Slavery Reparations is immoral

Best reparations for slavery is to tear down confederate monuments

monumentindex.jpg

Best reparations for slavery is to tear down confederate monuments

monumentindex.jpg
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
So y'all just keep on erasing history and soon much will be forgotten and hence, repeated. Monuments and memorials can be used to enlighten those who would protect from repetition as well as those who might honor the deed.
In another sense, this is just a bunch of spoiled brats acting out and destroying stuff. Wait until they think your stuff needs destruction.

Nobody is getting slavery reparations.

No, but dimocrap scum can push the hell out of it and call us racists for not agreeing with their lunacy.

How is that different than anything else they do?
And Trump doesn't appeal to groups who think they have grievances?

I wasn't a huge Biden fan, but he really did/does sincerely see all Americans sharing a social/political heritage

There's nothing wrong with appealing to groups with grievances. The question is whether or not they A) have a legitimate grievance, and B) want a solution that's actually a solution. Neither is the case here.

Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
We should give reparations to every living former slave. :113:

Hey, let's be generous and include the living children of people who were slaves.

People who are all about, "I probably had a great-great-great-grandfather who was a slave, I don't know for sure, but I'm black, so my life sucks because someone whose name I don't know was probably enslaved 150 years ago" need to sit down and shut the hell up.

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
Who exactly would it punish & how?

Um, anyone who has their money taken away who has never owned a slave?

The history of race relations in this country is littered with a multitude of broken promises while these modern-day disgruntled confederates say black people should just get over it. Reparations are a tricky subject but black people are owed at least an honest dialog on how they were fucked over since the deliberate failure of reconstruction.

ANYONE who was a slave in the United States is due reparations. Anyone who was not a slave is entitled to nothing.

Nobody is getting slavery reparations.

You are oh so correct.

I don't know anyone who was a slave, nor do I know anyone who owned slaves. Those folks have been dead for 150 years.

Reparations my ass.

Do you know anybody who was made to walk the trail of tears or anyone that made them walk?

Do you know anyone alive during the Dawes Act?

Because you paid reparations to them and you do so annually.

We will get reparations.

You're not going to win the lottery, and you're not going to get a fat check for your pretend "victimhood" because someone you never met and don't even know the name of was enslaved - maybe - 150 years ago, and you feel traumatized by that . . . as long as you think you can cash in on it.

Adjust to reality, and take responsibility for your life.

The history of race relations in this country is littered with a multitude of broken promises while these modern-day disgruntled confederates say black people should just get over it. Reparations are a tricky subject but black people are owed at least an honest dialog on how they were fucked over since the deliberate failure of reconstruction.

ANYONE who was a slave in the United States is due reparations. Anyone who was not a slave is entitled to nothing.
are there any alive?

What we'll get is a STUDY. That's what this is about.

What is the lingering effect of slavery and Jim Crow...

What can be reasonably done to mitigate those effects.

who knows. Maybe the study will say what the racists are saying...that there are no lingering effects or that there is nothing that can be done.

Yep, this is a study.

Now let me drop a small fact in this for the opposition.

Special Field Orders, No. 15 (series 1865) were military orders issued during the American Civil War, on January 16, 1865, by General William Tecumseh Sherman, commander of the Military Division of the Mississippi of the United States Army.[1] They provided for the confiscation of 400,000 acres (1,600 km2) of land along the Atlantic coast of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida and the dividing of it into parcels of not more than 40 acres (0.16 km2),[2] on which were to be settled approximately 18,000 formerly enslaved families and other Blacks then living in the area.

The orders were issued following Sherman's March to the Sea. They were intended to address the immediate problem of dealing with the tens of thousands of black refugees who had joined Sherman's march in search of protection and sustenance, and "to assure the harmony of action in the area of operations".[3] His intention was for the order to be a temporary measure to address an immediate problem, and not to grant permanent ownership of the land to the freedmen, although most of the recipients assumed otherwise.[4] General Sherman issued his orders four days after meeting in Savannah, Georgia with twenty local black ministers and lay leaders and with U.S. Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton. Brig. Gen. Rufus Saxton, an abolitionist from Massachusetts who had previously organized the recruitment of black soldiers for the Union Army, was put in charge of implementing the orders.[5]

The orders had little concrete effect, and President Andrew Johnson issued a proclamation that returned the lands to southern owners that took a loyalty oath.

