CDZ Small Town America, Guns, and “Black Lives Matter”

its about "rich vs poor," and it always has been
So why, as a group, have blacks always been poorer than whites and still are?

1. Family break down.
2. Refusal to learn.
3. Bad money management.
4. Criminal activity.
5. Use government assistance.

Kids raised in broken homes do worse than those who are raised in intact homes with a mother and father.

Blacks to this day, bully and shun kids who do well in school.

They blow their money on crap, and don't invest and save.

They engage in criminal activity, which leads to poverty.

They use too much government assistance. People who live off the government, almost universally stay poor.

By the way, same is true of whites, and any race. Anyone who engages in those things, will be poor. All that do not engage in those things, will be wealthy.

Hossfly, sartre play, harmonica, Dogmaphobe, 2aguy, Death-Ninja, andaronjim

Your comments are all rather off topic. This thread is about “Small Town America, Guns, and ‘Black Lives Matter.’” It is mostly about consciousness in small communities and how they have changed (or not) over time. Perhaps some of you live in rural areas and have something to say about this issue? Or about gun militias and actual race relations in rural areas?

Last edited:
So, I went to the hairdresser this morning, and there was a small protest march by the Courthouse. No one had an issue with it, it was quiet. But there was a big SNORT when she shook her head, adding "the guys in pickups with flags showed up." We know who they were.
I hope those “guys in pickups with flags” didn’t scream that the people protesting at the Courthouse “followed hitler and Jim Jones and Stalin and Pol Pot and the Hutus” and “eat/shit/think/dream RACE.” :rolleyes:
LOL
She said they revved their engines and blew their horns, made a bunch of noise, mostly. "Kids," she suspected.
Or (I thought) grown men acting like kids. The noise thing does sound like kids though.

Last edited:

Your comments are all rather off topic. This thread is about “Small Town America, Guns, and ‘Black Lives Matter.’” It is mostly about consciousness in small communities and how they have changed (or not) over time. Perhaps some of you live in rural areas and have something to say about this issue? Or about gun militias and actual race relations in rural areas?
your op talked about the 60s riots I followed up with comments on the 60s riots.

you don't really need to be THAT much of a control freak, you know. the entire left seems to be afflicted with that particular malady these days

We have all seen media coverage of criminal looting and of statues being torn down, and maybe the much larger, peaceful, but less photogenic marches of hundreds of thousands in large cities. People mostly see and pay attention to what confirms their biases.

Yet looting, arson and violence today are nothing like on the scale of the 1960s, when Civil Rights leaders and liberal politicians were assassinated, and anger boiled over. Party partisanship and conspiracy thinking, however, certainly seem higher than ever. While the screamers are more emboldened today, I believe race relations in general have improved.

I watched recently some videos about black and white and integrated gun clubs, and how many organized to act if needed ... without overt racism and without lunatics starting trouble. In rural areas where gun ownership is most prevalent, where voters are much more conservative and “white,” and in areas where police, demonstrators and guns sometimes mixed on the streets, we seem to have gotten through this period — thank heaven — without any serious disasters.

The number of white demonstrators peacefully joining protests against racism and police violence, the increasing recognition among the young that racism is indeed a problem in American society — not just among police, whose jobs are difficult in the best of times — these are encouraging to me. I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:

On TV and on social media, the protest movement sweeping the country often looks grim and explosive, a montage of rubber bullets and teargas, activists facing off with police, low-flying military helicopters, broken store windows. When protests first started popping up in small towns across the country, some residents could only imagine they were the work of interlopers. Rumors whipped through dozens of rural and suburban communities about busloads of anti-fascist activists on their way to wreak havoc....

For people living in small towns, the dissonance between the dark fantasy of antifa marauders and the actual nature of local protests—many of which have included kids, dogs, and elderly people—has been hard to miss.... [Soon] armed counter-demonstrators largely disappeared. “They have been made to look kind of silly. You should have seen how they showed up. It was like a war—these people showed up for an enemy that was never there,” said [one black musician in almost all white Klamath Falls, Oregon]. Meanwhile, people continued to gather in town for Black Lives Matter rallies during the first two weeks of June. “I think it’s very important because it shows people, you know, a different side of things? It’s happening in these smaller towns with little to no black population. That shows people this is a human thing, and that there’s a lot of us out there who care about each other and want to stand up for each other. And you know, change can happen from anywhere”....

