SJW's have ruined Movies/TVseries

Is there an entity bankrolling modern film producers to cover and insure all of their losses?

• Total voters
The investors are far smarter than you, that is why they have the money to invest in the movies and you can only sit on an internet forum and whine about the movies they make.

I have answered your question about 10 times, there was no pandering, that is just you being a snowflake

Snark is not an answer. That part of your post, is dismissed.

You asserted there was no pandering. And backed it up, by denying that movies can be good or bad, and other similar silliness.

Thus, my question remains. ANd since you refuse to answer it, I will give the obvious answer that you don't want to admit.

Hollywood, could make even more absurd amounts of money, if they were to choose to stop trying to make messages and insult their fans, and focused on making entertainment and giving their fans what they WANT.

The op is correct. SJW have ruined movies and tv.

Hollywood already makes absurd amounts of money, your assertion they could make more is just empty talk from someone with no knowledge of the business and that is highly biased.

What's next for you, are you going to tell Jeff Bezos how to run a business?

Then do not watch them, it is a simple solution. Or better yet, show them how to do it correctly. Start your own production company and make movies that bring in 5 times what Black Panther did.

1. I made a point about how much money they made off of a bad movie that pandered to a fairly small minority. Pointing out that it would be likely that they could make even more money, if they made a good movie that pandered to a much larger group, is a reasonable point.

2. Why would you find that completely reasonable opinion to be a reason to get angry?

3. Your snark is dismissed some more. I can keep doing that, longer than you can dish it out.

1. It is not reasonable for two main reasons, one you have zero knowledge on the subject and two your point of view is biased and not based upon reality.

2. You mistake me laughing at you as anger, common mistake so do not feel too bad.

3. Of course you dismiss anything that does not fit into your little window of a world view. You have your far right wing world view and you will dismiss any and all idea that do not fit that world view.

Correll postulates that there is this absolutely huge untapped market out there, but somehow he and his cronies are being stopped from tapping into it by evil left-wingers, even though there is lots of money floating around in right-wing circles for them to use. Under his own theory, Correll is passing up the big bucks for reasons known only to him. The surviving Koch brother is out there, the family of betsy devoss and erik prince is out there, the mellon-scaife tribe, the texas billionaires are out there. All with the money to fund a movie.

Incredible. You actually have the basis of my position, correct. This is amazing. Fantastic.

Now, no. NO, I'm not going jinx it.

I was going to ask you to, you know, actually address my points. But I can't. That is asking to much.

I will just bask in the glow of successfully communicating with a lefty. This is a glorious day.

fa40ca04b3fc434cf01300ea87a77cc3.jpg

The investors are far smarter than you, that is why they have the money to invest in the movies and you can only sit on an internet forum and whine about the movies they make.

I have answered your question about 10 times, there was no pandering, that is just you being a snowflake

You asserted there was no pandering. And backed it up, by denying that movies can be good or bad, and other similar silliness.

Thus, my question remains. ANd since you refuse to answer it, I will give the obvious answer that you don't want to admit.

Hollywood, could make even more absurd amounts of money, if they were to choose to stop trying to make messages and insult their fans, and focused on making entertainment and giving their fans what they WANT.

Hollywood already makes absurd amounts of money, your assertion they could make more is just empty talk from someone with no knowledge of the business and that is highly biased.

Then do not watch them, it is a simple solution. Or better yet, show them how to do it correctly. Start your own production company and make movies that bring in 5 times what Black Panther did.

1. I made a point about how much money they made off of a bad movie that pandered to a fairly small minority. Pointing out that it would be likely that they could make even more money, if they made a good movie that pandered to a much larger group, is a reasonable point.

2. Why would you find that completely reasonable opinion to be a reason to get angry?

3. Your snark is dismissed some more. I can keep doing that, longer than you can dish it out.

1. It is not reasonable for two main reasons, one you have zero knowledge on the subject and two your point of view is biased and not based upon reality.

