🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Smoking Bans

Should Smoking be Banned in Businesses?

• Total voters
My health is more important than your so called right to pollute your body and the air around me.

My health is more important than your so called right to pollute your body and the air around me.

Cars and trucks spew more pollutants than a smoker so maybe you control freaks should ban them too.

Cars and trucks spew more pollutants than a smoker so maybe you control freaks should ban them too.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Moreover, no one is seeking to 'ban' smoking, or 'control' anything or anyone, for that matter.

I won't get cancer from them.

Really?

http://www.ehhi.org/reports/exhaust/summary.shtml

I just will never understand you people.

If a person is smoking outside it really is no danger to you and if a business wants to allow smoking you do not have to patronize that business.

What is this pathological need you people have to control others?

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Moreover, no one is seeking to 'ban' smoking, or 'control' anything or anyone, for that matter.

The title of the thread is "Smoking Bans" is it not?

Cars and trucks are not allowed to operate in a restaurant or bar either

I specifically said outside in my response didn't I?

And you don't have to patronize bars and restaurants that choose to allow smoking do you?

Hey skull, how about noise ordinances. Bet you hate them too?

Should YOUR neighbor, while partying on HIS private property have the RIGHT to blare his stereo at full volume till 5AM without you being upset or calling the cops?

When the smoker is outside your place of business smoking away, what if an employee wanted to listen to rap music at loud volumes. With out ear buds. And other employees hated it. Is that something you would "allow" an employee to do?

Where does it end with you skull. What action taken by another, even if on their own property would make you think that this person had gone to far? And noise is the perfect choice to see how accommodating you are to others whose actions may offend you. Like smoking offends others, noise can do the same.

Skull, do you think noise ordinances should be eliminated?

Should YOUR neighbor, while partying on HIS private property have the RIGHT to blare his stereo at full volume till 5AM without you being upset or calling the cops?

When the smoker is outside your place of business smoking away, what if an employee wanted to listen to rap music at loud volumes. With out ear buds. And other employees hated it. Is that something you would "allow" an employee to do?

Where does it end with you skull. What action taken by another, even if on their own property would make you think that this person had gone to far? And noise is the perfect choice to see how accommodating you are to others whose actions may offend you. Like smoking offends others, noise can do the same.

He shows why libertarians are openly mocked

I care only about myself........

Poor analogy.

A guy smoking in his back yard at all hours of the day will not cause me any harm will it?

If a business chooses to allow smoking you do not have to patronize that business do you? Just like if you don't like loud music you do not have to patronize clubs that play loud music.

If something offends you then it's up to you to avoid it is it not?

I'm not a libertarian. And it seems to me you want to restrict the freedom of people because it's good for you.

I don't smoke and I have no problem with a business allowing smoking if they choose. I will simply chose not to patronize that business.

I'm not a libertarian. And it seems to me you want to restrict the freedom of people because it's good for you.

I don't smoke and I have no problem with a business allowing smoking if they choose. I will simply chose not to patronize that business.

And here you are wanting to restrict MY freedoms to party with loud music all night on MY property.......because staying up all night listening to me party........wouldn't be good for you. Noise is an excellent analogy.

But what about those businesses that allow smoking. Should those same businesses allow that loud objectionable music as well. I mean if you are spreading the garbage of smoke, what would be the problem of spreading loud rap music all through the work place?

Freedom is freedom. Right?

Hey skull. Smoking bans by a business isn't just about the customers.

Businesses have employees. Some don't smoke. Do they have any rights in your world. Or should they just quit their good job because the boss smokes and allows others to do same?

Businesses have employees. Some don't smoke. Do they have any rights in your world. Or should they just quit their good job because the boss smokes and allows others to do same?

Don't people have the choice to work where they do?

Can't you ask when you apply for a job whether the establishment allows smoking and then make a decision on whether or not to accept the position?

This stuff really isn't difficult to comprehend. Why do you have such a problem understanding it?

Can't you ask when you apply for a job whether the establishment allows smoking and then make a decision on whether or not to accept the position?

This stuff really isn't difficult to comprehend. Why do you have such a problem understanding it?

Hey skull, YOU ever notice their is a shortage of "good" jobs around.

You would't touch the "noise and freedom" issue I raised. How come?

I mean, you don't HAVE to live next to the noisy neighbor. Right? You can move. Just like the person can look for a new job.

What a 19th century mentality

We had the same attitude with worker protections. You don't like that coal mines kill people.......work elsewhere

And here you are wanting to restrict MY freedoms to party with loud music all night on MY property.......because staying up all night listening to me party........wouldn't be good for you. Noise is an excellent analogy.

No it isn't. There is no move to ban smoking in a private residence and someone smoking in a private residence does not affect you. Loud music does But then again I worked 3rd shift for years and I had to sleep during the day even if it was noisy. I bought a 50 cent set of earplugs and did just fine.

But what about those businesses that allow smoking. Should those same businesses allow that loud objectionable music as well. I mean if you are spreading the garbage of smoke, what would be the problem of spreading loud rap music all through the work place?

Freedom is freedom. Right?

They can allow it IF they want to. You do not have to go to those places do you?

I do not allow smoking in my business, Why would I care if someone else did?

I do not have to enter a business that allows smoking do I? DO You?

No.

Forum List

Back