So I recently got a FOID Card.

Not that I actually want to buy a gun... but I just wanted to see how easy it was to get.

Because I've heard the usual mewling from the Ammosexuals on this board screaming about how Illinois has the "Strictest gun laws in the nation!" and I wanted to see how strict they were.

I mean, they couldn't have been that strict if Robert Crimo AKA "Awake the Rapper" AKA the Highland Park shooter, was able to get one, and mow down seven people just trying to enjoy a nice parade. So I was curious.

So here's what happened.

I filled out a form.
I paid $11.00.
30 days later, I got my FOID Card, which means I can go into any store I want and buy a gun.

Now, obviously, I have no criminal record, am an honorably discharged veteran and have never been treated for a mental illness, so there's no reason why they SHOULD have denied me.

But man, I can't imagine they did a very thorough check for $11.00. I mean it must have cost at least $2.00 to make and mail the card.

Now I compare that to when I applied for my current job in 2020, or when I got my home loan in 2021. Those actually WERE Thorough background checks. They even found discrepancies that I wasn't aware of (and quickly got cleared up.) I should point out that my job happened because a manager there recommended me, and the bank that gave me my home loan had been doing business with me for 20 years. So neither was dealing with a stranger, but they STILL did the work.

Just so we're clear, you don't think having to obtain a photo ID to buy a gun is racist, right?

Okay, you see, this is where you believe a lot of bullshit mythology.

Why is the Gunfight at the OK Corral remembered? Because it WAS so unusual. It only involved three deaths, when town Marshalls tried to disarm people in violation of the town's firearm laws.

Gun ownership in Colonial times were rare. They weren't as common as you would think in the Old West.
I wasn’t arguing about the crime rate. I was discussing the fact that people who were not militia members have been allowed to purchase, own and often bear firearms through the history of our nation. That includes women.

1663018663841.jpeg

If you wanted to purchase a firearm, no one asked if you were a member of a local militia.

New York City was a much more dangerous place than the Wild West.

Let any victim of gun violence sue the gun industry for negligence when they sell to a Lanza, a Crimo, a Joker Holmes, or a Loughner.

The gun industry/manufacturers don't sell firearms to private individuals.

Even if a private citizen purchases a firearm from a manufacturer, it still has to be processed through a licensed firearms dealer.
The FBI and ATF control all the licenses, background checks, oversight and approvals for licensed dealers.

Good luck suing the FBI and ATF ... :auiqs.jpg:

The dishonest right has been lying about firearm regulatory measures for years, with neither proof nor evidence that any firearm regulatory measure has ‘prohibited’ citizens from obtaining firearms.
The dishonest left has been lying about firearms -- in general -- for years with neither a sound solution nor any way to protect a right not granted to us by government.

Uh... no.. the other characteristics of the AR-15 were designed specifically to military use. Lightweight, easy to maintain, long range stopping power, able to pierce light armor. It's a military weapon.

Coming from a guy who belongs to a cult started by fucking pedophiles, that really doesn't mean much, Bob.
Uh, no. The AR-15 is not used by the military. That would suggest it's not a military weapon. Ponder that and advise if you need remedial help.

Dude, your vote for Joe Biden killed 700,000 Americans, and that's just from Covid. The mass murders and starvation are still to come.

Really, because it seems to me most of those deaths were because Trump let the disease run rampant.

Another Republican fuckup fixed by a Democrat.

The dishonest left has been lying about firearms -- in general -- for years with neither a sound solution nor any way to protect a right not granted to us by government.

Sure there is.

First, you start with the notion that it isn't a "Right".
Then you make sure that there is THOROUGH Screening of people buying guns. I mean the kind of background check a bank or an employer would do.

The Germans already do this, and they have 500 gun murders a year compared to our 20,000.

Sure there is.

Then you make sure that there is THOROUGH Screening of people buying guns. I mean the kind of background check a bank or an employer would do.