2. You mistake me laughing at you as anger, common mistake so do not feel too bad.

3. Of course you dismiss anything that does not fit into your little window of a world view. You have your far right wing world view and you will dismiss any and all idea that do not fit that world view.

I am not an expert in the field of movie making, I admit that. So splain it to me.

1. Why can't the strategy of targeting a certain group as an audience, that worked so well with blacks, with Black Panther, work with other groups?

2. What reality(s) is/are I not basing my point of view on? Are you denying that conservatives and/or whites are being potential audiences than blacks?

1. Because there was so such strategy.

2. The reality you are missing is that whites and conservatives are already the audience, with the exception of a few snowflakes like you. Though it seems that despite all your posturing you are actually part of the audience as well

Your reference to "support of injustice" is so over-the-top that it's flaming. Prove that anyone is being shut out of the movie industry. Name even one film that was "shut out." You can't. There are all sorts of theater festivals. Go write a screenplay, or a book that can be turned into a screenplay. Rightwingers are flush with cash so I would think that you can get financing to make the film and distribute it. Your creative efforts may be warmly greeted by the movie-going public.

Your pretense that if I don't write a screenplay and go to get it made and someone doesn't actively stop me, with the stated reason that, I am right wing, that if that does not occur that my claim has no merit,

is so over the top, that you implicitly just admitted that you know I am right.

What is totally over the top is this arrogant attitude that you right-wingers have that you are entitled to sit on your asses with your arms folded and demand that everyone cater to you and your views, like you are the judge and the jury, while you contribute absolutely nothing. If you want "conservative" movies, go create some or find somebody who can.

Get it through your thick head that the rest of America owes you absolutely nothing. You are not kings. You are not even important. If you want to be represented in entertainment, get out there and offer something openly. The same goes for your politicians. Go find people who can represent your views by standing in back of a podium, presenting your favored positions on the issues, without just trashing somebody else, and taking questions from the audience. without dropping the mic and running for the back door.

Stop hiding. You are being challenged to actually participate in society and throw your ideas into the mix. Offer them to the public.

Asking that movies not be shit nor insult us,

is not demanding that "everyone cater to our views.

So, your strawman is dismissed. Other than making up shit and attacking it, you said nothing. So, that is all I have to say to you.

My point stands.

Any other group, not represented in an industry, and liberals seen discrimination as the only possible cause.

When it is them doing it, suddenly, there are soooooo many other reasons.

morons.

There are lots of movies that are "shit." Which movies "insulted" you or this "us" that you are part of?

Do you think that anyone who decided to make these movies did so to "insult" you? I seriously doubt that your "feelings" played any part in making any movie or that any movie maker even knows that you exist. You appear to think that everyone does, or should make your feelings, and those of this "us" group that you belong to, a top priority when making any and every decision in their lives.

Yes, you do want to be catered to. Don't think that your total arrogance and desire to control everyone is going to make you any friends.

Well, I've provided a couple of examples in this thread. Black Panther is one, where a sympathetic character calls a white American to his face, "colonizer". That is an insult to all white Americans.

Yes, I do believe that many of the people in making these movies, do so with the intent of insulting me.

Wanting to not be insulted, is not the same as wanting everyone to make my feelings their top priority. That is a straw man. I understand why you wanted to lie about what I was saying.

Because your position that it is wrong of me to complain about being insulted, makes you look pretty silly.

Not wanting to be insulted, especially when I am giving someone my money, is not "arrogance" or a "Desire to control everyone".

Ironically, you people, thinking that you should be able to insult us, still get our money, and tell us we are wrong to complain about being insulted, that is you being arrogant and having a desire to control everyone.

Look bimbo, you are talking to an American who has very light skin, blue eyes, and who is descended on both sides from Europeans. A "colonizer" is a colonizer. If somebody did this, they did it. Fact. Why do you take the term "colonizer" as being an insult to Americans of European background? Did your ancestors colonize anywhere? To the best of my knowledge none of my ancestors did. They lived on farms in Ireland and in Russia and in Poland before coming to the United States. On the Irish side, about the earliest that I can reckon is in the 1840's.
BTW: I'm thinking that a lot of African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans can trace their roots in the U.S. much farther back than I can. Good grief, some of these people are descendants of Thomas Jefferson's family.

