Sleeping in your office?

I think the gov't should start charging rent to anyone who regularly spends the night in their office.
How does the saying go again...? Oh yeah...

"You don't gotta go home, but you got to get the @#$%^ up outta heah!"

It figures that Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives would be the bums in Congress...now the saying "throw the bums out of office" makes more sense.

Yeah they should be more like all you other sheep and spend more than they make.

WTF.com??!??

USD $875.00 - $1,000.00 per month would break their backs to pay in rent with their current salaries?

Let's not forget most of these individuals were already successful business men and women, especially on the Republican side as they worship business owners.

You're arguments are false, not to mention senseless.

So just because you think they can afford it that means they should spend it?

what do you have against someone saving money?

Yeah they should be more like all you other sheep and spend more than they make.

WTF.com??!??

USD $875.00 - $1,000.00 per month would break their backs to pay in rent with their current salaries?

Let's not forget most of these individuals were already successful business men and women, especially on the Republican side as they worship business owners.

You're arguments are false, not to mention senseless.

He's not against someone saving money.

He's against them having more money than he does.

Cheap ?
Deadbeat?

Frugal, thrifty, fiscally responsible.

You remind me of people who complain about other people with more money than them.

Tell me how many times has some variation of this old chestnut passed your lips;

"Jesus Christ why is he so fucking cheap when he has more money than god?"

What people like you never seem to realize is that because one is frugal is precisely the reason they have money. God forbid people don't spend every penny they earn and then some right?

Vagrant?
Moocher?

Prudent
Wise

WRONG!!!

That's where you go falling off the cliff...yet again.

It matters not what I think they can or cannot afford.

The fact of the matter is, they should be PERSONALLY and financially responsible enough to have their finances in order to be able to afford their OWN housing and not MOOCH off the government teet by sleeping in Government offices, not to mention breaking the zoning laws.

What do you have against our current laws?

According to RW logic, its prudent for us to save money by mooching water and electricity from others. I guess its OK if I'm able to run an electric cord from some business or residence to power my house because its not harming anyone...right?

:rolleyes:

IOW, only the Very Rich who can afford multiple residences should be elected to Congress.

Thanks for clearing that up.

According to RW logic, its prudent for us to save money by mooching water and electricity from others. I guess its OK if I'm able to run an electric cord from some business or residence to power my house because its not harming anyone...right?

:rolleyes:
how are they using more water/electricity by sleeping in their office?

WRONG!!!

That's where you go falling off the cliff...yet again.

It matters not what I think they can or cannot afford.

The fact of the matter is, they should be PERSONALLY and financially responsible enough to have their finances in order to be able to afford their OWN housing and not MOOCH off the government teet by sleeping in Government offices, not to mention breaking the zoning laws.

What do you have against our current laws?

You have yet to prove the zoning laws in DC prohibit sleeping in the Capital Building.
And all these guys already have a household they are supporting in their home states. Why support a second household when that money can be used for the care of his family at home?

There are a lot of laws on the books that are not enforced because they are just plain stupid.

In Arizona it's illegal for a donkey to sleep in a bathtub.

In Florida it's illegal for a woman to fall asleep under a hair dryer

Here are a few more

Wacky and Outdated Laws - POST SCRIPTS

I guess we better hire a few million more cops.

Last edited:
IOW, only the Very Rich who can afford multiple residences should be elected to Congress.

Thanks for clearing that up.

College kids afford to live in DC without making $174,000 a year

They don't resort to vagrancy either

Maybe some Congressmen have stumbled on to a way to bring in some much needed cash into the federal treasury. We can convert federal bldgs to dual use purposes. They're used as offices by day, and flop houses by night. All they need to do is have a few "for rent" signs printed up. Hey, they could rent Congress out for parties and wedding receptions on the weekends. Considering that Congress is in session fewer days than ever before, we could probably make even more money renting the place out for conventions too. Maybe we could even make a few bucks by selling advertising space. And here's a bone for conservatives who worship at the alter of market forces. Let's license out the place to a company with a lot of experience in this kind of thing. We could ask for bids to put a big sign across the dome. Can you imagine what the Hilton or the Marriott would pay for that? And I just KNOW that, with his ego, Donald Trump would push the bidding up a few million.

