Sleepy Ben Carson’s proposal to triple rents for poor households would hurt 1 million children

I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

I'm a firm believer you make your own way in life...it's full of choices, make the wrong ones and you'll end up in poverty, make the right ones and you'll succeed. It's all on the individual
Yeah who brings you up doesn't matter? No father , mother working what choices do you have?

I didnt have a father in my life since I was 11 years old and I did fine.
I'll admit I was a fuck up till I reached 18 and then I realized I didnt want to live that way and knuckled down.
You imo are the exception

Why?
Because those in your situation don't usually end up well

I'm a firm believer you make your own way in life...it's full of choices, make the wrong ones and you'll end up in poverty, make the right ones and you'll succeed. It's all on the individual
So your idea of success is wealth?

Maybe you ought to re-read that Holy Bible to which I actually, and you only claim to hold dear.

If you think wealth is so underrated why are you bitching about the poor not having money?
Because the poor will actually spend more money if they have it, rather than hoarding it like the rich. That will actually benefit society as a whole by creating economic opportunity.

The argument is practical economics; the GOP taxation policy is sheer idiocy based on faith in the fully disproved ideas of an Austrian lunatic.

The wife and I are in the top 5% and we spend more money when we make more money.
And we spend it on high end goods that do more for the economy than buying more beer.

Good example: A poor individual buys a used car, maybe 10 grand, a well of individual buys a BMW, maybe 60 grand.
I buy used broken down ones for less than two grand and fix them..Usually spend around four thousand but screw the ten grand...

Maybe you ought to re-read that Holy Bible to which I actually, and you only claim to hold dear.

If you think wealth is so underrated why are you bitching about the poor not having money?
Because the poor will actually spend more money if they have it, rather than hoarding it like the rich. That will actually benefit society as a whole by creating economic opportunity.

The argument is practical economics; the GOP taxation policy is sheer idiocy based on faith in the fully disproved ideas of an Austrian lunatic.

The wife and I are in the top 5% and we spend more money when we make more money.
And we spend it on high end goods that do more for the economy than buying more beer.
So poor people will just buy booze and drugs?

Turn off FoxNews: you've been brainwashed.

I dont watch FUX news.
And remember....I was poor at one time.

Good example: A poor individual buys a used car, maybe 10 grand, a well of individual buys a BMW, maybe 60 grand.
& the $1000 in sales taxes and the $500 in fees is going to affect the lifestyle of the poor person than the $8500 will for the rich person.

You are being obtuse, whether deliberately or not.

I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

Yeah who brings you up doesn't matter? No father , mother working what choices do you have?

I'll admit I was a fuck up till I reached 18 and then I realized I didnt want to live that way and knuckled down.
Whom did you beat up?

Poverty.
I figure I was born poor I'll die poor...But have a hell of a party in between...I started at 17 working full time and ending high school..

You imo are the exception

Why?
Because those in your situation don't usually end up well

All it takes is will power.

I buy used broken down ones for less than two grand and fix them..Usually spend around four thousand but screw the ten grand...

We know a guy who does that, he makes a lot of money selling them

Another thread on how the Republicans are gonna kick everyone on to the street and have to eat dog food for the rest of their lives.......

Utter Horse Hockey.............$150 a month for rent.........isn't jack squat.........the example used in the article $2400 a year.......

Give me a dang break...........The OP is Stupid.

But Ben is doing the opposite of how HUD has traditionally operated, and isn't tradition what conservatives love to protect?

We know a guy who does that, he makes a lot of money selling them
I just keep them to drive...I used to sell in the 1980's..

Another thread on how the Republicans are gonna kick everyone on to the street and have to eat dog food for the rest of their lives.......

Utter Horse Hockey.............$150 a month for rent.........isn't jack squat.........the example used in the article $2400 a year.......

I pay $350.00 a month for mortgage..

& the $1000 in sales taxes and the $500 in fees is going to affect the lifestyle of the poor person than the $8500 will for the rich person.

I'm stating a fact, the 60K BMW is costing A LOT more than a 10K used vehicle...we're slowly going back to that percentage thing you were whining about

Lucky you.........lol

I'm stating a fact, the 60K BMW is costing A LOT more than a 10K used vehicle...we're slowly going back to that percentage thing you were whining about
Thanks for proving my point by repeating your obtuse ignorant nonsense.

Lucky you.........lol
It's the highest I've ever paid in 35 years of home ownership...

Tell me oh wise one...what's the sales tax on a 10K vehicle compared to a 60K BMW? Think hard.

Tell me oh wise one...what's the sales tax on a 10K vehicle compared to a 60K BMW? Think hard.
So you're doubling down.

The rich person's mandatory tax burden for buying a car is the same as the poor person's; any bill over what the guy buying a $4k car (the kind of price actual poor people pay) is a voluntary donation.

So you're doubling down.

The rich person's mandatory tax burden for buying a car is the same as the poor person's; any bill over what the guy buying a $4k car (the kind of price actual poor people pay) is a voluntary donation.

But the rich person is paying more...he/she is putting back more money into the system, same with property taxes, in fact most people making 15 a hour wouldn't even be paying property taxes.

I understand you're a social justice warrior but the fact is life isn't always fair and those that work hard to succeed are not responsible for someone that is able bodied and capable of working. It all goes back to choices and some make better ones than others

Mere existence does not entitle one to a free ride.
It does entitle one to human dignity, which includes not dying in the street without food or medical care.

Does it? Explain how this is a matter of law.
You really need a law for that?? Weren't you a lawyer in another life?

To take money out of my productive pocket involuntarily and put it towards the individual benefit of another's unproductive pocket requires a law, yes.

It's no different than Frankie "Two-Fingers" robbing me at gunpoint and giving the money to his impecunious cousin.

Now, if you want to discuss charity, raise the issue.
No I know for you republicans charity begins AND stays at home

Now ed. You know I'm no Republican.

I can smell the burning wood from here.....

Forum List

Back