Obviously I disagree, so why did you waste a post, for me to challenge you to support what you claim is self evident?

Were you stalling for time to think?

Why is Hollywood not pandering to the much larger groups of conservatives and/or whites, the way they do to blacks?

Are they not supposedly businesses, with a responsibility to make money for their investors?

Hollywood is making money hand over fist. They make movies that appeal to every sector of society with the possible exception of you snowflakes on the far right and the far left that make mountains out of every anthill.

The sea of easy money flowing into Hollywood, imo, explains why the investors don't realize how much they are being cheated of, by the incompetence and corruption of the liberal assholes making movies.

IF, they can make a billion dollars, with a crap film like Black Panther, by pandering to the number two minority in the country, what could they make if they produced a good film that pandered instead to a group 5 times larger?

This was my question to you, and you have not been able to answer it.
Black Panther was the biggest blockbuster of the year. If it pandered only to blacks, it would have struggled to break top 20.
But it pandered to young people, to those who like superheroes, to those who like action

The only group it didn’t pander to is those who hate movies with negroes in the lead.

I am not an expert in the field of movie making, I admit that. So splain it to me.

1. Why can't the strategy of targeting a certain group as an audience, that worked so well with blacks, with Black Panther, work with other groups?

2. What reality(s) is/are I not basing my point of view on? Are you denying that conservatives and/or whites are being potential audiences than blacks?

2. The reality you are missing is that whites and conservatives are already the audience, with the exception of a few snowflakes like you. Though it seems that despite all your posturing you are actually part of the audience as well

1. How can you say that? You are the one that made such a big thing over the production cast being black. For one limited example.

2. The plot of Black Panther was a conflict between two policies, the status quo policy of hiding Wakanda's wealth from the eyes of the evul "colonizers" and the policy of using Wakanda tech to help the poor oppressed blacks of the world rise up and over throw their oppressors. The conflict was resolved with the decision to use Wakanda tech to help the world become a better place, primarily focused on the traditionally disadvantaged. And done in a snide and condescending manner.

Name me a major motion release, in the last 10 years, that has pandered to whites or conservatives in a similar fashion.

Obviously I disagree, so why did you waste a post, for me to challenge you to support what you claim is self evident?

Why is Hollywood not pandering to the much larger groups of conservatives and/or whites, the way they do to blacks?

Are they not supposedly businesses, with a responsibility to make money for their investors?

Hollywood is making money hand over fist. They make movies that appeal to every sector of society with the possible exception of you snowflakes on the far right and the far left that make mountains out of every anthill.

The sea of easy money flowing into Hollywood, imo, explains why the investors don't realize how much they are being cheated of, by the incompetence and corruption of the liberal assholes making movies.

IF, they can make a billion dollars, with a crap film like Black Panther, by pandering to the number two minority in the country, what could they make if they produced a good film that pandered instead to a group 5 times larger?

Black Panther was the biggest blockbuster of the year. If it pandered only to blacks, it would have struggled to break top 20.
But it pandered to young people, to those who like superheroes, to those who like action

The only group it didn’t pander to is those who hate movies with negroes in the lead.

That fact that a movie is targeted to a certain audience,does not mean that other people cannot watch or enjoy it also.

HOw many adults read and enjoyed the Harry Potter books that were written for children, for one limited example.

Your pretense of a conflict is incorrect.

I was waiting for someone to bring up that a movie pandering to American Nationalists, for example, would not have a good overseas box office or would drive away liberal and/or moderate movie goers. And my plan was to point out that plenty of non blacks saw Black Panther.

So, thanks for making my argument for me.

