Slippery Slope of Same Sex Marriage

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy

That was not what a federal judge ruled.

He threw out cohabitation criminal statutes without touching bigamy laws.

Alla youse betta unner'stan da difurunce

He says people can spiritually marry but cannot commit bigamy.

Learn the difference.

Why shouldn't polygamy be legal? Why should it be illegal to have multiple marriage partners?

Considering your avatar, that's a pretty funny thing for you to write.

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy

That was not what a federal judge ruled.

He threw out cohabitation criminal statutes without touching bigamy laws.

Alla youse betta unner'stan da difurunce

He says people can spiritually marry but cannot commit bigamy.

Learn the difference.

Why shouldn't polygamy be legal? Why should it be illegal to have multiple marriage partners?

Do you think polygamy should be legal?

Why shouldn't polygamy be legal?

It is legal, including now in Utah.

Polygamy is merely ‘living together,’ pretending to be ‘married.’ And it has nothing to do with the issue of same-sex couples marrying.

Why should it be illegal to have multiple marriage partners?

Because that constitutes fraud, known in most jurisdictions as bigamy.

Bigamy and polygamy are not the same.

Bigamy is illegal because it involves securing two or more marriage licenses in an attempt to defraud the state.

As with polygamy, bigamy has nothing to do with same-sex couples and marriage because marriage laws are written to accommodate two equal partners, not three or more.

It is legal, including now in Utah. Polygamy is merely ‘living together,’ pretending to be ‘married.’ And it has nothing to do with the issue of same-sex couples marrying.

Make sure that you understand the spiritual or religious multiple marriages are legal ONLY IF they don't break bigamy laws.

Google: macquirelatory.com/Marriage%20License%20Truth.htm

Why shouldn't polygamy be legal?

It is legal, including now in Utah.

Polygamy is merely ‘living together,’ pretending to be ‘married.’ And it has nothing to do with the issue of same-sex couples marrying.

Why should it be illegal to have multiple marriage partners?

Because that constitutes fraud, known in most jurisdictions as bigamy.

Bigamy and polygamy are not the same.

Bigamy is illegal because it involves securing two or more marriage licenses in an attempt to defraud the state.

As with polygamy, bigamy has nothing to do with same-sex couples and marriage because marriage laws are written to accommodate two equal partners, not three or more.
They aren't pretending to be married, just because they don't have a government license, doesn't make their marriage less real.

Fraud? How is it fraud?

So the law should be able to restrict how many partners you want to commit yourself to? Why do you support denying people who want to love and support each other a marriage license? You are trying to restrict love based on numbers.

You don't really support free association at all, what are you, prejudiced toward fundamentalist Mormons?

Last edited:
If marriage can mean anything then it means nothing. So much for "gay marriage won't affect your marriage one bit."
Fags lying. Like it never happens.

The court's decision is based on the free exercise clause. I've never heard anyone say that gay marriage is a constitutionally protected right under the free exercise clause. Therefore, claiming that gay marriage has led to the outcome of this court case via a slippery slope is factually false and logically incoherent.
That's a legal nicety. It's a mindset issue. Once you accept that marriage is not between one man and one woman then it can mean whatever you want. And thus has no meaning.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. This is nothing more than the court applying the constitution's free exercise protections. It has nothing to do with gay marriage.

If homosexual marriages are legal so is polygamy a Federal Judge rules. Read decision @ http://jonathanturley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/brown-summary-judgment-decision.pdf

Who didn't see this coming?

Followed by this:

Polygamy advocates hail judge's ruling in Utah
December 14, 2013 - 7:04 PM
By MARTIN GRIFFITH, Associated Press

Advocacy groups for polygamy and individual liberties on Saturday hailed a federal judge's ruling that key parts of Utah's polygamy laws are unconstitutional, saying it will remove the threat of arrest for those families.
- See more at: Sister Wives: Judge Rules Key Parts of Utah Anti-Polygamy Law Unconstitutional | CNS News
Being liberal is a mental disorder, they opened a pandoras box with this. I'm sure incest and pedofiles will be next. Turning a once great country into a cesspool.

