Since when does the president get to force churches to open?

“Since when does the president get to force churches to open?”

He doesn’t.

Trump is being an ignorant idiot – yet again.

As for Trump’s supporters: so much for conservatives being ‘advocates’ of states’ rights.
The president swore an oath to uphold, defend and preserve the US constitution. That includes the 1st amendment right of the people to peaceably assemble. eg. go to church services.

There is no cure for the common cold. There is no treatment for the common cold. Most people get over a cold in a few days. Some people will get a secondary infection and die.

Just like this flu.
Covid-19 is not the flu. The flu is caused by an influenza virus. Covid-19 is caused by the Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2. (SARS Cov-2).

Furthermore, no secondary infection is necessary for it to kill you. It directly infects and destroys type-2 pneumocytes and various other cells that have ACE2 receptors. It sets off a cytokine storm and you drown in your own body fluids.

Bottom line: You don't know jack shit.

Last edited:
“Since when does the president get to force churches to open?”

He doesn’t.

Trump is being an ignorant idiot – yet again.

As for Trump’s supporters: so much for conservatives being ‘advocates’ of states’ rights.
Shut it idiot.
Many churches and businesses are defying the govenors before any statement by Trump.
See above posts and links. I know you won't as the cheap drive by poster that you are.
Trump isn't forcing shit, people are deciding what is right for their situation.
Unsurprisingly, Trump supporters are just as ignorant as Trump.

No president has the authority to compel states and local jurisdictions to do anything.

And the right’s hypocrisy concerning “states’ rights” is palpable.

Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors
Supposed to be subordinate to the President of the United States, but aren't.
As with a lot of things, you've got the Church shutdown thing backwards.
Some of those churches have a business meeting with a board of directors, Robert's Rules of Order, ballot slips for perfunctory votes and the whole kit and kaboodle.

The church board members are just as likely to sit simultaneously on the school board, city assembly, county board of commissioners etc. as "cross stakeholders."

They've been getting away with it too long. There's a "home church" or a parish or a borough or a canton, and the county board members or health commisioners etc. are running the church as an adjunct to the vice district straight out of City Hall through a corrupt courthouse.

All the more shame on those churches if they can't open up to serve the congregation per Trump's orders, or shut down in an orderly manner to dispose of the church's corporate assets without fraud or embezzlement.
OK so you are saying that churches are businesses and to some extent I agree with you. So tax them, but stop shutting them down because they have a Constitutional right to assemble.

This is America. We're supposed to be in church on Sunday mornings and if it's a 3 day weekend we're supposed to have a BBQ with our friends and family.

You're in russia at one of the troll farms.

Which is why you believe such 1950s garbage.

No one is supposed to be in church or anywhere. People are supposed to be where they want to be. You may not be familiar with freedom but that's freedom. Being able to choose the direction of your life freely.

If someone chooses to be in a church fine. If people choose not to that's fine too.

As for the bbq with friends and family some do that too but no one is supposed to.

Stop telling us Americans how we're supposed to live and tend to your own sad life.

By the way, how's the weather in moscow today comrade?

Last edited:
What happened to the first amendment?

What happened to you, dropped on your head at birth, hatched whatever?
A lot of people in his demograph tend to suffer from fetal alcohol spectrum disorder because of black womens' tendency to ignore the surgeon general's warning against drinking while pregnant. It causes permanent brain damage to the offspring.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.

Coming from the blob who admits to grabbing women by their genitals, such an edict about religion is laughable. It gets more hilarious if you read the language. How anyone who claims to be a Christian supports this disgusting pervert underscores just how laughable the belief in a supreme being is.

Its throwing a bone to the religious right who are just self-deluded enough to buy the ploy as sincere.

If you don't want to go to church, DON'T.

But like Ike and the school kids in Little Rock, he'll send the army if necessary to protect churchgoers from the liberal mobs.

That'll really go over big with the morons who scream about state's rights. I would love to see the blob do that!!!

There is no cure for the common cold. There is no treatment for the common cold. Most people get over a cold in a few days. Some people will get a secondary infection and die.

Just like this flu.
Covid-19 is not the flu. The flu is caused by an influenza virus. Covid-19 is caused by the Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2. (SARS Cov-2).

Furthermore, no secondary infection is necessary for it to kill you. It directly infects and destroys type-2 pneumocytes and various other cells that have ACE2 receptors. It sets off a cytokine storm and you drown in your own body fluids.

:popcorn:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.
He's spent months doing his best not to be involved but now suddenly he wants to try to make "royal decrees"?

Nope.

Especially when he proudly says he doesn't take any responsibility for anything he's done thus far in regard to the virus.