Your pretense that if I don't write a screenplay and go to get it made and someone doesn't actively stop me, with the stated reason that, I am right wing, that if that does not occur that my claim has no merit,

is so over the top, that you implicitly just admitted that you know I am right.

What is totally over the top is this arrogant attitude that you right-wingers have that you are entitled to sit on your asses with your arms folded and demand that everyone cater to you and your views, like you are the judge and the jury, while you contribute absolutely nothing. If you want "conservative" movies, go create some or find somebody who can.

Get it through your thick head that the rest of America owes you absolutely nothing. You are not kings. You are not even important. If you want to be represented in entertainment, get out there and offer something openly. The same goes for your politicians. Go find people who can represent your views by standing in back of a podium, presenting your favored positions on the issues, without just trashing somebody else, and taking questions from the audience. without dropping the mic and running for the back door.

Stop hiding. You are being challenged to actually participate in society and throw your ideas into the mix. Offer them to the public.

So, your strawman is dismissed. Other than making up shit and attacking it, you said nothing. So, that is all I have to say to you.

My point stands.

Any other group, not represented in an industry, and liberals seen discrimination as the only possible cause.

morons.

There are lots of movies that are "shit." Which movies "insulted" you or this "us" that you are part of?

Do you think that anyone who decided to make these movies did so to "insult" you? I seriously doubt that your "feelings" played any part in making any movie or that any movie maker even knows that you exist. You appear to think that everyone does, or should make your feelings, and those of this "us" group that you belong to, a top priority when making any and every decision in their lives.

Yes, you do want to be catered to. Don't think that your total arrogance and desire to control everyone is going to make you any friends.

Well, I've provided a couple of examples in this thread. Black Panther is one, where a sympathetic character calls a white American to his face, "colonizer". That is an insult to all white Americans.

Yes, I do believe that many of the people in making these movies, do so with the intent of insulting me.

Wanting to not be insulted, is not the same as wanting everyone to make my feelings their top priority. That is a straw man. I understand why you wanted to lie about what I was saying.

Because your position that it is wrong of me to complain about being insulted, makes you look pretty silly.

Not wanting to be insulted, especially when I am giving someone my money, is not "arrogance" or a "Desire to control everyone".

Ironically, you people, thinking that you should be able to insult us, still get our money, and tell us we are wrong to complain about being insulted, that is you being arrogant and having a desire to control everyone.

Look bimbo, you are talking to an American who has very light skin, blue eyes, and who is descended on both sides from Europeans. A "colonizer" is a colonizer. If somebody did this, they did it. Fact. Why do you take the term "colonizer" as being an insult to Americans of European background? Did your ancestors colonize anywhere? To the best of my knowledge none of my ancestors did. They lived on farms in Ireland and in Russia and in Poland before coming to the United States. On the Irish side, about the earliest that I can reckon is in the 1840's.
BTW: I'm thinking that a lot of African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans can trace their roots in the U.S. much farther back than I can. Good grief, some of these people are descendants of Thomas Jefferson's family.

The people who use such terms, apply them to anyone white, who is not living in Europe. Sometimes they give a white person a pass, if they are wallowing in white guilt.

It is an ethnic slur. YOur denial of this fact is just you being, at best, a naive fool, and at worst a racist liar.

1. How can you say that? You are the one that made such a big thing over the production cast being black. For one limited example.

2. The plot of Black Panther was a conflict between two policies, the status quo policy of hiding Wakanda's wealth from the eyes of the evul "colonizers" and the policy of using Wakanda tech to help the poor oppressed blacks of the world rise up and over throw their oppressors. The conflict was resolved with the decision to use Wakanda tech to help the world become a better place, primarily focused on the traditionally disadvantaged. And done in a snide and condescending manner.

Name me a major motion release, in the last 10 years, that has pandered to whites or conservatives in a similar fashion.

1. I did no such thing.

2. It was not done in a snide way, that is your latent prejudices coming out, not a realty of the movie.

That fact that a movie is targeted to a certain audience,does not mean that other people cannot watch or enjoy it also.

