Since when does the president get to force churches to open?

What happened to the first amendment?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.

You have it half assed backwards, IM. Churches have a legal, constitutional right to remain open if they choose. And if a governor doesn't want to allow it, President Trump will follow President Eisenhower's precedent in Little Rock and send the US Army down to open the churches in spite of the liberal mobs.

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

If you think its too much of a risk, don't go to church.

You appear very confused.
It's Orwellian, the degree to which left has become
afraid of their own shadows..
It is pure retard how the right doesn't understand that there is no vaccine for this and if you get it the only cure for it at present is hope. It is amazing the lack of discipline on the right.

It is pure retard how the right doesn't understand that there is no vaccine for this and if you get it the only cure for it at present is hope. It is amazing the lack of discipline on the right.
Maybe from someone who never had a job like you.

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

I am not, nor have I ever been, interested in a "middle ground".

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

He's following the law and telling those Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors not to violate the 1st Amendment.

He has nothing to say on this matter to anyone. If he wants to use federal power for something he needs to get off his orange ass and put together a national strategy for this pandemic.

He has. He's got hundreds of agencies and departments plus thousands of doctors and medical people working on it. And that's with liberal sonsabitches trying to impede and block everything he tries to do.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Then that is their right to stay home and not participate.
Did you actually read Dr Osterholms opinion?
Hong Kong closed all schools while Singapore didn't and there was no real difference.
We will have to learn to live with this pathogen.

It's past time to get on with our lives.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.

Amendment I

He's following the law and telling those Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors not to violate the 1st Amendment.

He has nothing to say on this matter to anyone. If he wants to use federal power for something he needs to get off his orange ass and put together a national strategy for this pandemic.

He has. He's got hundreds of agencies and departments plus thousands of doctors and medical people working on it. And that's with liberal sonsabitches trying to impede and block everything he tries to do.
No he hasn't, that's why we have the most infections and deaths in the world. Liberals aren't blocking anything.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.
Yes it is deadly to the vulnerable. Not to the majority. Based on the quick response you really have no interest in the opinion of the nations leading expert.
Making you the actual fool.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Hong Kong closed all schools while Singapore didn't and there was no real difference.

Yeah OK now would you like to describe how the governments handled this? Because it seems those two places handled it completely different than we have. If we had handled the situation from the beginning like they did there would no longer be a need for a lockdown.

Amendment I

No he hasn't, that's why we have the most infections and deaths in the world. Liberals aren't blocking anything.

One day we will learn that the Covid 19 deaths are not a third of the deaths they publish. People dying from flu and a host of other ailments are counted as "Covid" deaths.

[/URL]
[/URL]

The chance of being killed by this virus is actually quite small. Further no one is forcing you to go to church if you don't want to.

I think the chances of a bad outcome are a lot greater with Snake Handlers and with Gay churches, where the people risk getting snake bit or aids.

“Since when does the president get to force churches to open?”

He doesn’t.

Trump is being an ignorant idiot – yet again.

As for Trump’s supporters: so much for conservatives being ‘advocates’ of states’ rights.
Shut it idiot.
Many churches and businesses are defying the govenors before any statement by Trump.
See above posts and links. I know you won't as the cheap drive by poster that you are.
Trump isn't forcing shit, people are deciding what is right for their situation.

Last edited:
[/URL]
[/URL]

Yeah OK now would you like to describe how the governments handled this? Because it seems those two places handled it completely different than we have. If we had handled the situation from the beginning like they did there would no longer be a need for a lockdown.
You still haven't read what Osterholm said or you wouldn't be making that statement. We are long past any shutdown bring effective.
Rather sad you only trust the experts when they fit your ignorant narrative. Then ignore them when they contradict the media narrative.

There is no cure for the common cold. There is no treatment for the common cold. Most people get over a cold in a few days. Some people will get a secondary infection and die.

Just like this flu.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Yes it is deadly to the vulnerable. Not to the majority. Based on the quick response you really have no interest in the opinion of the nations leading expert.
Making you the actual fool.
It can be deadly to whoever gets it. There is no cure for it, so if you get it, you could die. I have to laugh at you. You post a story by a doctor who says a lockdown is not the answer but then describes two places that had a coordinated plan of action that included testing, contact tracing and quarantines which reduced and stopped the spread. We have had none of that but those like you want to open up and pretend we can just go on like nothings wrong.

I'm all for opening back up if we have what is needed to live safely.

You do realize a church can practice social distancing and common sense saftey measures just like Walmart, Home Depot, and pretty much every grocery store chain and if someone does not want to risk going back to church they don't have to. So the real question here is why are these Governors so intent on keeping churches closed when they can take the same precautions other businesses that are being allowed to open up do.

Forum List

Back