The Germans already do this, and they have 500 gun murders a year compared to our 20,000.
It IS a right, one forbidden to be altered by you or any feckless government.

Jail gun offenders and keep them there is the solution. For life.

You making a lawful citizen weak and helpless will not save you from your cowardice.

Tell it to Remington, who just had to pay 73 MILLION to the Sandy Hook parents.
They didn't "have to pay". They settled the lawsuit.

The Bushmaster rifle was legally purchased by the shooter's (Adam Lanza's mother). If the case had continued, Remington would have owed nothing as they are immune from lawsuits. The lawyer bills continued to pile up and they already had to file bankruptcy. The judge should have thrown out the case a very long time ago.

Tell it to Remington, who just had to pay 73 MILLION to the Sandy Hook parents.

I don't have to tell it to Remington ... They still didn't sell any firearms to Lanza.

If you want to discuss whether or not I think a bunch of stuff is completely mishandled and wrong ...
There's no need ... I do think the government has overstepped its bounds, and I do think stupid politics
and lack of respect for Constitution has corrupted our court system.

Really, because it seems to me most of those deaths were because Trump let the disease run rampant.

Another Republican fuckup fixed by a Democrat.

Did too many people take public transportation?
Too many visits to China town?
I'm just glad Trump didn't do anything xenophobic like a travel ban to slow the spread.
Stopping xenophobia is much more important than stopping the China virus.

Sure there is.

Thug life ain't easy, yo!

It IS a right, one forbidden to be altered by you or any feckless government.

Jail gun offenders and keep them there is the solution. For life.

You making a lawful citizen weak and helpless will not save you from your cowardice.

Here's the problem with that. We've tried that. We lock up 2 million people. We have another 7 million on probation or parole. We have 100 million with some kind of police record. The prison industrial complex you pine for has ruined millions of lives.

Sensible precautions are not cowardice, it's prudence. The insanity of letting people like Joker Holmes, Adam Lanza, Robert Crimo, etc. have access to the kind of firepower we reserve for soldiers is pure madness.

Not that I actually want to buy a gun... but I just wanted to see how easy it was to get.

Because I've heard the usual mewling from the Ammosexuals on this board screaming about how Illinois has the "Strictest gun laws in the nation!" and I wanted to see how strict they were.

I mean, they couldn't have been that strict if Robert Crimo AKA "Awake the Rapper" AKA the Highland Park shooter, was able to get one, and mow down seven people just trying to enjoy a nice parade. So I was curious.

So here's what happened.

I filled out a form.
I paid $11.00.
30 days later, I got my FOID Card, which means I can go into any store I want and buy a gun.

Now, obviously, I have no criminal record, am an honorably discharged veteran and have never been treated for a mental illness, so there's no reason why they SHOULD have denied me.

But man, I can't imagine they did a very thorough check for $11.00. I mean it must have cost at least $2.00 to make and mail the card.

Now I compare that to when I applied for my current job in 2020, or when I got my home loan in 2021. Those actually WERE Thorough background checks. They even found discrepancies that I wasn't aware of (and quickly got cleared up.) I should point out that my job happened because a manager there recommended me, and the bank that gave me my home loan had been doing business with me for 20 years. So neither was dealing with a stranger, but they STILL did the work.

Yup, just think, it is easier to vote in a US national election than it is to vote for a Minecraft server.

Maybe government is so screwed up it should be closed up.

What do you think?

Did too many people take public transportation?
Too many visits to China town?
I'm just glad Trump didn't do anything xenophobic like a travel ban to slow the spread.
Stopping xenophobia is much more important than stopping the China virus.

Except his racist travel ban made things worse. 400,000 people flooded in from China between the time that we realized Covid was a thing and Trump imposed the travel ban. That meant thousands of panicked people rushing home to their families.

Racism wasn't a pandemic plan.

Thug life ain't easy, yo!

Yeah, like those Thugs at Sandy Hook, Stoneman High, Uvalde, yo!

Forum List

Back