HOw many adults read and enjoyed the Harry Potter books that were written for children, for one limited example.

I was waiting for someone to bring up that a movie pandering to American Nationalists, for example, would not have a good overseas box office or would drive away liberal and/or moderate movie goers. And my plan was to point out that plenty of non blacks saw Black Panther.

Check out the movie Red Dawn if you want a movie pandering to American nationalism.

Here is a good one for you that panders to your racist Lost Cause

Gone with the wind

1. I did no such thing.

2. It was not done in a snide way, that is your latent prejudices coming out, not a realty of the movie.

Sure it was. The way when the King announced his plan to share Wakanda wealth and tech with the world to the UN, and that old white guy asked, "what can a nation of farmers offer the rest of the world", and the strong black women looked at each other, and smirked.

You made a claim, that whites and conservatives are already the audience that Hollywood panders to.

I asked you to give me an example, within the last ten years, of a major motion picture movie, that even comes close to such blatant and overt pandering, to conservatives and'or whites.

I note you have not done so. Should be easy. If your position is correct and mine is based on "latent prejudices".

Check out the movie Red Dawn if you want a movie pandering to American nationalism.

Ok, that is a strong argument for your side, I have to admit...

So, two questions.

1. Why didn't it work?

2. Can you think of a second one?

Here is a good one for you that panders to your racist Lost Cause

Gone with the wind

1. I'm not a racist, you are just an asshole.

2. I'm not a Lost Cause-er, you are just an asshole.

3. Such a movie could be a good example, if it were made, and promoted as such. I don't doubt that it could be a monster, with it's name recognition. Yet, that money is left on the table. Almost as though money is not Hollywood's primary concern...

Which is my point, you fucking asshole.

My point stands.

morons.

The people who use such terms, apply them to anyone white, who is not living in Europe. Sometimes they give a white person a pass, if they are wallowing in white guilt.

It is an ethnic slur. YOur denial of this fact is just you being, at best, a naive fool, and at worst a racist liar.

How would I be a "naive fool" or a "racist liar"? It is not an ethnic slur. Stop being an idiot. It is a term that describes conduct, not skin color or ancestry. If a person is called a "thief," it is because that person took something that did not belong to them. You seem very touchy and thin-skinned. Were you or someone in your family a "colonizer"?

1. I did no such thing.

Sure it was. The way when the King announced his plan to share Wakanda wealth and tech with the world to the UN, and that old white guy asked, "what can a nation of farmers offer the rest of the world", and the strong black women looked at each other, and smirked.

You made a claim, that whites and conservatives are already the audience that Hollywood panders to.

I asked you to give me an example, within the last ten years, of a major motion picture movie, that even comes close to such blatant and overt pandering, to conservatives and'or whites.

I note you have not done so. Should be easy. If your position is correct and mine is based on "latent prejudices".

The problem is that the example you are looking for is based on your own personal, subjective belief about what Black Panther was trying to say and who it was targeting. So, if I point out the vast majority of movies have mostly white casts, white directors, and white writers, you would probably respond with something like "But they aren't pandering to white nationalists/conservatives/whatever ideology you want to throw out."

I agree that having such a large degree of black representation in the movie was made a big deal and helped bump its popularity. However, the reason it was such a big deal is that that sort of representation had been absent in the super-hero genre prior to Black Panther. It's similar to Wonder Woman; that was a super hero movie with a female lead and female director, as well as much greater than usual female representation among the actors. In both cases, it is only because that sort of representation didn't exist that such a big deal was made of it. As such, the idea that the pandering of Black Panther to blacks would make tons of money if only it were done to whites is, IMO, asinine. Movies in general have been pandering in that way since the beginning.

And if you want a movie that panders to conservatives, with a mostly white cast, white writer, white director, how about Unplanned? That's an anti-abortion movie, it seems to be almost entirely white, and it was profitable. It doesn't come anywhere vaguely near the level of Black Panther, though, so I'm not sure about the idea that pandering to a conservative, white audience is leaving untold billions on the table is in any way supported by the example.

