Sleepy Ben Carson’s proposal to triple rents for poor households would hurt 1 million children

Poor people pay sales taxes and property taxes and all the fees associated with government interactions like drivers' licenses, car registration, etc. That money amounts to a significant percentage of the take home pay of someone making $15 hr. It's a drop in the bucket for people making 200k yr. Poor people pay a higher PERCENTAGE of their income than do the rich.
Republicans don't care,,, they want to suck the blood out of the poor

Nope,we want them to have some skin in the game.
Skin ? Can't you leave them some? I mean vacation for them if they're lucky is tar beach

Afraid they'll vote republican?
GOD forbid Enough of you vote against yourselves as it is

My net worth has skyrocketed thank you very much.

No. The rich keep most of their money; it's why the wealth gap is growing.

& when I pay $15 sales tax on the $150 I spend on work boots a pair of Levi's, I'm paying a higher percentage of my of my actual income than is Warren Buffet when he buys a $8k suit, even if he pays $800 in tax.

You should have prepared for life better and it's not anyone else's responsibility to take care of you
You should learn the difference between sophistry and rational argument.

I went to Columbia, fyi. I just don't give a damn about money.

For not giving a shit about it you are spending an exorbitant amount of time whining on it
I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

I'm a firm believer you make your own way in life...it's full of choices, make the wrong ones and you'll end up in poverty, make the right ones and you'll succeed. It's all on the individual
So your idea of success is wealth?

Maybe you ought to re-read that Holy Bible to which I actually, and you only claim to hold dear.

No. The rich keep most of their money; it's why the wealth gap is growing.

& when I pay $15 sales tax on the $150 I spend on work boots a pair of Levi's, I'm paying a higher percentage of my of my actual income than is Warren Buffet when he buys a $8k suit, even if he pays $800 in tax.

You should have prepared for life better and it's not anyone else's responsibility to take care of you

For not giving a shit about it you are spending an exorbitant amount of time whining on it
I don't care about being rich. I do care whether I live in a society that punishes and criminalizes poverty.

I'm a firm believer you make your own way in life...it's full of choices, make the wrong ones and you'll end up in poverty, make the right ones and you'll succeed. It's all on the individual
Yeah who brings you up doesn't matter? No father , mother working what choices do you have?

Maybe you ought to re-read that Holy Bible to which I actually, and you only claim to hold dear.

If you think wealth is so underrated why are you bitching about the poor not having money?

Success can be measured in many ways but yes wealth is one of them. I am well versed in the Bible...in fact it encourages hard work.

Yeah who brings you up doesn't matter? No father , mother working what choices do you have?

I didnt have a father in my life since I was 11 years old and I did fine.
I'll admit I was a fuck up till I reached 18 and then I realized I didnt want to live that way and knuckled down.

If you think wealth is so underrated why are you bitching about the poor not having money?
Because the poor will actually spend more money if they have it, rather than hoarding it like the rich. That will actually benefit society as a whole by creating economic opportunity.

The argument is practical economics; the GOP taxation policy is sheer idiocy based on faith in the fully disproved ideas of an Austrian lunatic.

Sure it does children that have a stable home life and two parents have a leg up but there are still options in life. Sadly you people use it as a crutch and demand those that do succeed "share it with you".

Success can be measured in many ways but yes wealth is one of them. I am well versed in the Bible...in fact it encourages hard work.
So you think poor people don't work hard?

That's ignorant in the extreme.

If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.- Leviticus 25:35 (ESV)

Because the poor will actually spend more money if they have it, rather than hoarding it like the rich. That will actually benefit society as a whole by creating economic opportunity.

The argument is practical economics; the GOP taxation policy is sheer idiocy based on faith in the fully disproved ideas of an Austrian lunatic.

How can the poor spend more money? They have less than the rich....you're struggling here.

Yeah but not everyday like companies want you to work...

The wife and I are in the top 5% and we spend more money when we make more money.
And we spend it on high end goods that do more for the economy than buying more beer.

I'll admit I was a fuck up till I reached 18 and then I realized I didnt want to live that way and knuckled down.
You imo are the exception

If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.- Leviticus 25:35 (ESV)

Well we basically supported my husband's brother when his wife died and he spiraled down and still support his son so we're doing pretty good, eh?

Whom did you beat up?

You imo are the exception

Why?

The wife and I are in the top 5% and we spend more money when we make more money.
And we spend it on high end goods that do more for the economy than buying more beer.

Good example: A poor individual buys a used car, maybe 10 grand, a well of individual buys a BMW, maybe 60 grand.

So poor people will just buy booze and drugs?

Turn off FoxNews: you've been brainwashed.

Whom did you beat up?

Poverty.

Forum List

Back