So I Mean...The American Recovery Act of 2021 Basically Creates UBI if You Have Kids

As long as those who already have are allowed to let their greed demand more and more and get away with all sorts of corruption, I'm going to support that for all, I do not care if you agree or not.
Don't know what this means in English.

You noted all the corruption in the markets. As long as they can get away with it, I support everyone getting away with it.

You agree that the markets are getting billions. I support handing money out to everyone then.
Corruption is in the heart of man, not the markets. That's why I support raising regulations on the fatcats who are greedy and corrupt.

You let me know when that happens.

As long as those who already have are allowed to let their greed demand more and more and get away with all sorts of corruption, I'm going to support that for all, I do not care if you agree or not.

You noted all the corruption in the markets. As long as they can get away with it, I support everyone getting away with it.

You agree that the markets are getting billions. I support handing money out to everyone then.
Corruption is in the heart of man, not the markets. That's why I support raising regulations on the fatcats who are greedy and corrupt.

Sure, I'll let you know as soon as it happens.

Okay, it happened. Have a good day!

Dodd Frank institutionalized Too Big to Fail.

Dodd-Frank doesn’t end ‘too big to fail’

None of the problems pre Dodd/Frank were resolved with Dodd/Frank.

On top of it! The refund is no longer a refund, though, that's the thing! It is turning into a payment system throughout the entire year, basically!

That's the entire thing. You no longer need to look at the tax credit at it as a "once a year thing you get in April". This bill is turning it into 6 payments throughout the entire 2nd half of the year (July - December). American parents and heads of household will no longer have to wait once a year for their tax credit money.

They feel that this monthly money will help during "school supply" months (end of Summer) and then the holidays.

With UBI, you don't need a job to get it.

With a tax credit? You still need to be employed and make that money in order to have a tax break.

If you didn't make that money. . . you won't get it back in those six payments.

Not even close to UBI. UBI gives money to folks that don't work.

Sorry, would you like to try again? :dunno:

The difference between a liberal and a conservative? A liberal views all money as the government's, so tax breaks are just government money that the government lets you keep.

Whose money is it that the Fed is pumping into the markets?

Whose money is it? Hint: we're not going to pay it back. The raid of the treasury is in full mode to usher in and implement a world currency. Its coming..........and fast. W did about 5-6 trillion in 8 years, O did 8-9 trillion in 8 years, Trump did 6 trillion in 4 years and the current buffoon has done over 2 trillion in less than 2 months.

You didn't actually answer the question.

You asked the question? You tell me. You must have the answer.

It's "ours" so all should share in it.

When the fed magically prints money and never pays it off, lol. Ok.

What is with random people on the Internet thinking they have a Doctorate in Economics and are more attuned to markets and the way of finance than 20 year Goldsman Sachs bankers? I'm being serious: go fly a kite.

The bankers that crashed the economy?

You're mistaking about greed, not education...why do you think the bankers did reverse swaps and derivatives? To LOSE money?

They knew there would be no repercussions.

I agree with you?

Again, you're confusing greed with knowledge/expertise. Yes, Capitalism is disgusting. Yes, bankers never get in trouble. Yes, Bernie Madoff was a scapegoat for about 1000 other people who needed to get caught and also go to prison.

I'm not disagreeing with your disgust at the greed of bankers. I'm disagreeing that you think you can do it as well as they can.

EDIT: Well originally, I was disagreeing that this LordTrout person knew anything about economics to talk about the Fed or money or where it comes from/how it works. But now I'm disagreeing with you.

Doesn't matter what you support. It's all about to collapse.

On top of it! The refund is no longer a refund, though, that's the thing! It is turning into a payment system throughout the entire year, basically!

That's the entire thing. You no longer need to look at the tax credit at it as a "once a year thing you get in April". This bill is turning it into 6 payments throughout the entire 2nd half of the year (July - December). American parents and heads of household will no longer have to wait once a year for their tax credit money.

They feel that this monthly money will help during "school supply" months (end of Summer) and then the holidays.

With a tax credit? You still need to be employed and make that money in order to have a tax break.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative? A liberal views all money as the government's, so tax breaks are just government money that the government lets you keep.

Whose money is it? Hint: we're not going to pay it back. The raid of the treasury is in full mode to usher in and implement a world currency. Its coming..........and fast. W did about 5-6 trillion in 8 years, O did 8-9 trillion in 8 years, Trump did 6 trillion in 4 years and the current buffoon has done over 2 trillion in less than 2 months.

What is with random people on the Internet thinking they have a Doctorate in Economics and are more attuned to markets and the way of finance than 20 year Goldsman Sachs bankers? I'm being serious: go fly a kite.

The bankers that crashed the economy?

You're mistaking about greed, not education...why do you think the bankers did reverse swaps and derivatives? To LOSE money?

They knew there would be no repercussions.

I agree with you?

Again, you're confusing greed with knowledge/expertise. Yes, Capitalism is disgusting. Yes, bankers never get in trouble. Yes, Bernie Madoff was a scapegoat for about 1000 other people who needed to get caught and also go to prison.

I'm not disagreeing with your disgust at the greed of bankers. I'm disagreeing that you think you can do it as well as they can.

