So I recently got a FOID Card.

Except you can't kill someone with ink...
Gun bans work just fine in every country that has them... we've just never tried them.

"The Pen is Mightier than the Sword"

It doesn't make a difference if you can kill someone with ink or not ... Freedom of the Press is a Protected Right.
We never tried blanket gun bans in America ... Because they are blatantly Unconstitutional ... :auiqs.jpg:

Which is why we have so many misinformed people who think that vaccines don't work, and magic underwear does.
You dumbass Moon Bats think that solar is going to produce enough electricity to run the US, that there are more than two genders, a fetus is not a human being and there is man made climate change when there is absolutely no real proof so you need to examine your sources of information.

Hell, Moon Bat you couldn't even figure out that Kyle Rittenhouse was attacked by Leftest goons and that he acted in self defense despite all the videos showing it. You have absolutely no credibility. You always get things wrong.

Hell it was NRA approved, they even bragged it up.....That's just another reason the NRA can go pound sand....I'll let someone else buy Wayne a new suit.
Are you under the influence of drugs? Stop posting until you get your facts checked!

The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) today announced its support for a lawsuit challenging Illinois’s Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) Act.

Uh, no, guy, it shouldn't be that easy to get a gun.

Kind of a healthy response when you make it easy for crazy people to get guns.

You are taking one phrase out of context, without understanding the larger context of the Second and Third Amendments combined specifically to restrict the definition and expanse of militias (and how the British abused them previously.)

The Founders didn't like armed mobs, they liked well-regulated militias. They quickly put down armed insurrections like Shay's Rebellion, the Whiskey Rebellion, and other armed mobs that you guys seem to love.

Who put down those insurrections? That would be the militia!

I imagine it links into the NCIS database, which can generate a report in just a minute. If persons were interested in reducing crime they would seek legislation to better the NCIS system and require mandatory reporting by state and federal entities to the NCIS, but it would run into massive roadblocks from the mental health community.
I am going to have to correct you again?

It's NICS, not NCIS! Good God, you are thick as a brick!

Do you have a keeper to watch over you? People as stupid as you should not be allowed to wander freely. You are so stupid you are likely to hurt someone or yourself!

You have obviously never read a SCOTUS decision.

Nope, it was just a stupid decision.

Just like Roe v. Wade was a stupid decision.

These kinds of decisions SHOULD be made by legislatures.

The point is, if we put gun control on the ballot, it would probably win. That's why you guys keep running off to the courts.

The Founders didn't like armed mobs, they liked well-regulated militias.

Nothing in the US Constitution forbids States or Local Authorities from Legislating, Forming, Arming and Regulating a Militia.
It does however forbid the Federal Government from Infringing on the People's Right to Bear Arms ...
Not the Militia's Right to Bear Arms ... Which would be unnecessary because they wouldn't be a Militia without arms ... :auiqs.jpg:

By Trump's own standards, it was.

He said that 12K deaths from Swine Flu under Obama was a disaster.
So a million deaths from Covid are much worse, right?
I think you are confused or just plain stupid. Obama was briefed about the outbreak and did NOTHING. It was also a known illness. The first major outbreak occurred when I was in high school in the 70s.

…and most of those who get the disease now are idiots like Mormon Bob who refused to get a shot.

My wife got just as sick as I did, and was sick longer, even though she's fully vaccinated while I have refused to allow this poison to be put in me.

On top of that, it now appears that she may be developing heart issues, similar to those that this mRNA shit is now known to have caused in many people. It's too early yet to know for sure what's going on with that, or why.

Being “fully vaccinated” can now clearly be seen not to have done shit to protect my wife from this disease, and may turn out to have done more harm to her than this disease itself ever could have caused.

Heller is a fucked up decision. Next.
If so, why were Americans who lived on the frontier allowed to purchase firearms for self defense and hunting.

For example cowboys were not always militia members but carried firearms.

