Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
Yerh but the OP Is about winning the war irrespective of the reasons or personalities involved!

Exactly.

The War is won.

24 voted we LOST the war in Iraq, a view that is totally divorced from reality.

They only wished and hoped for a loss.

Y'all might have better luck rooting against the US in Afghanistan.

I hope the left fails and the US succeeds there as well

... regardless of the political affiliation of the current C-in-C.

If Iraq Vets said it was a huge mistake to go there and we lost you would just accuse them of being whiners or unPatriotic. Your position is based not on information but simply a Bullho
rn chair.

Oh, and this approach of trying to say those who don't support the war also don't support our troops is rather moldy. Got anything new or just more useless emotional strings?

If the troops didn't win the war, who did?

Quit sobbing over victory, all is not lost...there's still a war you can help to lose.

(Edit) P.S.- I am a Vet...I speak to soldiers face to face and the vast majority believes in the mission in Iraq and believe this war is won.

Last edited:
What fantasy did you learn this one from?
Never mind. I see you are a nutjob. Keep on at it.

This is merely a factoid.

Sites to visit includes GlobalResearch.ca - Centre for Research on Globalization

Articles:

1. Carola Hoyos and Kevin Morrison, ‘Iraq returns to international oil market’, Financial Times, June 5 2003, FT.com | Error | Page No Longer Available

2. Kazi Mahmood, ‘Economic Shift Could Hurt U.S.-British Interests In Asia’, March 30 2003, IslamOnline.net

3. Shahanaaz Habib, ‘Use euro for oil prices, says Dr M’, The Star, June 16 2003, http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2003/6/17/nation/sboil&sec=nation

4. Reuters, ‘EU says oil could one day be priced in euros’, June 16 2003, http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030616/energy_euro_2.html

5. C. Shivkumar, ‘Iran offers oil to Asian union on easier terms’, June 16 2003, http://thehindubusinessline.com/stories/2003061702380500.htm

Also visit General Clark's url: Cause of Iraq War--gen. William Clark

I have oodles to back this remark. Counter your statement if you dare. Otherwise, banters of such ilks is utterly IGNORED BY ME as I find them utterly banal and it shamefully characterizes your personal of lacking in intelligence and it great dire need of a serious overhaul, but LOBOTOMIZED - sorry, you're hosed.

url is given above as I shall extrapolate General's Clark Summary:

...."Summary

Although completely unreported by the U.S. media and government, the answer to the

Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is in large part an oil currency war. One of the

core reasons for this upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further

Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) momentum towards the

euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to pre-empt OPEC, they

need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its 2nd largest proven oil reserves.

The second coalescing factor that is driving the Iraq war is the quiet acknowledgement

by respected oil geologists and possibly this administration is the impending

phenomenon known as Global "Peak Oil." This is projected to occur around 2010, with

Iraq and Saudi Arabia being the final two nations to reach peak oil production. The issue

of Peak Oil has been added to the scope of this essay, along with the macroeconomics of

`petrodollar recycling' and the unpublicized but genuine challenge to U.S. dollar

hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency. The author advocates

graduated reform of the global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency

`trading band' with reserve status parity, a dual OPEC oil transaction standard, and

multilateral treaties via the UN regarding energy reform. Such reforms could potentially

reduce future oil currency and oil warfare. The essay ends with a reflection and critique

of current US economic and foreign policies. What happens in the 2004 US elections

will have a large impact on the 21st century."

(One more thing, I don't give A F#$%KING RATS ASS what you people THINK ABOUT ME, it's the message that I attempt to share that is IMPORTANT, at least to me and to those who are concern about the future. So you can give me a minus 10,000 and I shall take that as a compliment) :banned03:

Exactly.

The War is won.

Y'all might have better luck rooting against the US in Afghanistan.

I hope the left fails and the US succeeds there as well

If Iraq Vets said it was a huge mistake to go there and we lost you would just accuse them of being whiners or unPatriotic. Your position is based not on information but simply a Bullho
rn chair.

Oh, and this approach of trying to say those who don't support the war also don't support our troops is rather moldy. Got anything new or just more useless emotional strings?

Quit sobbing over victory, all is not lost...there's still a war you can help to lose.

(Edit) P.S.- I am a Vet...I speak to soldiers face to face and the vast majority believes in the mission in Iraq and believe this war is won.

The only winners are those who are profiting.

rn chair.