Red Dawn was a good example, and also nowhere vaguely close to as successful as Black Panther.

Here, have a couple of lists of particularly patriotic American movies.

The 25 Most Awesomely American Movies to Watch on July 4
The Most Patriotic Movies of All Time

Of course you might disagree with some of the choices (I did), but is that not enough patriotic American pandering to entice the many viewers you seem to think are avoiding seeing movies? Or was that sort of pandering used in the past, but not in more recent years?

Who says it has not?

That is why shows like Duck Dynasty did so well, they were targeting groups that were normally left out of that particular genera.

That is what most of the Marvel universe actually was.

Just to bring up a tidbit of information: according to this article, Black Panther sold around 72 million tickets after 8 weeks of release. Box Office: 'Black Panther' Just Missed The $1.3B Mark
Again, according to the article, that means Black Panther sold more tickets than any film ever put out by multiple studios. I really wonder just who is supposed to be the audience that will be going to see the hypothetical movie pandering to the larger group.

My point stands.

morons.

How would I be a "naive fool" or a "racist liar"? It is not an ethnic slur. Stop being an idiot. It is a term that describes conduct, not skin color or ancestry. If a person is called a "thief," it is because that person took something that did not belong to them. You seem very touchy and thin-skinned. Were you or someone in your family a "colonizer"?

The term was delivered to a 21st century white American. He had never founded a colony in a native land. So the only way it made any sense, even bad, hateful sense to call him that, was if it was based on his being white.

Your denial of this obvious fact, is you being, at best, a naive fool, or at worst a racist liar, lying to provide political cover for racism you share.

1. I did no such thing.

The problem is that the example you are looking for is based on your own personal, subjective belief about what Black Panther was trying to say and who it was targeting. So, if I point out the vast majority of movies have mostly white casts, white directors, and white writers, you would probably respond with something like "But they aren't pandering to white nationalists/conservatives/whatever ideology you want to throw out."

I agree that having such a large degree of black representation in the movie was made a big deal and helped bump its popularity. However, the reason it was such a big deal is that that sort of representation had been absent in the super-hero genre prior to Black Panther. It's similar to Wonder Woman; that was a super hero movie with a female lead and female director, as well as much greater than usual female representation among the actors. In both cases, it is only because that sort of representation didn't exist that such a big deal was made of it. As such, the idea that the pandering of Black Panther to blacks would make tons of money if only it were done to whites is, IMO, asinine. Movies in general have been pandering in that way since the beginning.

And if you want a movie that panders to conservatives, with a mostly white cast, white writer, white director, how about Unplanned? That's an anti-abortion movie, it seems to be almost entirely white, and it was profitable. It doesn't come anywhere vaguely near the level of Black Panther, though, so I'm not sure about the idea that pandering to a conservative, white audience is leaving untold billions on the table is in any way supported by the example.

Red Dawn was a good example, and also nowhere vaguely close to as successful as Black Panther.

Here, have a couple of lists of particularly patriotic American movies.

The 25 Most Awesomely American Movies to Watch on July 4
The Most Patriotic Movies of All Time

Of course you might disagree with some of the choices (I did), but is that not enough patriotic American pandering to entice the many viewers you seem to think are avoiding seeing movies? Or was that sort of pandering used in the past, but not in more recent years?

1. It is not pandering to have a mostly white production crew/cast.

2. Wonderwoman is a good example of pandering to women, as a group, done better than Black Panther, (the men were not all ineffective clowns).

3. Why was Red Dawn not as successful, or better yet, vastly more successful than Black Panther?

Who says it has not?

That is why shows like Duck Dynasty did so well, they were targeting groups that were normally left out of that particular genera.

That is what most of the Marvel universe actually was.

Most of the Marvel Universe was not that. Iron Man was not. Thor was not. The Avengers was not. Even Captain Freaking America was not.

Forum List

Back