So I Mean...The American Recovery Act of 2021 Basically Creates UBI if You Have Kids

So I was doing some light reading today and this new Child Tax Credit that Biden is setting up looks great. They are going to be depositing $200 per child ($250? $300? I've heard 2 different numbers -- if the kid is under 6) monthly from the months of JULY - DEC each year going forward with the new Child Tax Credit. That means a family of 4 kids gets $800 or more each month JULY - DEC.

So the new bill signed essentially does what Andrew Yang was wanting when he ran in 2019: give $1000 checks to (some) Americans each month. Very cool. This will allow children food at the lunch line, and allow parents to help with clothing and other school-related items each month if they are a low income family.

Is that instead of a bigger refund or on top of it?

If a parent or parents take advantage of this during the year, they lose the credit on the income taxes come April, at least that is my understanding.
So I was doing some light reading today and this new Child Tax Credit that Biden is setting up looks great. They are going to be depositing $200 per child ($250? $300? I've heard 2 different numbers -- if the kid is under 6) monthly from the months of JULY - DEC each year going forward with the new Child Tax Credit. That means a family of 4 kids gets $800 or more each month JULY - DEC.

So the new bill signed essentially does what Andrew Yang was wanting when he ran in 2019: give $1000 checks to (some) Americans each month. Very cool. This will allow children food at the lunch line, and allow parents to help with clothing and other school-related items each month if they are a low income family.

I guess it is a miracle you have atleast done some "light" reading. That is a start. :D

You know that money don't come from a money tree don't you? Maybe for your next learning experience. Do some math.
I got the impression the money was getting paid anyway, just in one big check as part of the refund. This just breaks it up?
It almost makes me want to have kids again..

You're out of your fucking mind. There is nothing that could make me want that, not even almost...

I guess it is a miracle you have atleast done some "light" reading. That is a start. :D

You know that money don't come from a money tree don't you? Maybe for your next learning experience. Do some math.
I got the impression the money was getting paid anyway, just in one big check as part of the refund. This just breaks it up?
That is correct. The Trump administration raised the Child Tax Credit, this bill merely splits it up into monthly payments :D This is a gamechanger. It will be interesting to see what happens here.
This is just more control the government has. As government grows liberty shrinks.

The progressive dream. the govt takes care of you..
Imagine mocking people for wanting the Government to do its job.
Government's job is to protect and uphold the Constitution.
I agree with you. The government's job is to protect and take care of you.

It's interesting how you say you agree with him, and then say something completely different from what he said.

Show me where in the Constitution is says the Govt's job is to take money from producers and hand it out to lazy fucks who don't want to work.
Sure, let me take a look here *puts on eye-glasses*

Oh, it says right here "Go **** yourself, Nostra" signed by T.J I guess that means Thomas Jefferson.

Show me where in the Constitution is says the Govt's job is to take money from producers and hand it out to lazy fucks who don't want to work.

Oh, it says right here "Go **** yourself, Nostra" signed by T.J I guess that means Thomas Jefferson.
It's not the govt's job to take care of anyone. That's the progressive dream. No one has a right to anything beyond individual rights, and damages from other people's damage to their property.

Progressives think people want jobs, and not all do. Progressives think people would not push kids across the border and abandon them, but they do.

It's not the govt's job to take care of anyone. That's the progressive dream.
Dream will be a reality soon. Kamala 2024.

In other words, it says nothing of the sort, you KNOW it says nothing of the sort, but you're so used to living in your Mommy's basement that you want the government to behave like she does. And you're pissed that the grownups in the room keep intruding with all their nasty reality about the adult world.

And the reality is your dream is actually a nightmare. You are the reason the vote was originally only given to property owners: so that the rest of us wouldn't have to suffer through the pangs of adolescent arrogance with you.

I'm afraid the border will do the progressives in, again.

The pandemic will hopefully be over, but remember stimulus was held up when the progressives wanted UI to extend into the 4th qtr, when we will still have unemployment of probably 6%, but Manchin correctly noted that employers will be hiring and people need to need jobs.

Totally dude. I mean we just won *checks notes* 60 days ago, but yeah, the border will do us in again.

Totally dude. I mean we just won *checks notes* 60 days ago, but yeah, the border will do us in again.

Pretty impressive that President Houseplant can fuck everything up royally in such a short amount of time, I agree.

I accept your concession.

That was easy.

Welcome to the new slavery.

....and the new master is the same as the old master!

Forum List

Back