Which would seem to be the Iraqis:
Iraq's economy is dominated by the oil sector, which has traditionally provided about 95% of foreign exchange earnings. Although looting, insurgent attacks, and sabotage have undermined economy rebuilding efforts, economic activity is beginning to pick up in areas recently secured by the US military surge. Oil exports are around levels seen before Operation Iraqi Freedom, and total government revenues have benefited from high oil prices. Despite political uncertainty, Iraq is making some progress in building the institutions needed to implement economic policy and has negotiated a debt reduction agreement with the Paris Club and a new Stand-By Arrangement with the IMF. Iraq has received pledges for $13.5 billion in foreign aid for 2004-07 from outside of the US, more than $33 billion in total pledges. The International Compact with Iraq was established in May 2007 to integrate Iraq into the regional and global economy, and the Iraqi government is seeking to pass laws to strengthen its economy. This legislation includes a hydrocarbon law to establish a modern legal framework to allow Iraq to develop its resources and a revenue sharing law to equitably divide oil revenues within the nation, although both are still bogged down in discussions. The Central Bank has been successful in controlling inflation through appreciation of the dinar against the US dollar. Reducing corruption and implementing structural reforms, such as bank restructuring and developing the private sector, will be key to Iraq's economic success.
GDP:
$102.4 billion (2007 est.)
GDP growth rate:
5.9%
GDP per capita:
$3,700
A 5.9% growth rate in GDP is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe Obama could learn a thing or two about growth from Iraq.

Iraq's economy is dominated by the oil sector, which has traditionally provided about 95% of foreign exchange earnings. Although looting, insurgent attacks, and sabotage have undermined economy rebuilding efforts, economic activity is beginning to pick up in areas recently secured by the US military surge. Oil exports are around levels seen before Operation Iraqi Freedom, and total government revenues have benefited from high oil prices. Despite political uncertainty, Iraq is making some progress in building the institutions needed to implement economic policy and has negotiated a debt reduction agreement with the Paris Club and a new Stand-By Arrangement with the IMF. Iraq has received pledges for $13.5 billion in foreign aid for 2004-07 from outside of the US, more than $33 billion in total pledges. The International Compact with Iraq was established in May 2007 to integrate Iraq into the regional and global economy, and the Iraqi government is seeking to pass laws to strengthen its economy. This legislation includes a hydrocarbon law to establish a modern legal framework to allow Iraq to develop its resources and a revenue sharing law to equitably divide oil revenues within the nation, although both are still bogged down in discussions. The Central Bank has been successful in controlling inflation through appreciation of the dinar against the US dollar. Reducing corruption and implementing structural reforms, such as bank restructuring and developing the private sector, will be key to Iraq's economic success.
GDP:
GDP growth rate:
5.9%
GDP per capita:
$3,700
A 5.9% growth rate in GDP is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe Obama could learn a thing or two about growth from Iraq.

We've been killing and hurting people in Iraq for 19 straight years and you want to say they are the winners? You're also either very ignorant or very dishonest to reference the GDP structure without taking into account obvious important factors.

GDP:
GDP growth rate:
5.9%
GDP per capita:
$3,700

We've been killing and hurting people in Iraq for 19 straight years and you want to say they are the winners? You're also either very ignorant or very dishonest to reference the GDP structure without taking into account obvious important factors.

What important factor is that? That it contradicts your entire view of the situation?
And we were pikers compared to what Saddam did.

GDP:
GDP growth rate:
5.9%
GDP per capita:
$3,700

And Saddam was killing and hurting people in Iraq for over 25 years. At least we have turned their government over to them and for the first time in history they are actually free to decide for themselves what they want in their country. As a people.

And Saddam was killing and hurting people in Iraq for over 25 years. At least we have turned their government over to them and for the first time in history they are actually free to decide for themselves what they want in their country. As a people.

We killed and injured far far far far more people than Saddam. Do you see the problem? If you want to justify invading iraq based on saddam killing iraqis then you must advocate a nation invades and occupies america. Or were the iraqis we killed somehow less dead than those saddam killed?

As for claiming we gave iraq to iraqis......huh? You can't be serious. First of all you have to know we are not letting iraq do anything without approval. Second, how the hell can you claim they are free while a foreign military occupation is up their ass?

The real kicker? Claiming iraq is free for the first time. Apparently you are not aware this is the first time Iraq has had a Constitution with democratic elections.

What important factor is that? That it contradicts your entire view of the situation?
And we were pikers compared to what Saddam did.

