So I try and get my drivers liscense and

yeah and it's horrible, what is it about government that makes people suck. I live in Broomfield and love the town, I have no idea who the mayor is or if he's a republican or democrat and same with the county clerk and they need to step it up.....

Funny! I have relatives who live in Broomfield. Nice town, but too damned many hippies.....they DO have a nice mall, though.....

Boulder, on the other hand, could disappear forever and there would be a lot less liberal commies in this country.

yep, I live 5 min from the mall, it's awesome....I love it and true if Boulder went away I'm all for it. Do you know in the past month they arrested a cop for shooting a moose? True Story, unbelievable.

OMG I shouldnt say the truth, I forgot, liberals call that a hate crime.....wow...when I wrote that I didnt know people like you would say that ;) I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!I didnt know liberals tend to cherry pick and just post you're a racist if you say ******.....that's all they can do, the robot programming doesnt let them read the whole post.....oh and the person....er **** I hate from the DMV was white......I bet everyone of you libtards thought she was black, you guys are really way to much fun to mess with...predictable and boring.

yeah and it's horrible, what is it about government that makes people suck. I live in Broomfield and love the town, I have no idea who the mayor is or if he's a republican or democrat and same with the county clerk and they need to step it up.....

Funny! I have relatives who live in Broomfield. Nice town, but too damned many hippies.....they DO have a nice mall, though.....

Boulder, on the other hand, could disappear forever and there would be a lot less liberal commies in this country.

Been through Denver, had some friends that lived in Ft. Collins that we visited a couple of times. We were hoping our daughter would be station at one of the AFB to the east of Denver once she was commissioned so we could go out and visit. Maybe scope the area for retirement in 10-12 years. But alas that didn't work out, now she's going to law school and has her sights set on JAG and will have to submit new duty preferences in a couple of years.

>>>>

Oh man, it's great out here, I love it....besides the hippies and retards...but beautiful and like I said I can understand everyone and it's got great service in the stores....The only things that suck are the taxes, and the government, and the politicians, but lets just roll them all into government, so other than that, it's a fantastic place. After all Denver is the home of the retard that talks about magazines, but doesnt know what they are........which is typical of liberals on most subjects....I doubt any of these people have ever been to a dangerous inner city......they just watch it on tv and say how sad, and then go on and eat their tofu and watch Shameless

Usually, when a racist invokes "my black friends" - that's a dead giveaway.

Soon he'll post a new avatar with him and a black "friend". I've seen this story before.

Oh you mean about the I marched with Martin Luther King yea.....but I'm honest in fact one of them asked me if I used ****** and I said yeah....he was like damn you're honest....and we're still friends....damn....but to you that couldnt be possible. I bet you wouldnt have the balls to do that...oh wait, you're so perfect and morally superior because you dont use that kind of language, did I hit the nail on the head?

Ive seen tons of people with your story and their lack of honesty. Do you know black people? Do you know that not everyone is the same, right? My comment was there are alot more shaniquas in Memphis than Denver, but you just take the negative aspect dont ya? And cry racist, you're so predictable it's like clock work. you're probably the kind of people that says they dont judge others(gotta be morally superior!), yet they make fun of fat people or bad fashion or something else......we call them hypocrits.

So you're fat, huh? Is that why you're bitter and short tempered and dislike black people? Sounds like you need a big dose of personal responsibility. The nice thing about personal responsibility, btw, is it would keep you from wasting your entire day by researching before you set out on your daily clusterfuck.

Been through Denver, had some friends that lived in Ft. Collins that we visited a couple of times. We were hoping our daughter would be station at one of the AFB to the east of Denver once she was commissioned so we could go out and visit. Maybe scope the area for retirement in 10-12 years. But alas that didn't work out, now she's going to law school and has her sights set on JAG and will have to submit new duty preferences in a couple of years.

>>>>

Oh man, it's great out here, I love it....besides the hippies and retards...but beautiful and like I said I can understand everyone and it's got great service in the stores....The only things that suck are the taxes, and the government, and the politicians, but lets just roll them all into government, so other than that, it's a fantastic place. After all Denver is the home of the retard that talks about magazines, but doesnt know what they are........which is typical of liberals on most subjects....I doubt any of these people have ever been to a dangerous inner city......they just watch it on tv and say how sad, and then go on and eat their tofu and watch Shameless

You're a fine example of a conservative Republican. Keep up the good work.

car tags after moving to Denver. Just went today and did not get them. I moved to Denver a little while ago and love it. The people are great, I can understand the black folks, my fast food orders are correct and I dont have attitude if I ask someone at a store for help, because she wants to text her friend Shaniqua all day instead of help customers. I get along with all the Uncle Toms here in the Mile High City. So Denver has been great, but one thing is always constant....shitty service at the DMV.

