Since when does the president get to force churches to open?

What happened to the first amendment?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.
He should force people to not be black.

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.
Then that is their right to stay home and not participate.
Did you actually read Dr Osterholms opinion?
Hong Kong closed all schools while Singapore didn't and there was no real difference.
We will have to learn to live with this pathogen.

It's past time to get on with our lives.

Yeah OK now would you like to describe how the governments handled this? Because it seems those two places handled it completely different than we have. If we had handled the situation from the beginning like they did there would no longer be a need for a lockdown.
You still haven't read what Osterholm said or you wouldn't be making that statement. We are long past any shutdown bring effective.
Rather sad you only trust the experts when they fit your ignorant narrative. Then ignore them when they contradict the media narrative.
I did read it.

"It is time to face reality. We urgently need a unified national strategy, one informed by the best science about stopping diseases like covid-19 and from virus control efforts in China, Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as realistic projections of the human and economic toll of any option we pursue. Our way of life cannot survive an indefinite series of short-term action plans."

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

If you think its too much of a risk, don't go to church.

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.
Yes it is deadly to the vulnerable. Not to the majority. Based on the quick response you really have no interest in the opinion of the nations leading expert.
Making you the actual fool.
It can be deadly to whoever gets it. There is no cure for it, so if you get it, you could die. I have to laugh at you. You post a story by a doctor who says a lockdown is not the answer but then describes two places that had a coordinated plan of action that included testing, contact tracing and quarantines which reduced and stopped the spread. We have had none of that but those like you want to open up and pretend we can just go on like nothings wrong.

I'm all for opening back up if we have what is needed to live safely.
The nations leading epidemiologist who has worked with many administrations for decades is now just a doctor telling a story. A new level of stupid.
Christ, quit drinking the Koolaid.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Then that is their right to stay home and not participate.
Did you actually read Dr Osterholms opinion?
Hong Kong closed all schools while Singapore didn't and there was no real difference.
We will have to learn to live with this pathogen.

It's past time to get on with our lives.

Yeah OK now would you like to describe how the governments handled this? Because it seems those two places handled it completely different than we have. If we had handled the situation from the beginning like they did there would no longer be a need for a lockdown.
You still haven't read what Osterholm said or you wouldn't be making that statement. We are long past any shutdown bring effective.
Rather sad you only trust the experts when they fit your ignorant narrative. Then ignore them when they contradict the media narrative.
I did read it.

"It is time to face reality. We urgently need a unified national strategy, one informed by the best science about stopping diseases like covid-19 and from virus control efforts in China, Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as realistic projections of the human and economic toll of any option we pursue. Our way of life cannot survive an indefinite series of short-term action plans."

You cherry picked only what you wanted to hear.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.

Try not to troll bootney. I realize you are butthurt because I didn't blow you and turn republican like you wanted me to about what Biden said, but I've said that myself many times. What do you think calling black trump supporters sellouts means?

[/URL]
[/URL]

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.
Yes it is deadly to the vulnerable. Not to the majority. Based on the quick response you really have no interest in the opinion of the nations leading expert.
It can be deadly to whoever gets it. There is no cure for it, so if you get it, you could die. I have to laugh at you. You post a story by a doctor who says a lockdown is not the answer but then describes two places that had a coordinated plan of action that included testing, contact tracing and quarantines which reduced and stopped the spread. We have had none of that but those like you want to open up and pretend we can just go on like nothings wrong.

The nations leading epidemiologist who has worked with many administrations for decades is now just a doctor telling a story. A new level of stupid.
I read what he said. So you stop drinking the kool aid. Because he said we needed a national strategy and we don't have one.

[/URL]
[/URL]

A lot of things can be deadly, and we take a chance. I am drinking a Pabst right now, I might catch a case of cirrhosis from it, but I'll take my chances. Cirrhosis can be deadly. Other might fire up a pell mell, even though they can catch emphysema from it. But if they want to , they take a chance. BTW, did you see the French who think that smoking is a cure for COVID? Everything is a chance, but since I'm not really ancient and I'm in tremendous physical condition, I probably won't catch it and very unlikely I would succumb to it.

[/URL]
[/URL]

I read what he said. So you stop drinking the kool aid. Because he said we needed a national strategy and we don't have one.
You read the first damn paragraph. Keep going sunshine.
It's a long piece.
My liberal govenor in MN is opening most business back up with the UofM doctors advice. Take it up with him.

States make edicts that go against the free expression of religion.

You claim that Trump demanding they do not do so is a first amendment issue.

What an asinine OP. Of course, you could rightly claim that Trump trying to override the states is a violation of federalism but it can equally be argued that the states are blatantly violating the first amendment by restricting the free exercise of religion. Nowhere does the OP make any sense whatsoever.

Amendment I

Try not to troll bootney. I realize you are butthurt because I didn't blow you and turn republican like you wanted me to about what Biden said, but I've said that myself many times. What do you think calling black trump supporters sellouts means?
I am just laughing at your willingness to support and even defend abject paternalism from the whitest rich dude of upper crust imaginable, solely for partisan politics.

You must not give much of a shit about racism if you defend that shit the way you have.

Then, you come in here telling us Trump is forcing churches to re-open (obvious bullshit) like he has committed the ultimate sin against humanity.

You know I am right about all of this stuff today.

Amendment I

I am just laughing at your willingness to support and even defend abject paternalism from the whitest rich dude of upper crust imaginable, solely for partisan politics.

You must not give much of a shit about racism if you defend that shit the way you have.

Then, you come in here telling us Trump is forcing churches to re-open (obvious bullshit) like he has committed the ultimate sin against humanity.

You know I am right about all of this stuff today.

The libs see churches as their enemy, that's why they are so anxious to close them down. If during the aids epidemic, if people had suggested that gay bars, churches, clubs be closed- the libs would have never allowed it.

Amendment I

Coming from the blob who admits to grabbing women by their genitals, such an edict about religion is laughable. It gets more hilarious if you read the language. How anyone who claims to be a Christian supports this disgusting pervert underscores just how laughable the belief in a supreme being is.

Its throwing a bone to the religious right who are just self-deluded enough to buy the ploy as sincere.

Amendment I

He's spent months doing his best not to be involved but now suddenly he wants to try to make "royal decrees"?

Nope.

Amendment I

Coming from the blob who admits to grabbing women by their genitals, such an edict about religion is laughable. It gets more hilarious if you read the language. How anyone who claims to be a Christian supports this disgusting pervert underscores just how laughable the belief in a supreme being is.

Its throwing a bone to the religious right who are just self-deluded enough to buy the ploy as sincere.
I actually agree.

Wow.

Amendment I

If you don't want to go to church, DON'T.

But like Ike and the school kids in Little Rock, he'll send the army if necessary to protect churchgoers from the liberal mobs.

Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors
Supposed to be subordinate to the President of the United States, but aren't.
As with a lot of things, you've got the Church shutdown thing backwards.
Some of those churches have a business meeting with a board of directors, Robert's Rules of Order, ballot slips for perfunctory votes and the whole kit and kaboodle.

The church board members are just as likely to sit simultaneously on the school board, city assembly, county board of commissioners etc. as "cross stakeholders."

They've been getting away with it too long. There's a "home church" or a parish or a borough or a canton, and the county board members or health commisioners etc. are running the church as an adjunct to the vice district straight out of City Hall through a corrupt courthouse.

All the more shame on those churches if they can't open up to serve the congregation per Trump's orders, or shut down in an orderly manner to dispose of the church's corporate assets without fraud or embezzlement.

Amendment I

Here's a song for ya candycorn since you love Trump so much.

Forum List

Back