Some protests offered at least a temporary reclamation of public space in communities long defined by segregation and legacies of brutal racism—places like Vidor, Texas, a former Ku Klux Klan haven that Texas Monthly described as the state’s “most hate-filled town” during a struggle over court-ordered desegregation of public housing in the early 1990s....

“I’ve never seen so many white people give a darn about black people,” said Mildred Henderson, a 78-year-old woman and veteran activist who was interviewed by The Southern Illinoisan at a June 4 rally in Anna, Ill. In 1909, mobs drove black residents out of Anna after a lynching in a nearby town; for decades, Anna was known as a sundown town, where black people were not welcome after dark. Although Anna was originally named for a woman, the town’s racist history has given it an unofficial acronym: “Ain’t No [N-words] Allowed.” Kevin Jackson, who also attended the protest in Anna, told the Belleville News-Democrat that it was the first time he’d ever walked down the town’s Main Street... “I probably wouldn’t do it again without my white brothers and sisters,” Jackson said.

Black Lives Matter Protests Are Everywhere, Even in the Unlikeliest Places
For whatever reason, George Floyd may the impetus that finally gets things going. But I think this is more of a "final straw" than some sea change.

The President's supporters want to pretend this is a BLM vs. America, Whites vs. Blacks situation, and it obviously is not. They want to ignore the profound reasons for the protests and write them off as ONLY a bunch of rioters who just got pissed off one day for no reason.

I don't think that will work any more, and I think they know it. And they're just not intellectually or morally equipped to do anything about what is coming. My concern is that what is coming will also go too far, but that seems to be the way we are.

I don’t know much about “small town America” but I’m pretty sure there are huge differences by region, and even within the same regions. Rich vs. poor. Alcoholism. The huge drug epidemics, increasing suicides, joblessness, disappeared small farms, all affect many whites in rural areas, not to mention rotten schools, medical services, bad internet, etc. Now after COVID-19, long-term closing of schools (if it occurs) and distant learning will worsen the gap in education as well, as less motivated students will have no teachers to impose minimum discipline. Actually, the rural poor and urban poor have equal complaints in many respects, but racial, cultural and political divisions tend to prevent them from uniting to demand better treatment from the corporate elites who dominate society.

Last edited:
Even as an “organization,” Black Lives Matter is a very decentralized and amorphous group. It started as an internet hashtag and is no more “Marxist“ than my Aunt Ellie. From the beginning it has been torn by differences, for example on how to approach Bernie Sanders and how to approach black policemen and black Mayors. It is most potent not as an organization but as a diverse movement. Its tactics vary from place to place and time to time, and also on the local personalities in charge.

I note that here on this thread BLM’s virulent critics see it as everything from a mere front group of deluded ignoramuses manipulated by rich whites, to a serious black Marxist revolutionary organization determined to exterminate the American way of life. Neither, of course, is anywhere close to the truth. In any case, this thread is really not about Black Lives Matter as an organization, but rather as a protest movement, and how those protests fit into evolving small town American consciousness.

This Wiki article discusses BLM and its critics: Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia

Actully they're seen as merely violent gangster thugs running an extortion racket, which is the pattern for nearly all black political organizing, whatever lofty names they invent for themselves.

lol at 'Wikipedia article'. Please at least try and fake being serious; it's the CDZ Zone ... lol
What's wrong with the Wiki article? Specifically? I thought it was pretty comprehensive, but like I said, I'm a novice.

Even though Wiki isn't considered a valid source for any book or paper by any academic institution in the U.S., you mislead students about its credibility? I'm not surprised at all. Why not just read BLM leaders themselves? They're a terrorist communist gang of racist thugs, and make no secret of it; the only people avoiding the facts about BLM are frauds like yourself and 'Tom Paine' and the other Democrats, trying to paint them as some sort of holy sainted 'Rights' group.