I'm from TN and I went to the DMV, I told the lady I needed a drivers lisecne and car tags. Pretty simple, but people who dont care tend to do the bare minimum and less if they can (for those of you on the attitude thread, this is why these dumbasses stay in their jobs and why the govt needs unions because these people are worthless). So She tells me that I cant get a drivers liscense there, but I can get car tags, and she asks me if I have a vin check and an inspection done. No I say, so she says I need one of each and there is a 4 folder shelf on the table and she points to it (God forbid she grabs the right paper and makes me have to get it). Now I ask about the drivers liscense, well I'm in Broomfield and I have to go to Longmont, 45-60 min away....huh??? I cant get a drivers liscense at the DMV, seriously????? Ok, now I go to the inspection place, she didnt tell there would be a charge and I have to pay cash, so I'm now pissed....and now I've ruined a entire day and got nothing done, sounds like liberal government to me.

PS I work, so having helpful people work at these places would be nice, not all of us are welfare queens that have all day, every day to do this shit.

And this is why I dont want the govt anywhere near healthcare or guns or anything else.....

Lemme see if I have this right: You went blithely traipsing down to a local government office without first having done any research about Colorado's requirements for a tag or drivers license. You didn't bother to bring what you needed, you made no effort to comply with Colorado law, didn't even stop to ask what office does what. You simply walked in and expected that woman to drop what she's doing and meet your every need without you having to do anything at all but show up.

And now, it's THEIR fault that you wasted a day?

car tags after moving to Denver. Just went today and did not get them. I moved to Denver a little while ago and love it. The people are great, I can understand the black folks, my fast food orders are correct and I dont have attitude if I ask someone at a store for help, because she wants to text her friend Shaniqua all day instead of help customers. I get along with all the Uncle Toms here in the Mile High City. So Denver has been great, but one thing is always constant....shitty service at the DMV.

I'm from TN and I went to the DMV, I told the lady I needed a drivers lisecne and car tags. Pretty simple, but people who dont care tend to do the bare minimum and less if they can (for those of you on the attitude thread, this is why these dumbasses stay in their jobs and why the govt needs unions because these people are worthless). So She tells me that I cant get a drivers liscense there, but I can get car tags, and she asks me if I have a vin check and an inspection done. No I say, so she says I need one of each and there is a 4 folder shelf on the table and she points to it (God forbid she grabs the right paper and makes me have to get it). Now I ask about the drivers liscense, well I'm in Broomfield and I have to go to Longmont, 45-60 min away....huh??? I cant get a drivers liscense at the DMV, seriously????? Ok, now I go to the inspection place, she didnt tell there would be a charge and I have to pay cash, so I'm now pissed....and now I've ruined a entire day and got nothing done, sounds like liberal government to me.

PS I work, so having helpful people work at these places would be nice, not all of us are welfare queens that have all day, every day to do this shit.

And this is why I dont want the govt anywhere near healthcare or guns or anything else.....
Just so you know, they're now sending your DL information out to a "central location" (I've heard it's in California) for issuance of new driver licenses.

But there's no national ID. :rolleyes:

There's one reason to go to any DMV unprepared. That's if one has no internet or doesn't know how to use a phone to find out what they need to comply with state and local licensing/titling requirements.
BTW you could have saved yourself some money by going to your local police station and have them do the vin check, the form you needed is downloadable.

Last edited:
The State I live in decided, quite correctly I believe, to have our license comply with the Real ID act.

It can be a pain to get everything together, I was lucky in that I already had the item most people complain about, the Birth Cert from the Office of Vital Stats from the State in which I was born. My wife had to order hers and it took two months to get. She thanked me for making her order it 4 months prior to her license expiring.

Everything else was a piece of cake to get.

I made the appointment, showed up 5 minutes early, and was done in less than 10 minutes.

My wife had a problem...because she CANNOT get her birth certificate! (She was born in Cuba.) Fortunately, it only took an hour and dealing with a supervisor (the counter drone couldn't figure it out) to get her licence straightened out. We're both seriously considering getting passports...if we ever move out of state (and we almost certainly will), that will make changing everything over much easier.

If you start a thread to discuss the disbelief you have over black people being nice and understandable you might have an attitude problem.

First of all Ravi, have you been to Memphis? Are you one of those lilly white folk that .....it's different in Denver than Memphis, My wife's cousin came in to a Best Buy in Memphis and couldnt believe the attitude and crappy service he got, I said Welcome to Memphrica.....

and the blacks have a name for that type of person....it's called Shaniqua....I didnt make it up, they did.

In fact here is a link

Urban Dictionary: shaniqua

Fact is I'm stating the truth.....you dont like it...tough titty, I said blacks are great in Denver...in fact so much so, the Memphis ones have names for them, uncle toms, oreos, not authentic, ect....I'm sure you know those names.

I love how liberals deny reality and live in their perfect bubble and everyone is the same.......not my EXPERIENCE

PS no comment on the DMV????? and you just got OWNEEEED

I have been to Memphis. And yeah, it's pretty much a sewer! (Not that Nashville is much better.)

Hmm so you showed absolute and total compliance with the bullshit of the state. I disapprove. :evil:

Let's see...