And what about the Supreme Court? That place doesn't get much use. It would make one hell of a nightclub.

It figures that Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives would be the bums in Congress...now the saying "throw the bums out of office" makes more sense.
So is Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Il a bum to be tossed out with the Republicans?

If he is mooching a place to live....hell yea
Reps. Dan Boren (D-OK), John Carney (D-DE), Steve Chabot (R-OH), Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), Hansen Clarke (D-MI), Sean Duffy (R-WI), Stephen Fincher (R-TN), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Chris Gibson (R-NY), Tim Griffin (R-AR), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Trey Gowdy (R-SC), Morgan Griffith (R-VA), Luis Guittierez (D-IL), Richard Hanna (R-NY), Joe Heck (R-NV), Bill Huizenga (R-MI), Bill Johnson (R-OH), James Lankford (R-OK), Dan Lipinski (D-IL), Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), Patrick Meehan (R-PA), Ben Quayle (R-AZ), Mike Quigley (D-IL), Todd Rokita (R-IN), Bobby Rush (D-IL), Paul Ryan (R-WI), David Schweikert (R-AZ), Steve Stivers (R-OH), John Sullivan (R-OK), Joe Walsh (R-IL), Todd Young (R-IN), and Tim Walberg (R-MI).

Last edited:
It's their choice to sleep in their offices and it has absolutely no bearing on your life so why the fuck do you care?

The only reason I care is that as Congressmen, they are not entitled to any additional privledges that other Americans are offered

I know of no zoning that allows workers to live in their workspace. I imagine DC is the same. There are millions of Americans who struggle paycheck to paycheck and they are not allowed to live in their place of work.

It is not like they have no alternatives. College students in tough financial situations find roomates. No reason that these Congressmen can't share an apartment for $400 a month each.
what extra does it cost for them to sleep in their office?

Electricity for the nightlight

The only reason I care is that as Congressmen, they are not entitled to any additional privledges that other Americans are offered

I know of no zoning that allows workers to live in their workspace. I imagine DC is the same. There are millions of Americans who struggle paycheck to paycheck and they are not allowed to live in their place of work.

It is not like they have no alternatives. College students in tough financial situations find roomates. No reason that these Congressmen can't share an apartment for $400 a month each.
what extra does it cost for them to sleep in their office?

Electricity for the nightlight
LOL as if they dont have that anyway

I think the expense of maintaining two households can be unnecessarily burdensome, even if you are making 6 figures.

How so? What burden is there when you have such means? I've met people who were Reservists who maintained timeshares for their weekends when they drill. Their Reservist pay just covers the cost of their weekend housing costs. Like I pointed out, even if we over-estimate $2000 a month rent and utilities for their secondary housing, that still leaves them with $150,000 of net yearly income, which still leaves them in the top 4% of income earners. If it's a burden at all, then they are not fit for the responsibilities of their job. Maybe a more unnecessarily burdensome expense if their outrageous salaries. Maybe Congressional pay should be reduced to $50k a year, and then we can talk about paying for their own rent being "unnecessarily burdensome."

Second, if providing for their own housing needs is too burdensome, then they need to do what the rest of Americans have to do when faced with the dilemma of having personal needs conflict with their ability to get to work every day. They need to reevaluate their situation and if necessary find another job that works out better for them.

God you are an ass. They wouldn't have $150K of net income. They pay income, property and sales taxes like everyone else. Depending upon his deductions and state, said Congress person is paying somewhere between $40-50K of taxes.
Can you source those numbers, please?

If it were mostly dems doing this, they would be cheering this as evidence that they're not a bunch if rich white Republicans, but are for the common man and know what it's like to sleep on a couch :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back