Singapore Stuff

No one wants us to fail. .
Unfortunately, that is bullshit.
Don't be brainwashed.
Dont be so behind ;)
Bill Maher is wrong to root for a recession (opinion) - CNN
I accept your apology.
Since when is one guy on a network I've never seen suddenly speaking for the whole left? That's brainwashing shit, right there. You're buying it and it's sad to see.
Who said anything about "the whole left?" :rolleyes:
You said no one. I just wanted to show you it was bullshit. No need for straw men.
In fact, there were a few posters on this site that said they wanted the summit to fail. No telling how many people on here hoping the economy fails.
The trump hate is real.
You arent supposed to piss in your own cheerios OL. You are supposed to piss in someone elses ;)

No one wants us to fail. .
Don't be brainwashed.
Dont be so behind ;)
I accept your apology.
Since when is one guy on a network I've never seen suddenly speaking for the whole left? That's brainwashing shit, right there. You're buying it and it's sad to see.
You said no one. I just wanted to show you it was bullshit. No need for straw men.
In fact, there were a few posters on this site that said they wanted the summit to fail. No telling how many people on here hoping the economy fails.
The trump hate is real.
You arent supposed to piss in your own cheerios OL. You are supposed to piss in someone elses ;)
The Trump hate IS real and for good reason. What would be GOOD is if the economic impact of the trade war Trump is setting in motion was felt prior to the November elections so the fucking idiots who support Trump for some God forsaken reason could SEE in their limited, concrete-thinker minds that this economy thing is not going to work out so well as their Liar in Chief says. But it probably won't, and even if it is, the idiots will probably blame it on the Democrats, somehow or other.
You are being played.

Don't be brainwashed.
Dont be so behind ;)
I accept your apology.
The trump hate is real.
The Trump hate IS real and for good reason. What would be GOOD is if the economic impact of the trade war Trump is setting in motion was felt prior to the November elections so the fucking idiots who support Trump for some God forsaken reason could SEE in their limited, concrete-thinker minds that this economy thing is not going to work out so well as their Liar in Chief says. But it probably won't, and even if it is, the idiots will probably blame it on the Democrats, somehow or other.
You are being played.
What in the holy hell are you talking about? I was simply saying people DO want us to fail because they hate trump so much.
You need to relax!

I am anxious to see how the trade battles go.
Im not too worried about it, yet. But that could change. Or not. I wont sit here and pretend that i can read the future though ;)

You are being played.

Even the Former Finance Minister of Greece disagrees with you.

"On the brewing trade war between the US and Europe, Mr Varoufakis said while US president Donald Trump was ignorant about a lot of things,
he knew some essential things about trade.

“He knows he cannot lose a trade war against countries that have high trade surpluses with the US like Germany and Italy,” ...
And therefore he can play hard ball."

It's not just about what you want to believe.

Im not too worried about it, yet. But that could change. Or not. I wont sit here and pretend that i can read the future though ;)
It's never worked, in the long run, before. Why would it now?

You are being played.

Even the Former Finance Minister of Greece disagrees with you.

"On the brewing trade war between the US and Europe, Mr Varoufakis said while US president Donald Trump was ignorant about a lot of things,
he knew some essential things about trade.

“He knows he cannot lose a trade war against countries that have high trade surpluses with the US like Germany and Italy,” ...
And therefore he can play hard ball."

It's not just about what you want to believe.

Okay. It's not what I WANT to believe, though, it's what I've heard from everyone who knows about the history of trade wars. I'm not so sure I'm impressed with the opinion of the Former Finance Minister of Greece, though. Didn't Greece recently go bankrupt? Or just about?

The trump hate is real.
You are being played.
What in the holy hell are you talking about? I was simply saying people DO want us to fail because they hate trump so much.
You need to relax!
No "people" don't want us to fail. That idiot Maher does. Singular.

Ummm, we were protectionist during our biggest economic expansion in history. That was a long time ago, so the results could be different but it is incorrect to say it has never worked.

Okay. It's not what I WANT to believe, though, it's what I've heard from everyone who knows about the history of trade wars. I'm not so sure I'm impressed with the opinion of the Former Finance Minister of Greece, though. Didn't Greece recently go bankrupt? Or just about?

Exactly ... You listen to enough people and someone will eventually tell you something you wanted to hear.
If you read the link you would see what else the former finance minister was bitching about.

If you would like to compare the credentials of who you are listening to against his ... Knock yourself out.
If you support President Trump's failure in the trade wars because someone told you ... Don't shy away from it.

Just don't pretend your brainwashing is any different than the next guy's.

The trump hate is real.
You are being played.
You need to relax!
There are people on this website that do too. That is more than one. Plural.
I am sure this actor just imagines people talking like that. He has been brainwashed too
Bryan Cranston Tells People Who Want Donald Trump To Fail: ‘F**k You’ | HuffPost
Why I Want Trump To Fail. Spectacuraly.
Bryan Cranston doesn't want to see President Trump fail, do you agree? | The Tylt
No, I don't want Trump to succeed
Want more links? I am sure there are many more.

Ummm, we were protectionist during our biggest economic expansion in history. That was a long time ago, so the results could be different but it is incorrect to say it has never worked.
Once again, I'm not the one saying it. I have not heard an economist yet say that tariffs have overall made our economy better. Now that our economies are so entwined with other countries', it seems it would just make things worse/more complicated. Like ZTE.
I'd love to know more about the biggest economic expansion in our history when we were protectionist, though. I had not heard of that.

The trump hate is real.
You are being played.
You need to relax!
There are people on this website that do too. That is more than one. Plural.
I am sure this actor just imagines people talking like that. He has been brainwashed too
Bryan Cranston Tells People Who Want Donald Trump To Fail: ‘F**k You’ | HuffPost
Why I Want Trump To Fail. Spectacuraly.
Bryan Cranston doesn't want to see President Trump fail, do you agree? | The Tylt
No, I don't want Trump to succeed
Want more links? I am sure there are many more.
No, it's sick. I don't agree with being cheerleaders for a car accident. Especially when it's our car.

Exactly ... You listen to enough people and someone will eventually tell you something you wanted to hear.
If you read the link you would see what else the former finance minister was bitching about.

If you would like to compare the credentials of who you are listening to against his ... Knock yourself out.
If you support President Trump's failure in the trade wars because someone told you ... Don't shy away from it.

Just don't pretend your brainwashing is any different than the next guy's.

Okay, Blacksand. I have read and listened to various economists talk about this for months and the overall consensus has been IT WON'T WORK. It may help coal miners or steel workers, but overall it will end up stealing jobs from other parts of the economy and the retaliatory tariffs from other countries will cause consumer prices to rise, or in some cases for businesses to fail.
If that is brainwashing, I guess you'll have to blame history for making all that happen everytime we get involved in shit like this.

Once again, I'm not the one saying it. I have not heard an economist yet say that tariffs have overall made our economy better. Now that our economies are so entwined with other countries', it seems it would just make things worse/more complicated. Like ZTE.
I'd love to know more about the biggest economic expansion in our history when we were protectionist, though. I had not heard of that.
We have over 12K tariffs right now. Technically, we are still protectionist.
25 American Products That Rely On Huge Protective Tariffs To Survive
Here is a little info. If you are actually interested in more, google is just a click away
Protectionism in the United States - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back