since gun sales are soaring maybe remington will do well and be able cover

All those bullshit lawsuits over sandy hook.
What kind of dumbass thinks a manufacturer is liable for what a crazy person does with their tools?
If i ever get attacked with a hammer, i am going to sue Stanley.
If i ever get hit by a drunk driver, i am going to sue chevy amd Jim Beam.
Do you idiots ever think about what your bedwetting is doing to society?
Guns have no purpose but to kill. That's why.
No shit.
Can you actually answer the question?
I worked for lawyers for awhile, so I'm not surprised about manufacturers being named in personal injury suits. It happens pretty routinely, although they are very rarely actually held liable. You would have to ask a lawyer for the "official" answer, but "deep pockets" is the actual answer.

I do see more sense in suing Remington than Stanley, though, since guns are manufactured to kill. Hammers are not.

Although I don't remember what exactly this is about, I read somewhere that it is to pressure gun manufacturers to put some kind of safety thingy on their guns? I don't remember exactly.
Gee I guess I and millions of other gun owners are using their guns for the wrong purpose.

The Leftists would prefer if everyone armed themselves with something else....like a feather boa or whatever :rolleyes-41:

So would the home invaders, not that their not one and the same.

All those bullshit lawsuits over sandy hook.
What kind of dumbass thinks a manufacturer is liable for what a crazy person does with their tools?
If i ever get attacked with a hammer, i am going to sue Stanley.
If i ever get hit by a drunk driver, i am going to sue chevy amd Jim Beam.
Do you idiots ever think about what your bedwetting is doing to society?
Guns have no purpose but to kill. That's why.
No shit.
Can you actually answer the question?
I worked for lawyers for awhile, so I'm not surprised about manufacturers being named in personal injury suits. It happens pretty routinely, although they are very rarely actually held liable. You would have to ask a lawyer for the "official" answer, but "deep pockets" is the actual answer.

I do see more sense in suing Remington than Stanley, though, since guns are manufactured to kill. Hammers are not.

Although I don't remember what exactly this is about, I read somewhere that it is to pressure gun manufacturers to put some kind of safety thingy on their guns? I don't remember exactly.
So purpose makes them liable? Thats silly.
What about hunting knives then?
Do you not see how ridiculous this notion is?

No wonder Sears is going under, look at the number of hammers they sold!

If a gun manufacturer floods a high crime area with guns, do you think they have no responsibility for what follows?
I don't think gunmakers sell to the public. Dealers with federal licenses sell new firearms. I once bought a new handgun at a gunshow, but that was before any background checks, and the seller was a professional gun seller. I think background checks should apply to gunshow sales.

Your friend who shoots his floor needs to be on youtube. (-:
They do if they are licensed. I believe the only guns sold at a gun show that do not have BCs are private transfers.
I haven't been to a gunshow in years. I don't have any problem with them. I just haven't had the time to waste. I don't see that it'd be a great imposition on private sales to have a dealer "broker" a private sale. For a few bucks, run the check and hold the firearm pending the result, and it the seller gets either the purchase price or the gun back.

The shits who shot up Columbine got somebody to buy them a gun at a gunshow.

If a gun manufacturer floods a high crime area with guns, do you think they have no responsibility for what follows?
I don't think gunmakers sell to the public. Dealers with federal licenses sell new firearms. I once bought a new handgun at a gunshow, but that was before any background checks, and the seller was a professional gun seller. I think background checks should apply to gunshow sales.

They do if they are licensed. I believe the only guns sold at a gun show that do not have BCs are private transfers.
I haven't been to a gunshow in years. I don't have any problem with them. I just haven't had the time to waste. I don't see that it'd be a great imposition on private sales to have a dealer "broker" a private sale. For a few bucks, run the check and hold the firearm pending the result, and it the seller gets either the purchase price or the gun back.

Wow,it should be illegal to buy a weapon to give to someone else. Oh, and there should be a law that people under 18 can’t own guns.

Honestly, im torn on the private sell checks thingymabob
For instance, i will be giving my son a rifle handed down from 3 generations. Must i do a BC on him when he starts hunting? What if my brother that doesnt exist wants one of my handguns? Why must i pay 100 bucks to have his background ran?
Do we get to call in the checks? Or must we pay a dealer on TOP of the charge for the check?
As i said, torn.

Would you care to point out anything that wasn't true?

The NRA does not lie to boost gun sales.

----------------------------------------- all the regular gun owner and gun news follower has to do is watch the NEWS to see whats going on . To the extent that NRA reports the 'hogg' and other events in the news , well , good for them Bulldog .

You do know fox isn't news, don't you? It's just opinion.

Look it up

How about you do your work instead, putting in maximum effort instead of sending me on a wild goose chase?
I was on my phone. Its a simple google. But you are a leftist and expect someone else to wipe your ass.
Sandy Hook gun lawsuit gets its day in Connecticut Supreme Court - CNN
Sorry for the fake news website :D
That lawsuit is a bunch of horseshit.

From the article:
"The plaintiffs' attorneys appealed to the state's Supreme Court, arguing for an exemption to the act through a claim of "negligent entrustment." They argue that Remington knowingly marketed and sold the AR-15 to a particularly vulnerable group of young men. They also believe the sale of the gun to civilians is negligent because it is primarily "designed for our armed forces and engineered to deliver maximum carnage."

