Smollett has now been arrested

Right wingers are thrilled over this. Doesn't take much to make them happy, does it?

Happy that someone who committed a felony will have his day in court and happy that an actual hate crime did NOT happen, yes.

You are pathetic if you wish a hate crime DID happen.

I think we are all glad a hate crime didn't happen, and the perpetrator of this scam has been caught. What I was referring to was the implied belief by right wingers that the actions of one unethical person somehow reflects on everyone who isn't a right winger.

Right wingers are thrilled over this. Doesn't take much to make them happy, does it?

Happy that someone who committed a felony will have his day in court and happy that an actual hate crime did NOT happen, yes.

You are pathetic if you wish a hate crime DID happen.

I think we are all glad a hate crime didn't happen, and the perpetrator of this scam has been caught. What I was referring to was the implied belief by right wingers that the actions of one unethical person somehow reflects on everyone who isn't a right winger.
Hopefully political correctness will be seen what it really is... Controlling and evil

Both your answers are redundant, as they're already known.
All information is "already known". Duh.... you asked a question. I answered it.

Besides, why are you caping for the poster who I posed the question to?

Are you Captain Save-A-Hoe or sumthin'?
It's an open forum. I saw a rather obtuse question
and I addressed it. Please forgive me.
Good response.

In the end...

He’s a great spokesperson for the LGBT community.

It is what happened. Smollett's hoax was exploited by Trump Haters to smear people who dare to oppose the Prog Agenda. Look at the excessive news coverage this hoax received.
You will deem anything you don't want to hear as excessive, that doesn't make it so.

It was given the appropriate coverage for multiple reasons.

Reason 1, race was involved.

Reason 2, sexuality aka homosexuality was involved.

Reason 3, politics was involved

Reason 4, violence was involved.

Reason 5, a celebrity was involved.

All the necessary ingredients for a firebrand story, especially considering any one of those reasons could have made it a hot topic story to get lots of coverage.

Grow up and have real conversations for once.

It was covered because hysterical Identity Politics fake journalists promoted it in a sensationalist manner. Just as they did in the Covington and Kavanaugh situations. But keep it up, the more you race baiters continue to put a spotlight on hoaxes, the more people are repelled by the Prog Identity Politics agenda.
Don't forget hands up don't shoot. Do you know MarcAtl is such a deranged mental slave of democrat racist patronizing propaganda that he still thinks Officer Wilson was out shoot the gentle giant?

Yeap.

What a lost race. Convincing millionaire blacks that they are treated like slaves.

Could you imagine?

It’s the same crowd of disgusting assholes who said the Covington Kids got into the face of the valor stealing POS Native American, who is actually the fucking coward who got in the face of the children.

If you are UPSET that the kids did NOT disrespect the Native American, you are fucked and should be in therapy

I have a better handle on this story than you and i knew who he was before this. Despite the reports in the media, there are Trump supporters who watched Empire, myself included.
So what do you think will happen Hucklberry?

So you think people will hire him in the future? Want to bet? He's washed up. Gays and blacks should be mad at him. He's a liar and did them a huge disservice by crying wolf. I'm ashamed he's a liberal. In January this is what we knew

Smollett’s net worth is $500,000. He has made most of his money through acting over the years appearing in episodes of Coach, The Mindy Project, and Revenge. Most recently in addition to Empire, Smollett has starred as Langston Hughes in the Thurgood Marshall biopic, Marshall and he guest-hosted on Live! With Kelly in 2016 before Kelly Ripa found a permanent host in Ryan Seacrest.

How much does he make per episode on Empire?
In 2016, when Empire was entering its second season, it was reported that Smollett made $20,000 per episode for his role as Jamal Lyon. With approximately 18 episodes per season, that would bring his Empire salary to $360,000. Since this was Smullott’s salary just as Empirewas taking off –we’d expect that he’s earning a bit more since the show is well into its 5th season.

‘Empire’ producers consider suspending Jussie Smollett – Boston Herald
I don't know about the gay community, but the black community is very mad at him.

However, when they see whites overreacting to his deed, and make up lies about him, you're only guaranteeing that they'll rally around him.

He got rich via the black community by the way, hence none of you white people have ever heard of him before now, meanwhile we all knew of him for years, some of us many years, as he was a child star.

You honestly believe you have a better handle on this story than I do?
So you are different from us? Interesting should we separate you ?

It was covered because hysterical Identity Politics fake journalists promoted it in a sensationalist manner. Just as they did in the Covington and Kavanaugh situations. But keep it up, the more you race baiters continue to put a spotlight on hoaxes, the more people are repelled by the Prog Identity Politics agenda.
No one was hysterical about this except for MAGA people. Everyone in the media took a "let's wait and see" approach to the story. In fact, they were skeptical and expressed such sentiments from the very beginning, which would not have been done when whites were the perpetrators of a hoax.

Republicanism has rotted your brain dudue.

MAGA haters will do anything to force their ideology on people they disagree with...
That's not what happened here though.

He used an easy target, the MAGA haters, to get to his ultimate goal, not get booted from the hit show he was on.