Special Field Orders No. 15 - Wikipedia

The reality of this situation is that blacks were promised reparations after slavery and the President decided to break the promise.

This order is part of the Official Records of the American Civil War. It can be found in Series I — Military Operations, Volume XLVII, Part II, Pages 60–62. The volume was published in 1895.

The reality of this situation is that all of those people involved have been moldering in their graves for over a century, and YOU don't deserve shit for something you weren't involved in. The window of opportunity on this has long since closed.

Who exactly would it punish & how?

Um, anyone who has their money taken away who has never owned a slave?
You pay federal taxes?

You are oh so correct.

I don't know anyone who was a slave, nor do I know anyone who owned slaves. Those folks have been dead for 150 years.

Reparations my ass.

Do you know anybody who was made to walk the trail of tears or anyone that made them walk?

Do you know anyone alive during the Dawes Act?

Because you paid reparations to them and you do so annually.

We will get reparations.

Good luck with that you dumb fuck.

Oh and I'm pretty sure some of my Cherokee ancestors walked the trail of tears. I never got reparations nor did I seek them. Ancient history.

Piss off.

You're white. And today you are paying annual reparations to native American nations for that ancient history.

That's my point you stupid b....

Sure we are. They have their reservations. Land they own. They have treaties with the Government. Those treaties are binding.

Oh and I'm white and I have Cherokee blood as well.

That's my point you fucking idiot.

Those treaties are reparations. We weren't given the opportunity to make treaties.

I'm black with Cherokee blood. My grandmother on my moms side was half Cherokee. You're white and you are playing the Native American card. You have not endured racism. I have.

That's my point you lyin b....

Are you retarded? (Okay, that's a rhetorical question, since we can all see the answer.)

Reservations for the Native Americans weren't any sort of "reparations". They were set up to move the Native Americans out of the way. I don't recall the freed slaves WANTING to be herded onto unwanted land and isolated, but if you can show me where they begged to be put on reservations and got turned down, I'll be happy to revise my opinion.

As for you, you whining race hustler, feel free to point us to the person or persons who actually kept you as a slave, and we'll see about getting you reparations. Unless and until you can do that, you are cordially invited to shove your race card up your ass sideways.

Last edited:
The fact it is 2019 and we still have people asking for reparations for slavery is ridiculous. No one alive today was a slave, and pretty much at least 3+ generations removed from slavery. Not to mention, what reparations do people want? Would it ever be enough? If people were given reparations, will the next generation of people want them too? The generation after that?

As far as these politicians are concerned that are agreeing that reparations should be paid, they are full of shit and know it will never happen, and are just using it as a political tool to try and capture the Black vote. Fucking stupid.

The government of this country owes us for about 243 years of human rights violations against our people from 1776 until now. You racists don't get to tell us that we need to be republicans because the democratic party was the party of slavery 3 generations removed then talk the retarded ass bullshit in this quote.

You can be whatever you want, but you'll have to do it without checks from people who haven't done shit to you. Enjoy your endless pity party, "I'm a fucking loser because some ancestor I don't know was a slave, not because I'm an asshole who spends all my energy on blaming others" trip on your own dime.

It would be the end of the democrat party as we know it....

That wouldn't be a bad thing. The creepy fascist identity politics driven Democrat Party deserved to die.

are there any alive?

Dunno

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the glaring fact that even in 1860, very few blacks in the new world America were slaves. How the hell is a DNA test going to tell who was related to a slave? LOL

Every black in the nation will claim they are slave descendents.

Instead of coming up with the lame argument of who was alive or who wasn't alive why aren't any of you dumb white bastards talking about how RIDICULOUS it is that America's STILL struggling w/their inherent racism and bigotry today?

Why aren't you dumb black bastards talking about getting the fuck over it ?

Forum List

Back