While on a Cattle Drive, Did Cowboys Wear Their Handguns or Store Them?

Farmers in the Wild West were not normally members of an organized militia but owned firearms.

In fact firearms were fairly common everywhere in our nation.

***snip***

To summarize the information from Chapter 3 of my forthcoming textbook Firearms Law and the Second Amendment: Regulation, Rights, and Policy (Aspen Publishers, available in late Jan. 2012) regarding American law pre-1800:

Women: No restrictions. Of course they did not serve in the militia. Laws requiring “householders” (whether or not they were in the militia) to have arms were common, and these usually included a woman who was the head of the house (e.g., a widow).

Free blacks: Some states had no restrictions, some states had bans on their owning guns. Free blacks served in some state militia, not in some other states, and in some states policies changed depending on military necessity. They were excluded from the federal militia by the Second Militia Act of 1792.

Slaves: Several states banned gun ownership, or allowed ownership only with the master’s permission.

Poor whites: To claim that they were excluded from gun ownership or from militia service is absurd. There were absolutely no property or wealth restrictions on gun ownership, nor on service in the militia. To the contrary, many states had programs to supply poor people with guns (“public arms”) for militia service, if they could not afford their own. Further, the laws requiring householders to be armed often required that the household provide arms to adult male servants. State laws also required that when an indentured servant finished his or her term of service, the master must provide the former servant with “freedom dues” so that the servant could begin independent life. The freedom dues were specified set of goods; in Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina, freedom dues for male servants included a firearm. In short, the state laws of the 17th and 18th centuries in America were generally prescriptive about gun ownership by poor people, and the prescriptions were to put guns into the hands of the poor.

The author of the NYU article asserts that “arms bearing was considered congruent to voting, holding public office, or serving on juries.” That’s incorrect for “bearing” in the sense of carrying a gun for personal use, since there were no wealth, sex, age, or citizenship restrictions on carrying. And the claim is even more incorrect if “bearing” is meant in the restrictive sense of “bearing for militia service.” Militia laws always mandated service by all males (except, sometimes Blacks or Indians) in a certain age range. Period. The only exemptions were for specified professions (e.g., clergy). Militia duty was generally required starting at age 16 or 18 (which was before voting eligibility). Indeed, during the end of the 18th century and the early 19th century, one of the standard,successful, arguments for broadening the franchise by eliminating the property requirement for voting was that anyone who served in the militia deserved to vote. E.g., “Let every man who fights or pays, exercise his just and equal right in their election.” Thomas Jefferson letter to Samuel Kercheval, July 12, 1816.’

I also know my mother never belonged to a militia but she carried a revolver in her purse and once used it to stop a man who tried to rape her. This occurred in Pennsylvania in the 1920 time frame.

The revolver she was carrying was a Smith & Wesson Ladysmith. Obviously the gun was named that to appeal to women, not male militia members.

1663010739777.jpeg

A job isn't a Constitutionally protected right.
Nor is owning a gun.
There is just no lie that is just too big for you...tell everybody the one about how ted kennedy never killed anyone and then was found innocent and then pled guilty anyway...that's my favorite

Can you clarify what you are trying to argue for, other than approaching the discussion with unclean hands by referring to firearm owners as "ammosexuals."

A FOID is not a big deal. Its an initial barrier method to limit purchases and (IIRC) ammunition sales to illegal gun owners.

It is not the most restrictive regulation. Those are found in California, NY and the northeast coastal states, and the cities of NYC, Chicago, and Washington for example.

Well, this is what you get wrong. I don't consider all gun owners to be "ammosexuals", just the hard core gun fetishists.

Any idiot who thinks he needs guns to settle political arguments.
Any fool who really thinks a gun protects his family when a gun in the household is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

If you enjoy hunting or target shooting, I really don't have an argument with you.

The thing is, a FOID SHOULD be a big deal. It should involve a LOT more than $11.00 worth of scrutiny.

Forum List

Back