Bernie of Kamila Harris?
I can see him getting help from the voters after the midterms. People aren’t happy with the resistance he’s been getting.
I expect dems to realize it isn't about Trump, it's about the country.

Stupid me, I know

Stupid me, I know
no gramps you're far from stupid imho ,,,just a little misled by this garbage in our wh Wasn't it about our country when Repubs sat on their hands under Obama for 8 years ?? We have 3 more to go

Stupid me, I know
no gramps you're far from stupid imho ,,,just a little misled by this garbage in our wh Wasn't it about our country when Repubs sat on their hands under Obama for 8 years ?? We have 3 more to go
You'll always be a village idiot. Just saying.

Idiot, you still do not get it, Apple will pay ZERO tax rate on profits that pay for these EXPENSES.

Apple doesn't build anything or hire anyone because they got a tax cut, they build it because they think it is good for their company.

And when were you the CEO of a major corporation, assclown?

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

Yea yea, we are going to swim in our free lunches :rolleyes:
You have to be a special kind of moron to believe that high taxes are the way to make the economy grow.

No dumbass, I'm a special kind that believes that taxes actualy have a budgetary purpose and are not there just so right wingers have something to bitch about.

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

You have to be a special kind of moron to believe that high taxes are the way to make the economy grow.

No dumbass, I'm a special kind that believes that taxes actualy have a budgetary purpose and are not there just so right wingers have something to bitch about.
I'll agree with you being 'special'. :)

I'm a special kind
That belongs in an Insane Asylum....
How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#10) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!

Can any Progs articulate why this is bad for America?

Be specific.

How are we all going to die because Apple will pay BILLIONS in taxes and bring 20,000 jobs to America.

How is that bad?

Great news for America. Those of us advocating for corporate tax breaks predicted this.

One would hope that the left would learn this lesson in economics from reality, but they won't. You can't fix stupid.

Apple’s current pace of spending in the United States is $55 billion for 2018, so it was already on track to spend $275 billion over the next five years. So the Trump fantasy after the $38 billion tax payment is subtracted, that leaves its new investment at roughly $37 billion over the next five years.

In reality Apple will wind up only paying about 8% tax rate after they deduct foreign taxes from the 15% repatriation rate. Yet Trump removed "our" ability to deduct SALT taxes here at home. So Apple was on track willing to pay $96 billion in taxes on $275 billion over the next five years, but the Great Negotiator now has them paying $28 billion on $350 billion.

Repubtard are gullible idiots. If all that "extra" tax money they believe is flowing in, then why does Trump need to increase the debt limit to borrow more? The truth is less is coming in & fewer jobs created. Why does the USA now have a Million Fewer Jobs since Trumps Budget in September added Government employees?

Idiot, you still do not get it, Apple will pay ZERO tax rate on profits that pay for these EXPENSES.

Apple doesn't build anything or hire anyone because they got a tax cut, they build it because they think it is good for their company.

What a simpleton you truly are. The foreign money will add to the US Treasury when it’s repatriated but it’s not going to raises or expansion.

Corporations are already awash in cash, and there will be a big dividend for shareholders in the repatriation, but what is going to happen is the corporations are going to buy back their own stock with this cash.

One would hope that the left would learn this lesson in economics from reality, but they won't. You can't fix stupid.

What lesson is that? The republicans just put us trillions in debt so that the richest companies on the planet can get out of paying taxes?

What lesson is that? The republicans just put us trillions in debt so that the richest companies on the planet can get out of paying taxes?

I see you failed the lesson. Not surprising at all. That’s why you say stupid things.

Personally, i think they should have lowered the Corporate Tax Rate more. But still, 35% to 21% was a good cut. It should have been done years ago. So good on Trump. :thup:

Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas cash, says it will 'contribute' $350 billion to the economy over 5 years

MORE BAD NEWS FOR PROGS.....APPLE REPATRIATING $350 BILLION.....that's alot of taxes at 21%.

Sorry the economy is doing well, Progs. It sucks, i know. More people working and those people keeping more fo their money is BAD FOR PROGS.

Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy.

The headline from Apple is that it will "contribute" $350 billion in the U.S. economy over the next five years, although it's unclear exactly how the company came to that number.

But the company did say promise to create 20,000 new jobs and a new campus thanks, in part, to the prospect of tax reform. It said it would spend over $30 billion in capital expenditures over the next five years.

It also said it anticipates a $38 billion tax bill for repatriated cash, as a result of the new tax bill. This implies it will bring back virtually all of its $250 billion in overseas cash.
Or, how the right wing treats the rich.

Why not threaten them with jail time or deny and disparage them, steak and lobster privileges, like they do with the poor.

I see you failed the lesson. Not surprising at all. That’s why you say stupid things.

That's no answer. We're already in debt. Something republicans constantly complain about. Now they put us deeper in debt on the assumption that this tax giveaway will somehow get us out of debt and make America great again or whatever.

Forum List

Back