I go in and get out in 10 minutes done with no heartburn or drama for something I absolutely have to have in order to earn a living.

You, evidently would rather have the drama and heartburn in order to NOT get what you need or want.

Are you one of those who are wanting to have more hoops for me jump through in order to exercises my 2nd Amendment rights?

In my DMV there is no possible way to be in and out in 10 minutes no matter how simple your problem is.

It's upsetting to me that you are annoyed at hoops for gun rights and not at hoops from the DMV.

Also I own 2 guns.

When I tagged my Jeep, I was out in about 15.

Let's see...

I go in and get out in 10 minutes done with no heartburn or drama for something I absolutely have to have in order to earn a living.

You, evidently would rather have the drama and heartburn in order to NOT get what you need or want.

Are you one of those who are wanting to have more hoops for me jump through in order to exercises my 2nd Amendment rights?

In my DMV there is no possible way to be in and out in 10 minutes no matter how simple your problem is.

It's upsetting to me that you are annoyed at hoops for gun rights and not at hoops from the DMV.

Also I own 2 guns.

When I tagged my Jeep, I was out in about 15.

i spend more time bs ing in the lobby

then it takes to get my tags

in fact here you can have em mailed to ya

--LOL

When I moved to Nevada I went on the Clark County DMV Web site first and saw everything I needed to bring with me. I had to have an inspection and VIN check done as well so I had that taken care of before I went. Clark County also lists the live wait times at each of their offices so you can see how long it will take. All and all I spent about an hour there to get my license plates and new driver's license. I agree that the DMV is an inefficient bureaucracy, but had you done your due diligence ahead of time it would have lessened your pain. Don't put all the blame on them.

Good old Liberal Denver. I've been to the airport to change planes, but other than step outside for a smoke, I know little of it first hand.
I moved to Alabama 3 years ago.
When I got here, I had a Florida license and tags on the truck, trailer and bike
Fl registrations alone cost nearly $400/year on the 3 vehicles and the license was another 80 bucks.
So, I stick a wad of cash in my pocket and plan on spending all day in town.
There's a lady at a desk inside the door. She asks if I need help. I tell her I want to register my pickup, my travel trailer and motorcycle and get my Alabama drivers license. She starts by telling me that I'll have to visit 2 offices. Oh Crap! Where is the second one? She points to the doorway just to the left of the room where I get the plates. Cool!
So in to get my plates. No line! I flip titles and FL registrations for all 3 vehicles on the desk and she starts typing madly. I interrupt her and ask about vanity plates for the Harley. She asks my choice and writes it down and walks to a different computer. In a few seconds, she's back and says that my choice is available and it will cost an additional $40 like she is apologizing to me. I say "fine with me, Ma'am" and she goes back to typing.
At this point, I've been inside the building for maybe 3 minutes and I'm baffled. I have not met one single surly, incompetent, arrogant, civil servant.
I check my phone for email.
She says, "That will be $128.50". I said, "For the truck?" She said, "Total.Your plate for the Harley Davidson should arrive at your home in 10 days." I reply "10 days??? as my FL vanity plates had taken 6 weeks.
She replied, "We have to make them special, you know."
Now, I'm loving Alabama. I have registered 3 vehicles in just about 5 minutes. The license has GOT to be where they get you.
I walk into the next room dreading what is a 4 hour process in Fort Lauderdale and hear, "Can I help you, sir?" It's a guy in uniform. uht oh!
I hand him my FL license and tell him I need an Alabama one.
He opens a page on the computer and asks my name and address. and looks at my license. I remark that I also have a motorcycle endorsement, to which he replies, "So I see. Age? Weight? Eye color? You'll need an eye test. Look in here. What's the smallest line you can read?"
Then he tells me to stand in the box to my left. One step sideways and he says "Smile. Have a seat. This will take a couple minutes. I sit down and pick up a magazine. It's the current issue of Reader's Digest. I thumb to a page of jokes and I hear my name. I walk up and he says "That will be $26. I pay and he hands me my Alabama driver's license.
10 or 12 minutes and I'm in my truck grabbing a screw driver to mount my new plates. 7 days later, my vanity plate arrives.
Damn! I love Alabama!

bucky, like lone_star, sounds as if he is a southern cracker racist. What is the problem, bucky? We have had as much bad customer service from whites in the South as blacks. Reported a white clerk at Wal-mart for going off on an immigrant, for heaven's sake, because he could not understand her uneducated, thick drawl. And I had two black workers terminated in our businesses for lousy internal customer service.

The problem is yours, first and foremost. Period.

Last edited:
I used to drive 40 miles out of my way to avoid our DMV. Once there, I told the lady how horrible our office is, and she said "you wouldn't believe all the out-of-towners we get telling us the same thing".

I finally bucked up and went to the local office, only to find the whole bunch cheerful and helpful. An old school buddy (former Sheriff) was behind the desk. He told me he knows exactly what I'm saying, and that the "problem" was removed.

Forum List

Back