If you're truly interested in "not stirring the pot", which I believe you pretend to be, you'd just see it for what it is and not make up crap.
What was his goal?

If it was a black athiest beating up a white man because he is a christian. There wouldn't be a peep from the media.
And if your uncle was a girl, she'd be your aunt, right?

What does that have to do w/the price of tea in China?

If he really needed to get attention, he should have taken his ass to a starbucks and sat down, walked around in a high priced lobby at some hotel late at night, drive on the white side of chicago after dark I mean there are better and cheaper ways to get white people on your ass, Jessi

MAGA haters will do anything to force their ideology on people they disagree with...

He used an easy target, the MAGA haters, to get to his ultimate goal, not get booted from the hit show he was on.

If you're truly interested in "not stirring the pot", which I believe you pretend to be, you'd just see it for what it is and not make up crap.
What was his goal?
To not get written off, aka booted from his hit show.

I stated as much.

Yep, he did, and his hatred for Trump must have played into his actions, although he denies it now.
upload_2019-2-21_11-39-38.jpeg

Though, I am not going to say that they personally had anything to do with the scheme. That is then doing as he did to Trump supporters, which was blatantly stupid. No evidence supports that in any way.
Totally agree. And when you watch his interviews now they make me want to punch his fucking face. He said, "who would make something like this up?" He even said I wouldn't lie about this because lying about this is a huge disservice to anyone who is beaten because of the color of their skin or because of who they love"

You mother fucker! They should have asked him one more question in that interview. What do you think should be done to a person who makes up a story like this? I would have loved to hear what his answer was. Not now because now he will say he need counseling not jail time. He will now say he is sorry and deserves a second chance.

What an idiot! He had the best fucking job in the world. Now he will never act again. OMG he just went from millionaire to felon who will someday either live with his parents or be homeless. Or he will work as a security guard like Gary Coleman did.

No way he ever gets another job in Hollywood. No way. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Or, he might work free and having him in your movie, people will watch sort of like when OJ simpson was in Airplane 3 after he killed his wife. People went just to see the murderer act.
Did you know who he was before this incident?
All progressives knew this guy, he was buddy buddy with the Obamas

What was his goal?
To not get written off, aka booted from his hit show.

I stated as much.
What about his MAGA statement...

Left wingers are upset that one of their many hoaxers was caught.

I am sorry that someone who claimed to share many of my beliefs would behave in such a way. It is upsetting.
Do you think it might be upsetting to Trump supporters to be labled racists by your party all day every day?

So you think people will hire him in the future? Want to bet? He's washed up. Gays and blacks should be mad at him. He's a liar and did them a huge disservice by crying wolf. I'm ashamed he's a liberal. In January this is what we knew

Smollett’s net worth is $500,000. He has made most of his money through acting over the years appearing in episodes of Coach, The Mindy Project, and Revenge. Most recently in addition to Empire, Smollett has starred as Langston Hughes in the Thurgood Marshall biopic, Marshall and he guest-hosted on Live! With Kelly in 2016 before Kelly Ripa found a permanent host in Ryan Seacrest.

How much does he make per episode on Empire?
In 2016, when Empire was entering its second season, it was reported that Smollett made $20,000 per episode for his role as Jamal Lyon. With approximately 18 episodes per season, that would bring his Empire salary to $360,000. Since this was Smullott’s salary just as Empirewas taking off –we’d expect that he’s earning a bit more since the show is well into its 5th season.

‘Empire’ producers consider suspending Jussie Smollett – Boston Herald
I don't know about the gay community, but the black community is very mad at him.

However, when they see whites overreacting to his deed, and make up lies about him, you're only guaranteeing that they'll rally around him.

He got rich via the black community by the way, hence none of you white people have ever heard of him before now, meanwhile we all knew of him for years, some of us many years, as he was a child star.

You honestly believe you have a better handle on this story than I do?

Black people do not become rich by only being popular in the black community. Lauren Hill showed she was a racist and as talented as she is, she's gone now because white people don't give a fuck about her politics.

Trust me, more white people watch Empire than do blacks.

Coach, The Mindy Project, and Revenge

These are shows white people watch no?

I just don't happen to watch Empire. Is it a black show?

Hell more whites than blacks watch blackish. If not the show would be cancelled for lack of ratings.

No black gets rich from the black community. If they whites don't like it then they never get rich.

I don't know if I have a better handle on the story than you. I'm still trying to figure out what you think and how your thinking differs from mine.

I say he should never work again in showbiz. Go be a fucking plumber. Or go to the black community and see how rich you get with just them as your fan base. Hell blacks hate gays.

Thrilled? No. You mean glad to see justice done to a guy that created a fake crime, trying to frame a political party and sent law enforcement on a wild goose chase, pulling precious resources away from solving real crimes against real victims. That, we are glad for.

And sad, he did a real disservice to gays and others, hit by real hate crimes.

I can't say I disagree with what you have listed. I do have a problem with people who use this case to try to taint those who have been victims of hate crimes. This guy's unethical behavior doesn't mean all victims are fake.

Forum List

Back