🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Smoking Bans

Should Smoking be Banned in Businesses?

• Total voters
This is such a common sense issue. I do not and should not have to breathe in your second hand smoke in a building. That is simply wrong and common sense dictates as such. So if you are at a bar, go OUTSIDE and smoke. Puff away. Then I don't have to breathe in that crap. If you are willing to go outside, then puff away. Fill up you lungs with carcinogens.... good for you!

Common sense would be good. No one is saying you should have to breathe second hand smoke. Buildings that allow smoking should be clearly marked and you should never be forced to go in one.

This is such a common sense issue. I do not and should not have to breathe in your second hand smoke in a building. That is simply wrong and common sense dictates as such. So if you are at a bar, go OUTSIDE and smoke. Puff away. Then I don't have to breathe in that crap. If you are willing to go outside, then puff away. Fill up you lungs with carcinogens.... good for you!

Common sense would be good. No one is saying you should have to breathe second hand smoke. Buildings that allow smoking should be clearly marked and you should never be forced to go in one.
But that's not how liberal mind works. If they see building that allows smoking, they would demand smoking ban in it weather they need to enter inside or not. They would rather see that building closed for business for everyone, then "be unable" to go inside because it allows smoking.

I live in a retirement community. Smokers don't really bother me, because so few of them live long enough to move here, and those that do are soon hooked up to oxygen, have COPD, and seem to move from here to a skilled nursing facility pretty quickly.

I live in a retirement community. Smokers don't really bother me, because so few of them live long enough to move here, and those that do are soon hooked up to oxygen, have COPD, and seem to move from here to a skilled nursing facility pretty quickly.
GREAT for you grandma

Why should the non-smoker have to make the choice to go in or not?

The smoker has a choice of when he lights up and when he doesn't

We demand freedom from choice!

Because you're an adult

That's what adults do

Make informed decisions

There are societies that don't allow adults to do so

You might consider a move to Havana

Because you're an adult

That's what adults do

Make informed decisions

There are societies that don't allow adults to do so

You might consider a move to Havana

Very true

And adults should be capable of deciding when it is acceptable to light up and when it isn't. For decades, smokers were unable to make that distinction on their own........now they have to be told

Very true

And adults should be capable of deciding when it is acceptable to light up and when it isn't. For decades, smokers were unable to make that distinction on their own........now they have to be told

Adults don't expect to stumble through life with someone else making all their decisions for them.

Very true

Adults don't expect to stumble through life with someone else making all their decisions for them.

Of course you do

It is part of living in a society. You don't get to make your own rules

Very true

Of course you do

Or choices!

The smoking ban in Illinois has worked out great. Bars and restaurants haven't shut down like all of the doom and gloomers predicted.

The smoking ban in Illinois has worked out great. Bars and restaurants haven't shut down like all of the doom and gloomers predicted.

That must be nice. Did you know in some places, people still have to decide for themselves whether or not they want to dine with smokers! Oh, the humanity.

That must be nice. Did you know in some places, people still have to decide for themselves whether or not they want to dine with smokers! Oh, the humanity.
Sucks for them! I highly prefer eating in places that don't reek of cigarette smoke. Unfortunately before the ban there weren't a whole lot of places that were smoke free as business bowed down to the almighty smokers who make up a smaller percentage of the population. Too bad that they have to get off their lazy asses and go outside now.

Sucks for them! I highly prefer eating in places that don't reek of cigarette smoke. Unfortunately before the ban there weren't a whole lot of places that were smoke free as business bowed down to the almighty smokers who make up a smaller percentage of the population. Too bad that they have to get off their lazy asses and go outside now.

What did you do before? I mean, how in the world did you decide, all by yourself!? It must have been terribly stressful.

What did you do before? I mean, how in the world did you decide, all by yourself!? It must have been terribly stressful.

I'll tell you what I did before.

I sucked it up and breathed in the filth they were spitting out. My eyes were irritated, my hair and clothes stank and I risked whatever damage might get done. I had no other choices....breathe in the filth or stay home. For fear of offending smokers, most businesses reluctantly tolerated smoking in their establishment. They did not want to be "the one" who stood up to smokers

It took government to level the playing field. Nobody could allow smoking. Nobody received extra benefit and nobody received extra punishment. Should have been done decades ago

Those who constantly demand banning things, are small-minded Authoritarian jerks. It's much easier for them to demand banning anything or anyone they disagree with. Reminds you of that bunch of small-minded Authoritarian jerks called the Nazis. Banning things was their solution to everything as well. Let's reverse course. Let's no longer go the Nazi-route. Let's go the Freedom & Liberty-route instead.

I'll tell you what I did before.

I sucked it up and breathed in the filth they were spitting out. My eyes were irritated, my hair and clothes stank and I risked whatever damage might get done. I had no other choices....breathe in the filth or stay home. For fear of offending smokers, most businesses reluctantly tolerated smoking in their establishment. They did not want to be "the one" who stood up to smokers

It took government to level the playing field. Nobody could allow smoking. Nobody received extra benefit and nobody received extra punishment. Should have been done decades ago

Ahh ... so it was YOU who "bowed down to the almighty smokers"! Of course you had another choice. You could have said "no". You could have avoided the smoke pits and looked for places that respected their non-smoking customers. And why in the fuck didn't you??? If you'd had a pair and stood your ground, maybe half of us wouldn't now be whining to government like helpless children, begging them to make every goddamned decision for us.

Very true

Of course you do

Sure you do, for more than being forced to accept governmental mandates.

Do you feel that an adult can not make an informed decision on their own?

You should have taken the risk to open a restaurant.

Forum List

Back