SO GLAD the Newtown Parents Are Coming Forward

The problem is, that number can't be substantiated.

The lowest number is 65,000/yr. The highest is 2M a year. That tells me that you have some very loose criteria in counting that can and should be discounted from a policy making standpoint.

How many times was a gun used to threaten a neighbor, a family or used by a family member to threaten suicide, but a shot was never fired? Have any numbers for that.

On the other hand, 32,000 gun deaths a year- that's a substantial, verifiable number. And when only 200 of those are good guys killing bad guys, it tells me that guns are far more trouble than they are worth.

The Problem = regardless it shows guns are used lawfully in defense as much as they are used unlawfully to commit crimes. At a far greater rate that the 200 per year you bandy about all the time.

Again, you are using a fake standard.

That someone scared off a carjacker doesn't make up for the fact that someone was able to shoot up a school.

You ask any parent if they'd rather lose a child or a car, you'd know what I was talking about.
It may mean nothing to unless it was your family that was victimized and you were powerless to stop it.

Liberals like it when incidents happen like the housewife in New Jersey was beaten by that black guy. That's what they lovingly think of when they want gun bans. All those nasty white women getting what's coming to them and unable to fight back.

They really can't fight back with guns.

Again, the badguy always has the obscene advantage of being able to pick the moment of attack.

It's too bad no one had a gun to stop the massacre

Yeah, because clearly what we needed in that situation is more untrained people shooting wildly.

How about a trained person shooting accurately?

How man children would have been saved if that occurred?

Okay, let's look at that.

Columbine- Two armed guards. Didn't make a bit of difference.
Virginia Tech- Entire Campus Police Department. Didn't make a bit of difference.
Fort Hood- FUCKING ARMY BASE!!!! Didn't make a bit of difference.

Nope. Sorry, the thing is, as long as the bad guy can get a gun, and can pick the moment of the horror, he always has the upper hand.

Yeah, because clearly what we needed in that situation is more untrained people shooting wildly.

How about a trained person shooting accurately?

How man children would have been saved if that occurred?

Okay, let's look at that.

Columbine- Two armed guards. Didn't make a bit of difference.
Virginia Tech- Entire Campus Police Department. Didn't make a bit of difference.
Fort Hood- FUCKING ARMY BASE!!!! Didn't make a bit of difference.

Nope. Sorry, the thing is, as long as the bad guy can get a gun, and can pick the moment of the horror, he always has the upper hand.

That's because they weren't where the action was when it was occurring.

However, the problem is we do not allow people with guns to legally carry them in schools. The criminals don't care what the laws are.

Imagine that!

Therefore, the criminals know that they won't have any resistance if they shoot up a school.

We need to allow people in those areas to resist.

[
It may mean nothing to unless it was your family that was victimized and you were powerless to stop it.

Again, never knew anyone who prevented their families from being victimized with a gun.

Know a few people who lost family members when that gun they bought for protection was used for Murder or Suicide.
Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

[

That's because they weren't where the action was when it was occurring.

However, the problem is we do not allow people with guns to legally carry them in schools. The criminals don't care what the laws are.

Imagine that!

Therefore, the criminals know that they won't have any resistance if they shoot up a school.

We need to allow people in those areas to resist.

NO, guy we need less guns in total..

All three cases I cited, the perp had no criminal record. One of them was an Officer, for crying out loud.

Almost never happens... so no, not really. If he came in with a knife, you'd probably need to shoot him.

But again, you guys are just soo scared of the "guy who breaks into your house" when m ost people are killed by folks they know.

Almost never?

You almost never get into a car accident do you still wear a seat belt?

You almost never would have your house burn down do you still want a fire department?

You almost never would get hit by lightning do you still golf in a thunderstorm?

And how many times do you have to be told that killing someone is not the objective?

Sorry, guy, killing someone is ALWAYS your objective. It's what you guys fantasize about when you lovingly clean your guns....

Incidnetly, I wear a seat belt because I'll be ticketed by an asshole cop if I didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

You don't need a gun.
Your worthless opinion

Forum List

Back