Slag the President while saying Trump supporters are divisive AT A FUCKING FUNERAL

Ok I'm trying to not to laugh my ass off over this. They all lined up to talk about the division while slamming a sitting President.

When you point at a piece of shit and say "don't step in that" are you 'slamming' the piece of shit.

You mistake legitimate criticism of a Universally disliked person as 'slamming.'

Whether it was McCain's wishes or his family, it shows a lack of class either way. There is a time and a place for everything.

Ok I'm trying to not to laugh my ass off over this. They all lined up to talk about the division while slamming a sitting President.

When you point at a piece of shit and say "don't step in that" are you 'slamming' the piece of shit.

You mistake legitimate criticism of a Universally disliked person as 'slamming.'

And you mistake a group "legitimately criticizing" a sitting president for a genuine show of unity.

Do you really think a funeral was an appropriate place to take political jabs at the president?

McCain refused to give in to the birther movement because he respected his political opponent. I doubt he would have ever approved having his death politicized in such a way. He never deigned to such a level.

But you will. His daughter did.

How disgusting.
How did Trump treat McCain?

Isn't that a bit off topic?

The topic is Trump and McCain, yes?

Actually the topic was the way the McCain service was conducted, I didn't see any reference in the OP about McCains pre-death conflicts with Trump. What I found funny in the overall dog and pony show is how clear people made it the that McCain was a hateful, vindictive, son of a bitch, yet they entered into all these fantastic verbal gymnastics to avoid saying it outright. Quite a show indeed.

[Q
DidUOTE="TemplarKormac, post: 20698855, member: 43268"]

And you mistake a group "legitimately criticizing" a sitting president for a genuine show of unity.

Do you really think a funeral was an appropriate place to take political jabs at the president?

McCain refused to give in to the birther movement because he respected his political opponent. I doubt he would have ever approved having his death politicized in such a way. He never deigned to such a level.

How disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Before his death, didn't McCain tell President Trump he was not welcome at his funeral? Wasn't that a political jab?
I've lost all respect for Mr. McCain.

How disgusting.

Actually the topic was the way the McCain service was conducted, I didn't see any reference in the OP about McCains pre-death conflicts with Trump. What I found funny in the overall dog and pony show is how clear people made it the that McCain was a hateful, vindictive, son of a bitch, yet they entered into all these fantastic verbal gymnastics to avoid saying it outright. Quite a show indeed.

I think the pre-death conflicts play into it. You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Trump crossed lines in the depth of his attacks on McCain - he made it personal, as he does all the time. And his supporters cheer it.

The OP is right, you know. There's a time and a place for everything. Full of grace, that is not.

Yeah, yeah, neither is the president, but do 2 wrongs make a right?

To my eyes, it looks like cheap shots. :dunno:

Trump crossed lines in the depth of his attacks on McCain - he made it personal, as he does all the time. And his supporters cheer it.
McCain attacked first. He made it personal. And kept doing so even laying in a casket. Put the blame where it belongs.

The OP is right, you know. There's a time and a place for everything. Full of grace, that is not.

One would hope. At least I would that when you die your daughters emotions would be more about you and politics or calling out a person you don’t like wouldn’t even enter her mind. I wouldn’t want my funeral to be that way. The McCain family obviously did. Kind of sad really when celebrating your fathers life somehow you think the story is incomplete without taking a swipe at someone he disagreed with.

Just woke up. Mega weird head cold... I'm telling you it was the wildest and the best hypocrisy ever seeing these old bastards slagging Trump AT A FUCKING FUNERAL for being divisive.

Oh this is gold.

One would hope. At least I would that when you die your daughters emotions would be more about you and politics or calling out a person you don’t like wouldn’t even enter her mind. I wouldn’t want my funeral to be that way. The McCain family obviously did. Kind of sad really when celebrating your fathers life somehow you think the story is incomplete without taking a swipe at someone he disagreed with.

Meghan is a douche. She is her fathers evil child. This is the girl that banned Palin from attending the funeral.

the banning of Palin from the funeral showed the true depth of the nastiness that was the McCain camp.

I shall hammer down on this in the days to come. watch me. the world is a safer place now that this fucking war monger is in the ground.

I didnt want to be mean today. I hated McCain over the Ukraine, but I didn;t want to be mean now. BUT they come flying at the President and all of us over his funeral, fuck them and watch us punch back.

How disgusting.

The same way Democrats treated him in 2008. Like a political punching bag. What gets me though is how Meghan would stoop to the same level to attack the president. If McCain was as big of a man as he is being portrayed as, he would have taught her better than that. In my view, it was a poor reflection on her father.

FYI, Trump is an ass. But if we want to carry on McCain's legacy, let's be the bigger man. Leave Trump to his tweets and his childish banter. It's best not to respond to it. But here we are, you... me, the rest of society politic, reacting and responding to it.

Last edited:
Funny, I didn't hear Trump's name mentioned a single time.
Well...when you through a stone into a pack of dogs...the one that yelps loudest....is Trump :lol:

But you forget, Trump can easily throw the stone back. And like I said before, he has every last one of you "yelping" as it were. You give him too much attention, at the expense of your own objectivity and credibility.

How disgusting.

The way he deserved to be treated.

Quid pro quo I guess then.

Why does this response bother me so much?

How disgusting.

It wasn't supposed to be about Trump in the slightest. When someone of McCain's stature dies, you memorialize his life, not butcher it to attack political opponents. So, as I said, it is patently disgusting. This dishonors both the living and the dead.

Forum List

Back