Last edited:
I've really let myself get off track here a couple different ways. I apologize for that.

When I read your thoughtful OP, I didn't really see anything to argue about. It was cheering and hopeful. I go to the hairdresser tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a little different idea then (the local diner where I usually keep my ear to the rails to listen for the current buzz is not open for breakfast right now). Black racism isn't something that comes up around here in general conversation, because we're 97% white and all anyone sees, or knows, is what's on the tv or in movies. Our state has had no riots. Protests have been peaceful. People around here are more influenced by media than any personal experience.

What we do have is two Native American reservations, and there IS stereotyping, hostility, suspicion and downright nastiness between the Natives and whites among some people. It goes in both directions, too; I've worked with folks on both reservations and in the towns surrounding them. The Hispanics who come to work seasonal jobs (and a very small number that never leave) pretty much stick to themselves and don't speak much English so they're more ignored than anything. It seems to suit them fine.

Based on the reaction to the Native Americans--who have been here longer than "we" have, and have been feared by whites from the start and avoided whenever possible--I would say that small town America, at least my small town, certainly has its bigots. So with all the talk on this board, and what I fear from the ignorance of my fellow townsmen, it was hopeful to read that things seem to be doing pretty well. People are learning, they are sympathetic to unfairness. At least among blacks. Now if they could do the same for the Native Americans, we'd be in pretty good shape.

lol of course in Commie World it's always those white people who are the violent bigots .... lol lol lol

Indians were put on reservations for a good reason; if the Feds hadn't of stepped in and moved them out to the middle of nowhere their neighbors would have had to kill off the violent thieving savages to protect their families and themselves. Yet the resent the favor, having been fed a lot of BS by fake left wing 'historians' about the real cause of their dependence on Federal subsidies, same as most blacks have been. Most of these groups self-segregate, especially 'minorities'.

Last edited:
Actually, the rural poor and urban poor have equal complaints in many respects, but racial, cultural and political divisions tend to prevent them from uniting to demand better treatment from the corporate elites who dominate society.

Rubbish. Eastern elitist Democrats made a point of demonizing the white working class and made them bear the brunt of the 'sacrifices' made in the name of 'Affirmative Action' and its illegal quotas systems and all the rest. you love discrimination, as long as you can pretend it's those 'racist bubbas' who are the only ones getting screwed. Wall street loves you racist shills, since that is the very same demographic that opposed all those crooked 'Trade' treaties and the labor racketeering bonanzas for 'globalists' since the 1970's. It's all those former labor Democrats that elected Trump, ans will elect him again, while you arrogant racist pseudo-intellectuals amuse yourselves make up nonsense like your posts. Democrats are very much into class warfare, same as establishment Republicans. Many of you actually get off on tossing white proles under the bus just to demonstrate your snotty contempt for them and their rights, and like 'Libertarians' who demand legal protections from their slaves, you then demand legal protection from your victims.

Black thugs demand protection from whites defending themselves. you want to make that happen for them.

Last edited:

What is off topic about post #24? Elucidate.

I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:
I think it's important to note the distinction between "black lives matter" and Black Lives Matter. The demonstrations described in the excerpt, and I think at large, are the former rather than the latter. As a statement, "black lives matter" is factual and supported by almost every single person in this country. Black Lives Matter on the other hand is an organization founded by "trained Marxists" (their words not mine) who hold views most find extreme. To say the people participating in these demonstrations, especially those occurring in the small towns from the excerpt, are supporting the destruction of the nuclear family, overthrow of capitalism, and general restructuring of American society among other things, would be incorrect.
That's true. However radical the Black Lives Matter organizers may be, they are still the negotiators for change, I believe, and although we may not support their whole agenda, we can't throw out the baby with the bathwater, either. Let's say you are Pro-Life. Does that mean you wouldn't negotiate with Democrats over an infrastructure plan? Of course not.
So, knowing BLM has these ideas is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that they are advocating for positive change for their communities, and the primary agenda item they are focusing on right now is changes in the justice system. Ideals are things we keep in mind while we grasp at what in reality we can reach.