First of all your citing numbers that are suspect since they are derived from US controlled sources. But, let's say those numbers are accurate. Why gloat and give false credit? Iraq's GDP was perpetually stifled by the US driven UN Sanctions. We removed the sanctions which increased commerce and you ignore that obvious piece just to fluff up?

A 5.9% growth rate in a global recession is phenomenal. You are merely carping. Again.
Get over it, your side lost and America won.

TOTAL F'ING bullshit. Support of the TROOPS has NOTHING to do with support of the leaders who put them there.

Yerh but the OP Is about winning the war irrespective of the reasons or personalities involved!

Exactly.

The War is won.

They may have better luck rooting against the US in Afghanistan.

I hope the left fails and the US succeeds there as well...

Well if putting Iraq under the same rulling religious type of laws that IRAN has then surely we "won". If putting the MAJORITY into power over the MINORITY then we "won". If Iraq turns into a BLOOD BATH of Shia VS Sunni the second we leave is then that is a "win". The FACT is that these opposing sects of Islam have been waring for a MILLENIA and if you think we did ANYTHING but to DESTABILIZE the region then you know NOTHING about the ME. The FACT is that as sick a fuck as Saddam was he kept Iraq from self imploding. Why do you think GHW Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld didn't take Saddam out in GWI? You just answer that one little question.

Yeah and we SUPPORTED Saddam for 25 years. Does that make us complicant in the slaughter the Iraqi Kurds? Did you know that during GWII that the CIA was arming the Norther Kurds and giving them intel to overthrow Saddam? Did you know that after GWI we left the Kurds with their dicks hanging out. We ABANDONED THEM!!

Exactly.

The War is won.

They may have better luck rooting against the US in Afghanistan.

I hope the left fails and the US succeeds there as well...

Well if putting Iraq under the same rulling religious type of laws that IRAN has then surely we "won". If putting the MAJORITY into power over the MINORITY then we "won". If Iraq turns into a BLOOD BATH of Shia VS Sunni the second we leave is then that is a "win". The FACT is that these opposing sects of Islam have been waring for a MILLENIA and if you think we did ANYTHING but to DESTABILIZE the region then you know NOTHING about the ME. The FACT is that as sick a fuck as Saddam was he kept Iraq from self imploding. Why do you think GHW Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld didn't take Saddam out in GWI? You just answer that one little question.

Are you still beating this dead horse? Face facts, the U.S. won, Saddam lost, the Iraqis are much better off today than they were under Saddam, the world is a lot safer, and America commands more respect (or did until BO started apologizing for our success) in that region.
Sorry if that makes you unhappy. Maybe al Jazeera has a discussion board or something.

WE WON NOTHING YOU FOOL! When Iraq goes up in flames it will be due to OUR intervention in their INTERNAL politics. The blood of the minority will be on OUR hands!
1196846773_the_end_is_near_web.jpg

We killed and injured far far far far more people than Saddam. Do you see the problem? If you want to justify invading iraq based on saddam killing iraqis then you must advocate a nation invades and occupies america. Or were the iraqis we killed somehow less dead than those saddam killed?

As for claiming we gave iraq to iraqis......huh? You can't be serious. First of all you have to know we are not letting iraq do anything without approval. Second, how the hell can you claim they are free while a foreign military occupation is up their ass?

The real kicker? Claiming iraq is free for the first time. Apparently you are not aware this is the first time Iraq has had a Constitution with democratic elections.

War is hell, actual combat is a Mother..........
People die in a war. Bush and Rumsfeld had a perfect plan for taking Iraq. And it did work almost flawlessly. It was the occupation and insurgency where they screwed it up.
And Iraq has had 2 elections or more, I suppose you think we fixed those too. They wrote their own constitution.

Yes they have a constitution and democratic elections, For the first time ever. Freedom and Liberty. Just as I said.

And as far as our troops, well we are still in Germany and they don't seem to mind so much. Though over half the troops we had in Germany in 1991 are no longer there. The barracks and housing areas were turned over to the German Government who made them into slums for Turks and what not.

We will leave iraq when the time is right (I hope) and not a minute before.

Yeah and we SUPPORTED Saddam for 25 years. Does that make us complicant in the slaughter the Iraqi Kurds? Did you know that during GWII that the CIA was arming the Norther Kurds and giving them intel to overthrow Saddam? Did you know that after GWI we left the Kurds with their dicks hanging out. We ABANDONED THEM!!

Actually , yes I did know all this and more. That doesn't mean I supported it. I retired in 93 and this was part of the reason I retired when I did.

Forum List

Back