EDIT: Well originally, I was disagreeing that this LordTrout person knew anything about economics to talk about the Fed or money or where it comes from/how it works. But now I'm disagreeing with you.

Doesn't matter what you support. It's all about to collapse.

That's fine.

The complaint was about getting money you didn't earn. The entire country is built upon that.

You're in for the freebies. That's all. It's all about to end. Get ready.

No it didn't.

The complaint was about getting money you didn't earn. The entire country is built upon that.

That's fine.

No it didn't.

Because you said so? LOL

All they had to do was reinstitute Glass-Steagall.

That's fine.

Of course it's fine with you. Leech it all out to the end. Get yours.

So I was doing some light reading today and this new Child Tax Credit that Biden is setting up looks great. They are going to be depositing $200 per child ($250? $300? I've heard 2 different numbers -- if the kid is under 6) monthly from the months of JULY - DEC each year going forward with the new Child Tax Credit. That means a family of 4 kids gets $800 or more each month JULY - DEC.

So the new bill signed essentially does what Andrew Yang was wanting when he ran in 2019: give $1000 checks to (some) Americans each month. Very cool. This will allow children food at the lunch line, and allow parents to help with clothing and other school-related items each month if they are a low income family.

I don't understand. 55 years of the war on poverty. Tens of trillions of dollars spent on it. We are driving South Korean designed and made vehicles and that nation was more agrarian then anything back when the war on poverty stated here. Children get breakfast and lunch from the schools. And they are even expanding to dinners. Now I do not want people to go to bed hungry. But damn. I want reparations for the children I raised. We all deserve reparations Progs caused a lot of problems and a massive number of single parent families not in good shape. But hey, we get to have pregnant women in the cockpit of military planes. Well worth it I tell you.

No it didn't.

Because you said so? LOL

Like I said, I agree with you. They do need to reinstitute Glass-Steagall and ban commercial banks from going double-agent as investment banks. As I mentioned earlier,
I support raising regulations on the fatcats who are greedy and corrupt.

The colloquial term "too big to fail" was popularized by U.S. Congressman Stewart McKinney in a 1984 Congressional hearing, discussing the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's intervention with Continental Illinois.[2] The term had previously been used occasionally in the press,[3] and similar thinking had motivated earlier bank bailouts.[4]

nothing to do with Dodd-Frank in the year 2010, 30 years later.

No it didn't.

Because you said so? LOL

Like I said, I agree with you. They do need to reinstitute Glass-Steagall and ban commercial banks from going double-agent as investment banks. As I mentioned earlier,

The colloquial term "too big to fail" was popularized by U.S. Congressman Stewart McKinney in a 1984 Congressional hearing, discussing the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's intervention with Continental Illinois.[2] The term had previously been used occasionally in the press,[3] and similar thinking had motivated earlier bank bailouts.[4]

We are still bailing out the markets every single day.

No it didn't.

Because you said so? LOL

The financiers/bankers control most of everything. Once they get nations to adapt a Fiat currency, politicians learn to start programs and then get voted in for them. If a politician stops, there are chances he/she will not be reelected. So adding a program means there is a good chance it will not end. The people who run government commit hari kari to degree over a period of time. The private bankers get a cut from every dollar produced and get some interest from it. Fiat currency creates great booms and great falls. It is good for deficit spending when it is needed, but we use it in good or bad times and its affect on the economy is not as great as it was many decades ago. Now it is safe to say it is needed or things may get real bad fast.

In the 1970's there was a malaise. The quotas, PC, diversity ramped up. The second half of the male white baby boomers were put last on the list for good jobs. Without going to college. So the post office, electric company, gas works, police, and fire departments and more were all to varying degrees very difficult to get into or near impossible depending on where you lived. Many white guys joined the then newly minted volunteer military as the draft ended. When they got out it was the same unless you could work in a field you were in while doing the military hitch if they were available. You did get 5 points added to tests for jobs though. The point is there were a lot of workers that were not that good but hired under the new rules and law. I started reading books on what you called conspiracies. They were stating even in earlier books then the mid to late 1970's there was a push to global government and many politicians, elites and others are part of it. You can laugh it off, but I will go to my death bed believing it. And frankly to know how insignificant we are to the people who have power, is depressing. It is 2021 and here we are. Propaganda is a powerful tool. Our egos must rule our actions. Our false pride overrides our good pride. At the end of the day there is no way we can spend a few dollars for every dollar without human suffering.

So I was doing some light reading today and this new Child Tax Credit that Biden is setting up looks great. They are going to be depositing $200 per child ($250? $300? I've heard 2 different numbers -- if the kid is under 6) monthly from the months of JULY - DEC each year going forward with the new Child Tax Credit. That means a family of 4 kids gets $800 or more each month JULY - DEC.

So the new bill signed essentially does what Andrew Yang was wanting when he ran in 2019: give $1000 checks to (some) Americans each month. Very cool. This will allow children food at the lunch line, and allow parents to help with clothing and other school-related items each month if they are a low income family.

And in what way is that "great" to anyone who's actually something more than an ignorant oxygen thief taking up valuable space?

Forum List

Back