I excerpt below from an article about largely white “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations in small communities in America:
I think it's important to note the distinction between "black lives matter" and Black Lives Matter. The demonstrations described in the excerpt, and I think at large, are the former rather than the latter. As a statement, "black lives matter" is factual and supported by almost every single person in this country. Black Lives Matter on the other hand is an organization founded by "trained Marxists" (their words not mine) who hold views most find extreme. To say the people participating in these demonstrations, especially those occurring in the small towns from the excerpt, are supporting the destruction of the nuclear family, overthrow of capitalism, and general restructuring of American society among other things, would be incorrect.

As with almost everything else, there is nuance involved. A large part of the population doesn't do nuance so we get these blanket condemnations based on skin color and where you may stand on a particular topic.

your op talked about the 60s riots I followed up with comments on the 60s riots.

you don't really need to be THAT much of a control freak, you know. the entire left seems to be afflicted with that particular malady these days
You guys flock to any thread saying "BLM" like flies on shit and no matter what the discussion is, you turn it into the same disrespectful garbage about blacks. The OP was being more than polite, and he should have taken control of this discussion a long time ago.

For real life stuff, the Peanut Gallery can find those studies on black people evacuated from New Orleans to the dastardly Evul Small Town America' where all these savage evul racist whites live and compare their results to those who were merely shuttled to ghettos in Houston and other urban wonderlands of Democrat managed Diversity. No need to eat up left wing bullshit propaganda by the bucketful just because they repeat Big Lies in endless loops. Anybody who can also read the BLM agenda from its leaders themselves will also be better off.

Ask yourself why the list of corporations supporting this violent racist gang of vermin include so many who also loved doing business in Red China and other police and narco states and propping up their economies while merely mooching off the U.S.'s, and now that Red China is no longer a corporate paradise of prison style factories and zero labor rights why would these corps want to implement the same style of 'business friendly' police state here.

You guys flock to any thread saying "BLM" like flies on shit and no matter what the discussion is, you turn it into the same disrespectful garbage about blacks. The OP was being more than polite, and he should have taken control of this discussion a long time ago.

What percentage of blacks do you think support the violent communist inspired racist ethnic cleansing agenda of the BLM front, and why do you feel that white people are somehow obligated to endorse the hate and the genocidal mass murders it plans for the country?

If over 90% of blacks support BLM, then who are the ones really spewing 'disrespectful garbage' around here?

Hey OldLady. You are one of my favorite democrat posters because you actually ask questions and are curious. You don't just insult and dodge. I grew up in a small town. We were all farmers with two major rules. Work hard, and believe in God. I find it curious that people are surprised that small towns are not just big Klan meetings. It was little league and fish fries. I asked before, but I'll ask you specifically. What is the government supposd to do to improve the lives of minorities in long suffering urban settings? While racism is definitely a problem, how is accusing huge amounts of people of racism supposed to help these urban settings? How will that make fatherhood and education culturally desirable? If we make policing more fair, and prosecute people who discriminate under the existing laws, will that fix Detroit, Chicago, Philly, ect. No. Doesn't it seem likely that there is a larger problem than race that is plaguing these urban areas? I'd love for BLM to get police reform, but I'm doubtful that 'institutional racism' is the root cause of many cities being more dangerous than Central America. I said it before, I want everyone to have opportunity and hope, but I'm not sure the New York Times and many other publications implying that most white people are Klansmen is going to help anybody in those troubled cities.

That's true. However radical the Black Lives Matter organizers may be, they are still the negotiators for change, I believe, and although we may not support their whole agenda, we can't throw out the baby with the bathwater, either. Let's say you are Pro-Life. Does that mean you wouldn't negotiate with Democrats over an infrastructure plan? Of course not.
So, knowing BLM has these ideas is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that they are advocating for positive change for their communities, and the primary agenda item they are focusing on right now is changes in the justice system. Ideals are things we keep in mind while we grasp at what in reality we can reach.

The change they demand is the destruction of the USA. They want this country to be turned into a socialist nightmare.

Forum List

Back