Sleepy Ben Carson’s proposal to triple rents for poor households would hurt 1 million children

They want the working poor to pay taxes so the wealthy do not need too.

You mean if they had some skin in the game they would vote Republican.
Fun fact: The poor spend a higher percentage of their income on taxes than do the rich.

Yeah....it wasnt their money to begin with so how exactly do they pay more in taxes?
Poor people pay sales taxes and property taxes and all the fees associated with government interactions like drivers' licenses, car registration, etc. That money amounts to a significant percentage of the take home pay of someone making $15 hr. It's a drop in the bucket for people making 200k yr. Poor people pay a higher PERCENTAGE of their income than do the rich.

If they're poor how do they own their own home or car?
Everyone pays property taxes; not only homeowners. And poor people own cars so they can get to work, because the American far right has made public transportation in this country a joke.

You mean if they had some skin in the game they would vote Republican.
Fun fact: The poor spend a higher percentage of their income on taxes than do the rich.

Yeah....it wasnt their money to begin with so how exactly do they pay more in taxes?
Poor people pay sales taxes and property taxes and all the fees associated with government interactions like drivers' licenses, car registration, etc. That money amounts to a significant percentage of the take home pay of someone making $15 hr. It's a drop in the bucket for people making 200k yr. Poor people pay a higher PERCENTAGE of their income than do the rich.
Republicans don't care,,, they want to suck the blood out of the poor

Nope,we want them to have some skin in the game.
Skin ? Can't you leave them some? I mean vacation for them if they're lucky is tar beach

No they don't. LOL
Yes, we do.

I suggest you look at a current tax table...no you don't. Probably about 10% compared to about 30%
I'm talking about the total minimum tax burden we pay to survive. Every time I buy a cup of coffee at 7-11 I pay $.20 in tax. Every time I buy anything other than unprepared food I pay ten percent more than the vedors' prices. I cannot opt out of renewing my tabs or my driver's license, or I would become unemployable.

So I may owe the feds 10%, but I am paying a significant percentage of my take home pay. For rich people, sales taxes and government fees are minor inconveniences insignificant to their overall tax burden. Not so for the poor.

No they don't. LOL
Yes, we do.

I suggest you look at a current tax table...no you don't. Probably about 10% compared to about 30%
I'm talking about the total minimum tax burden we pay to survive. Every time I buy a cup of coffee at 7-11 I pay $.20 in tax. Every time I buy anything other than unprepared food I pay ten percent more than the vedors' prices. I cannot opt out of renewing my tabs or my driver's license, or I would become unemployable.

So I may owe the feds 10%, but I am paying a significant percentage of my take home pay. For rich people, sales taxes and government fees are minor inconveniences insignificant to their overall tax burden. Not so for the poor.

You were talking income tax...remember your 15 a hour comment? You got caught...deal

They are doing the job Trump wants, he put people in to destroy the depts.
Step 1: Undermine democratic institutions until they become unpopular.
Step 2: Step in with authoritarian control.
Right out of the dictators' playbook.

And the Democrats are making fine use of it. That will end soon.
The Democrats are not the ones setting out to deliberately undermine government effectiveness.

They're not angels, but it's the GOP that is actively trying to destroy democracy.
We aren't a democracy, but please elaborate on how the government (specifically the federal government) not giving out taxpayer moneies in government programs, in any way undermines 'democracy'?
We were a democratic republic (known in common parlance as a "democracy") until Jan 20, 2017, when we started the slide into fascism.

We are, and always have been a republic at both the federal and state levels. Democracy is a rarity in America and except for state voter initiatives, is relegated to some small rural communities. Democracy is mob rule, and hardly ever ends well.

You think democracy because that is what your masters have trained you to think

No they don't. LOL
Yes, we do.

You were talking income tax...remember your 15 a hour comment? You got caught...deal
No I wasn't.

Step 1: Undermine democratic institutions until they become unpopular.
Step 2: Step in with authoritarian control.
Right out of the dictators' playbook.

The Democrats are not the ones setting out to deliberately undermine government effectiveness.

They're not angels, but it's the GOP that is actively trying to destroy democracy.
We aren't a democracy, but please elaborate on how the government (specifically the federal government) not giving out taxpayer moneies in government programs, in any way undermines 'democracy'?
We were a democratic republic (known in common parlance as a "democracy") until Jan 20, 2017, when we started the slide into fascism.

We are, and always have been a republic at both the federal and state levels. Democracy is a rarity in America and except for state voter initiatives, is relegated to some small rural communities. Democracy is mob rule, and hardly ever ends well.

Sophistry.

No they don't. LOL
Yes, we do.

You are paying more than that in taxes. You are also paying all of the taxes of the companies and corporations that supply the products that you are paying sales taxes on. It is included in the price of the product.

No I wasn't.

You're all over the map. The poor do not pay a higher percentage then the rich...the rich pay a higher percentage in income tax and they buy higher priced goods, they spend more. Property taxes are higher, etc etc

Skin ? Can't you leave them some? I mean vacation for them if they're lucky is tar beach

Afraid they'll vote republican?

Yes, we do.

No I wasn't.

You're all over the map. The poor do not pay a higher percentage then the rich...the rich pay a higher percentage in income tax and they buy higher priced goods, they spend more. Property taxes are higher, etc etc
No. The rich keep most of their money; it's why the wealth gap is growing.

& when I pay $15 sales tax on the $150 I spend on work boots a pair of Levi's, I'm paying a higher percentage of my of my actual income than is Warren Buffet when he buys a $8k suit, even if he pays $800 in tax.

No I wasn't.

& when I pay $15 sales tax on the $150 I spend on work boots a pair of Levi's, I'm paying a higher percentage of my of my actual income than is Warren Buffet when he buys a $8k suit, even if he pays $800 in tax.

You should have prepared for life better and it's not anyone else's responsibility to take care of you

Sophistry.

You can't handle the truth.

No I wasn't.

You should have prepared for life better and it's not anyone else's responsibility to take care of you
You should learn the difference between sophistry and rational argument.

I went to Columbia, fyi. I just don't give a damn about money.

No I wasn't.

For not giving a shit about it you are spending an exorbitant amount of time whining on it

No I wasn't.

For not giving a shit about it you are spending an exorbitant amount of time whining on it
I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

Afraid they'll vote republican?
GOD forbid Enough of you vote against yourselves as it is

I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

I'm a firm believer you make your own way in life...it's full of choices, make the wrong ones and you'll end up in poverty, make the right ones and you'll succeed. It's all on the individual

Forum List

Back