And this is an example of the hate and ignorance the Framers feared, motivating them to create the Constitution, to protect citizens from such hate and ignorance.

Meanwhile you lied about a Federal prosecutor threatening legal action if one insults Islam.

If multiple partners are allowed to live together and pretend to be married, how long will it take for a common law marrige case to make polygamy legal. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Read what I wrote just above. It's also what I've written many other times. Between consenting adults, it no one else's business. My point is, those who worship Putin are, by definition, anti-freedom.

Read what I wrote just above. It's also what I've written many other times. Between consenting adults, it no one else's business. My point is, those who worship Putin are, by definition, anti-freedom.
I worship Putin? How so?

Anti-Freedom? Freedom is a subjective term. Saying I am "anti-freedom" means nothing in of itself.

If multiple partners are allowed to live together and pretend to be married, how long will it take for a common law marrige case to make polygamy legal. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

The op mentions the pretend poly-marriage of the tv show Sister Wives. I realize rw's don't care about children, but what about the kids in that mess? Granted that there does not seem to be the stigma attached to "bastards" anymore, the kids are being raised in, what I would consider to be less than healthy circumstances.

And, it doesn't really matter what they choose to call themselves - only one of the women is in a legal and society-recognized marriage.

What does that mean to the kids in the future?

And, not all pretend poly-marriages get the injection of money they do from their tv contracts.

I worship Putin? How so?

Anti-Freedom? Freedom is a subjective term. Saying I am "anti-freedom" means nothing in of itself.

Okay, you use Putin as your avatar because you disagree with his anti-freedom govt.

The op mentions the pretend poly-marriage of the tv show Sister Wives. I realize rw's don't care about children, but what about the kids in that mess? Granted that there does not seem to be the stigma attached to "bastards" anymore, the kids are being raised in, what I would consider to be less than healthy circumstances.

And, it doesn't really matter what they choose to call themselves - only one of the women is in a legal and society-recognized marriage.

What does that mean to the kids in the future?

And, not all pretend poly-marriages get the injection of money they do from their tv contracts.

All the more reason to legalize polygamy, for THE CHILDREN.

I worship Putin? How so?

Okay, you use Putin as your avatar because you disagree with his anti-freedom govt.

I don't agree or disagree with everything his government does. It isn't a yes or know question.

And like I said before, you haven't even defined freedom. Some people defined "freedom" as having lower taxes and not having the government monitor your phone calls, emails, web history etc. In that case, Russia has lower taxes, and has offered political asylum to Edward Snowden for exposing the unconstitutional actions of the US Government.

But like I said before, freedom is a subjective term, and you haven't even begun to define it yet. So your attempted slur means nothing.

I worship Putin? How so?

I don't agree or disagree with everything his government does. It isn't a yes or know question.

And like I said before, you haven't even defined freedom. Some people defined "freedom" as having lower taxes and not having the government monitor your phone calls, emails, web history etc. In that case, Russia has lower taxes, and has offered political asylum to Edward Snowden for exposing the unconstitutional actions of the US Government.

But like I said before, freedom is a subjective term, and you haven't even begun to define it yet. So your attempted slur means nothing.
Putin got his clock cleaned by President Obama.

THAT is why he's Snowden's new best friend.

BTW, was it you who posted that Putin shoots tigers, as though that's a good thing to do?

I worship Putin? How so?

O, and your description of Putin ...

I must be thinking of a different Putin.

:rolleyes:

O, and your description of Putin ...

I must be thinking of a different Putin.

:rolleyes:
No, don't think so.

You still haven't defined what freedom means yet, how I am "anti-freedom", or how I worship Putin. You have offered no evidence or arguments, you have only rolled your eyes.

Putin got his clock cleaned by President Obama.

THAT is why he's Snowden's new best friend.

BTW, was it you who posted that Putin shoots tigers, as though that's a good thing to do?

LOL! Yeah, that's why the Saudis are abandoning the U.S. and China is making inroads.
Keep telling yourself Obama got the best of Putin.

Forum List

Back