The fact that there is even a need for federal legislation protecting gun manufacturers from these types of lawsuits, and that such an exemption is even necessary, is reason for all-out civil war. The argument above assumes a theory of liability that is completely contrary to general tort concepts in American jurisprudence.

Furthermore, Connecticut has basically "virtually adopted" the position taken in the Restatement (Second) or Torts on Negligent Entrustment. See Angione v. Bloom FindLaw's Superior Court of Connecticut case and opinions.

"One who supplies directly or through a third person a chattel for the use of another whom the supplier knows or has reason to know to be likely because of his youth, inexperience, or otherwise, to use it in a manner involving unreasonable risk of physical harm to himself and others whom the supplier should expect to share in or be endangered by its use, is subject to liability for physical harm resulting to them."

That requires direct knowledge of the specific individual who was supplied the chattel. It was NEVER intended to impute knowledge onto a manufacturer in an attempt to circumvent proper tort theories, such as product liability. The tort of negligent entrustment requires constructive control by the supplier. No manufacturer can control who is entrusted with the use of its products without having direct control over the intermediate suppliers, including the shooter's mother.

Even FURTHER, the exclusion under The Act is for a "seller" or "dealer" not a manufacturer under federal gun laws and under the statute.

Remington should be awarded attorney's fees for having to defend such a frivolous lawsuit that obviously has no basis in law or fact.0

For instance, i will be giving my son a rifle handed down from 3 generations. Must i do a BC on him when he starts hunting? What if my brother that doesnt exist wants one of my handguns? Why must i pay 100 bucks to have his background ran?
Do we get to call in the checks? Or must we pay a dealer on TOP of the charge for the check?
As i said, torn.
I don't see any point in background checks for in family stuff. However, there is maybe the potential for a victim to sue someone who gave a weapon to family member who was obviously dangerous. I've known several people who "owned" hunting rifles for relatives who had been convicted of drug crimes.

Really, all society can hope for with background checks is that it makes it more difficult for a person who has a violent history or is planning a crime to get a weapon. Checks might give them a moment to pause. But imo those opposing background checks are right that if a person is committed to doing a violent deed, they will do it.

Wow,it should be illegal to buy a weapon to give to someone else. Oh, and there should be a law that people under 18 can’t own guns.
So you can't buy someone a gun for their birthday?

As i said, torn.
Costs $31 in Maine.

So you can't buy someone a gun for their birthday?

It should be called a “straw purchase” and illegal. How dare people believe they should be free to dispose of their private property without the State’s permission.

Mexico has invaded via Illegal Immigration, half of California is now effectively Mexico, you have 11 million Illegal Invaders.

The Mexican government isn't sending people across the border...those people are being brought here by folks like Trump who give them work visas, then they overstay those visas.
Trump is sending the military to the the border to stop them. it's very doubtful you have any idea what you are talking about.

Here's a great sign we should see more of.

16463775_G.png

Would you care to point out anything that wasn't true?

The NRA does not lie to boost gun sales.

Sure they do . They make obama a boogeyman . “The black guy coming for your guns “.

Truth is obama was as hands off guns as you get from a dem prez. Until sandy hook happened .

Essentially, and I'll say this gently, he knew he would have been politically lynched had he pursued his preferred path for gun control.

His minions doing it is one thing. He would have been quite another.

Gun manufacturers don't flood anyplace with guns

All guns from a manufacturer are sold to dealers who hold Federal Firearms Licenses who then sell the guns to the public in accordance with the laws of their state.

Law abiding citizens are not supplying guns to criminals.

Yes they are. 230,000 guns are stolen from "responsible gun owners" and "law abiding citizens" every year. In fact, in the time it took me to write this response another 2 or 3 guns have just been stolen.

Criminals only get their guns from "responsible gun owners". Guns don't "fall off a truck", nor do they magically appear in the hands of criminals out of thin air. Any gun a criminal gets was once a gun that a "responsible gun owner" either lost, had stolen, or sold to someone shady because they needed the money.

How do you get a gun being stolen ( a crime by the way) to be equivalent with supplying guns?

It doesn't compute.

Gun manufacturers don't flood anyplace with guns

All guns from a manufacturer are sold to dealers who hold Federal Firearms Licenses who then sell the guns to the public in accordance with the laws of their state.
http://content.thirdway.org/publica...me_-_High_Crime_Gun_Stores_Fuel_Criminals.pdf

Because shit happens.

And you can't take care of yourself with anything else other than a gun if shit happens? You're telling me you're so weak mentally and physically that a gun is the only thing that can provide you with security? Is that the argument you want to make? That you're completely helpless as a person unless you have a gun?

I have a very small chance of my house burning down but I still carry insurance for just such an occasion.

Actually, fires in the home are pretty common. And yes, you have insurance. Do you have insurance on your guns? No. So what point are you trying to make?

Why should I not use the very best self defense tool available, a gun?
I can handle myself pretty well but there's always someone who can beat you and what if there is more than one person from whom I must defend myself or my wife?

And house fires resulting in total losses are less common than murders where I live

Forum List

Back