SO GLAD the Newtown Parents Are Coming Forward

500,000 to 3,000,000 cases of lawful self-defense each year per Obama.

SO what?

SO you've been proven wrong.

Again.

Actually, you throw out a number with a 600% variance, it's hard to take you seriously.

If I went in to my boss and said, "Hey, Boss, this project is going to cost either $500K or 3M. I'm really not sure which." I'm reasonably sure I'd be cleaning out my desk that day.

Only number that can be substantiated are those killed with guns.

Again.

Actually, you throw out a number with a 600% variance, it's hard to take you seriously.

If I went in to my boss and said, "Hey, Boss, this project is going to cost either $500K or 3M. I'm really not sure which." I'm reasonably sure I'd be cleaning out my desk that day.

I didn't throw out the numbers. The president's select research team did.

Guns are used in lawful self-defense 100's of thousands of times per year where a shot is never fired.

Again.

Guns are used in lawful self-defense 100's of thousands of times per year where a shot is never fired.

The problem is, that number can't be substantiated.

The lowest number is 65,000/yr. The highest is 2M a year. That tells me that you have some very loose criteria in counting that can and should be discounted from a policy making standpoint.

How many times was a gun used to threaten a neighbor, a family or used by a family member to threaten suicide, but a shot was never fired? Have any numbers for that.

On the other hand, 32,000 gun deaths a year- that's a substantial, verifiable number. And when only 200 of those are good guys killing bad guys, it tells me that guns are far more trouble than they are worth.

The lowest number is 65,000/yr. The highest is 2M a year. That tells me that you have some very loose criteria in counting that can and should be discounted from a policy making standpoint.

How many times was a gun used to threaten a neighbor, a family or used by a family member to threaten suicide, but a shot was never fired? Have any numbers for that.

On the other hand, 32,000 gun deaths a year- that's a substantial, verifiable number. And when only 200 of those are good guys killing bad guys, it tells me that guns are far more trouble than they are worth.

The Problem = regardless it shows guns are used lawfully in defense as much as they are used unlawfully to commit crimes. At a far greater rate that the 200 per year you bandy about all the time.

The Problem = regardless it shows guns are used lawfully in defense as much as they are used unlawfully to commit crimes. At a far greater rate that the 200 per year you bandy about all the time.

Again, you are using a fake standard.

That someone scared off a carjacker doesn't make up for the fact that someone was able to shoot up a school.

You ask any parent if they'd rather lose a child or a car, you'd know what I was talking about.

If you didn't need to kill him, you probably weren't in any danger.

So.

Zero.

That's bullshit.

If a guy breaks into your house and is armed with a knife you are not in danger?

idiot.

Almost never happens... so no, not really. If he came in with a knife, you'd probably need to shoot him.

But again, you guys are just soo scared of the "guy who breaks into your house" when m ost people are killed by folks they know.

Almost never?

You almost never get into a car accident do you still wear a seat belt?

You almost never would have your house burn down do you still want a fire department?

You almost never would get hit by lightning do you still golf in a thunderstorm?

And how many times do you have to be told that killing someone is not the objective?

That's bullshit.

If a guy breaks into your house and is armed with a knife you are not in danger?

idiot.

Almost never happens... so no, not really. If he came in with a knife, you'd probably need to shoot him.

But again, you guys are just soo scared of the "guy who breaks into your house" when m ost people are killed by folks they know.

Almost never?

You almost never get into a car accident do you still wear a seat belt?

You almost never would have your house burn down do you still want a fire department?

You almost never would get hit by lightning do you still golf in a thunderstorm?

And how many times do you have to be told that killing someone is not the objective?

Sorry, guy, killing someone is ALWAYS your objective. It's what you guys fantasize about when you lovingly clean your guns....

Incidnetly, I wear a seat belt because I'll be ticketed by an asshole cop if I didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

You don't need a gun.

Liberals like it when incidents happen like the housewife in New Jersey was beaten by that black guy. That's what they lovingly think of when they want gun bans. All those nasty white women getting what's coming to them and unable to fight back.

Forum List

Back