When cases of the virus start to spike with more church groups being the hot spots, will trump take responsibility?

No he won't.

Just like this flu.

Hey, I'm just getting sick of him spreading misinformation about covid-19.

Amendment I

What happened to federalism, states’ rights, and small government – something conservatives are supposed to support – all abandoned to blindly enable the Trump aberration.

Trump’s idiotic, wrongheaded claim that he can ‘compel’ churches to ‘reopen’ – and conservatives’ support of Trump’s idiotic, wrongheaded claim – is yet another example of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the rule of law.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

Amendment I

Coming from the blob who admits to grabbing women by their genitals, such an edict about religion is laughable. It gets more hilarious if you read the language. How anyone who claims to be a Christian supports this disgusting pervert underscores just how laughable the belief in a supreme being is.

Its throwing a bone to the religious right who are just self-deluded enough to buy the ploy as sincere.

If you don't want to go to church, DON'T.

But like Ike and the school kids in Little Rock, he'll send the army if necessary to protect churchgoers from the liberal mobs.
trump can't do that. The supreme court ruled on segregation and Little rock was breaking the law. This situation is nowhere close. Liberals go to church too idiot.

Just like this flu.

Hey, I'm just getting sick of him spreading misinformation about covid-19.
Go to the doctor if you are sick because candycorn is not wrong.

Amendment I

He should force people to not be black.

Try not to troll bootney. I realize you are butthurt because I didn't blow you and turn republican like you wanted me to about what Biden said, but I've said that myself many times. What do you think calling black trump supporters sellouts means?
I am just laughing at your willingness to support and even defend abject paternalism from the whitest rich dude of upper crust imaginable, solely for partisan politics.

You must not give much of a shit about racism if you defend that shit the way you have.

Then, you come in here telling us Trump is forcing churches to re-open (obvious bullshit) like he has committed the ultimate sin against humanity.

You know I am right about all of this stuff today.

The libs see churches as their enemy, that's why they are so anxious to close them down. If during the aids epidemic, if people had suggested that gay bars, churches, clubs be closed- the libs would have never allowed it.
Nah the libs don't see anything of the sort.

Amendment I

He should force people to not be black.

Try not to troll bootney. I realize you are butthurt because I didn't blow up and turn republican like you wanted me to about what Biden said, but I've said that myself many times. What do you think calling black trump supporters sellouts means?
I am just laughing at your willingness to support and even defend abject paternalism from the whitest rich dude of upper crust imaginable, solely for partisan politics.

You must not give much of a shit about racism if you defend that shit the way you have.

Then, you come in here telling us Trump is forcing churches to re-open (obvious bullshit) like he has committed the ultimate sin against humanity.

You know I am right about all of this stuff today.

I haven't defended shit. And just because I didn't fall over, die and become a republican because of what Biden said like you wanted doesn't mean I don't give a damn about racism. Biden wasn't saying anything blacks have not been saying. trump has said he is forcing churches to open if governors won't.

It's funny how that works with you raggedy white racists. If you hear blacks using the n word then you feel its right for you to use it. But if you hear blacks saying that a black person supporting trump isn't a real black person nobody white can say that and in fact if blacks say that about sellout dumb ass trump supporting blacks then we have to be slaves on a plantation. Get trumps dick out of your mouth.

You aren't right about a damn thing son. Because you don't determine what I get offended by. To me if you are black and support trump you ain't black. That's not paternalism. But you spending months telling me how blacks are slaves on a democratic plantation is. So you don't have shit to say to me about Biden.

we've had a few supreme court decisions on the First and churches and basically, how it goes with congress shall write no law............

is that if there is a federal law on say, what criteria is needed to qualify as a non profit, and churches meet that criteria, they can be a non profit, just like any other entity in our country that meets the criteria.... the law was NOT written specifically for churches by congress, any entity can be a non profit if qualified.thus the law meets constitutional muster.

The same with all laws written for anything in our society.... churches have to follow, and the laws all meet first amendment constitutional muster because congress is not singling churches out.

So with this shut down, if the Governor set standards of who were essential businesses or entities that could stay opened as essential and all others temporary close, churches would need to follow the law... or in this case, the law through executive order....like everyone else.

They specifically are not being singled out because they are churches, but included in a whole set of criteria needed in order to stay opened, like no gatherings larger than 10 and 6 feet of separation CDC guidelines... and the ability to enforce those guidelines.

They can't be given special treatment either, like being singled out and told they are an exception to the rule, because then it would be our government making a rule or exception, solely for them, and the govt is not allowed to do that, according to the constitution, not a law in favor, or a law that disfavors the churches specifically.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back